• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Mora
    Practice Squad
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Playsmart View Post
    There were 101 Face Mask penalties in 2015. That would be a lot of suspensions...No one said this wasn't a dangerous sport.
    That was not just your normal regular facemask.

Comment

• DirtDiver
      Practice Squad
      • Nov 2014

There were 101 Face Mask penalties in 2015. That would be a lot of suspensions...No one said this wasn't a dangerous sport.

I like Talib as well as anybody and am glad he is a Bronco. But I don't see how anyone can look at that play and say it is just your ordinary facemask foul. He 360'ed Brown by his facemask and took him all the of the way to ground by it. Rule or no rule, I'm surprised he wasn't suspended. I was also surprised they didn't disqualify him during the game.

Comment

• ArchAngel
        Special Teams
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
        He's lucky he didn't get suspended a game for next year.
        Why are you still here?

Comment

• Jim Mora
          Practice Squad
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
          Why are you still here?
          I like talking about football and the last game you won. Enjoy your big win.

Comment

• Rastic
            Modulated
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post

I like Talib as well as anybody and am glad he is a Bronco. But I don't see how anyone can look at that play and say it is just your ordinary facemask foul. He 360'ed Brown by his facemask and took him all the of the way to ground by it. Rule or no rule, I'm surprised he wasn't suspended. I was also surprised they didn't disqualify him during the game.
            Talib is not strong enough to flip a 180 lb man by nothing more than his face mask. His penalty was egregious and unarguably over the top even when understood from the perspective of taking a penalty to save the play, but let's not make it any more than it is.

Brown's flip was a combination of his own momentum, him fighting to stay in bounds that had him turning his body away from the sideline and Talib's "tackle" - he was leveraged. It looks bad but isn't as bad as people claim.

Comment

• GiddyupGetEm
              Special Teams
              • Oct 2015

I too was expecting a suspension, given his track record, his post game comments about his intent, and the severity of the penalty. And the league in fact has the ability to suspend for it.

Comment

• Jim Mora
                Practice Squad
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                I too was expecting a suspension, given his track record, his post game comments about his intent, and the severity of the penalty. And the league in fact has the ability to suspend for it.
                It was so blatantly intentional I was wondering if the refs would throw him from the game. It was illegal and very dangerous to a person's neck. It's way worse than a punch or a stomp. So this week I was also expecting a suspension for next year.

Comment

• Rastic
                  Modulated
                  • Oct 2013

It was so blatantly intentional I was wondering if the refs would throw him from the game. It was illegal and very dangerous to a person's neck. It's way worse than a punch or a stomp. So this week I was also expecting a suspension for next year.
                  A 300+ lb. guy putting his full weight on a person while wearing cleats could easily snap a leg, an arm, ribs, cause organ damage, etc.

The penalty is not near as bad as it looked and it did look bad, made worse by his attitude afterward. There is no precedent for ejecting a player for a facemask penalty and it would have been wrong to do so.

Comment

• Playsmart
                    Practice Squad
                    • Dec 2012

Can you define a normal regular face mask? How do we determine the amount of force? Or does it just have to look like it could have injured a player. Out of the 101 face mask penalties how many of those were over the top. No one is saying it wasn't a blatant foul, but they happen all the time. The NFL tried to make two types of face mask penalties a while back and that didn't work. Again, I never want to see a player get hurt on any type of play but that was a good foul. It save a TD, too bad it was only until the next play. As for the severity of the face mask it looked harsh but this is a violent sport. The players in the NFL understand that. You may not like it but violence will always be part of the game.

Comment

• Jim Mora
                      Practice Squad
                      • Nov 2014

Can you define a normal regular face mask? How do we determine the amount of force? Or does it just have to look like it could have injured a player. Out of the 101 face mask penalties how many of those were over the top. No one is saying it wasn't a blatant foul, but they happen all the time. The NFL tried to make two types of face mask penalties a while back and that didn't work. Again, I never want to see a player get hurt on any type of play but that was a good foul. It save a TD, too bad it was only until the next play. As for the severity of the face mask it looked harsh but this is a violent sport. The players in the NFL understand that. You may not like it but violence will always be part of the game.
                      And what if the Panthers took Peyton down with the facemask just like that? Would it have been a good foul in your mind?

There is a difference when it's not intentional. Guys let go. Talib took him down to the ground with the facemask.

Comment

• Playsmart
                        Practice Squad
                        • Dec 2012

Don't make this about Manning. It doesn't matter who the player was or even what team. I would expect the same from any other team and would understand why. Just as the Panther receiver has said publicly, he understood it. Its part of the game, just like going into the paint in basketball. Sometimes your going to draw the hard foul, you just have to accept it and not whine about it.

Comment

• Jim Mora
                          Practice Squad
                          • Nov 2014

Don't make this about Manning. It doesn't matter who the player was or even what team. I would expect the same from any other team and would understand why. Just as the Panther receiver has said publicly, he understood it. Its part of the game, just like going into the paint in basketball. Sometimes your going to draw the hard foul, you just have to accept it and not whine about it.
                          I disagree with you. I think a facemask like Talib's should get a suspension. But at least you are consistent.

Comment

• bandwagonfan101
                            Practice Squad
                            • Feb 2016

And what if the Panthers took Peyton down with the facemask just like that? Would it have been a good foul in your mind?

There is a difference when it's not intentional. Guys let go. Talib took him down to the ground with the facemask.
                            Your argument would have been more powerful with using CJ Anderson instead. LOL There are plenty of PM haters in the Broncos only fan base on this forum.

Fanaticism:

"The fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions."

This is one post where I def. agree with you. This board would have been in meltdown if the roles were reversed and the game was lost with said "dirty" player still in the game.

"Winning covers a multitude of sins" now days, I guess. Sigh

Comment

• Playsmart
                              Practice Squad
                              • Dec 2012

If its just the fact that you think it was done with malice, I understand. Im just trying to say it was a good penalty to commit because it stopped a touch down. Just like holding a receiver if you know your going to get beat for a huge gain or a score.

Comment

• Justblaze2729
                                Starter
                                • Feb 2008

Talib grabbed onto the back of his jersey before driving him to the ground, meaning most of the force wasn't on the receivers neck. If they didn't soften up the game so much maybe players wouldn't resort to pulling face masks to intimidate.

Comment

Working...
                                X