Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Wolfe + Jackson for Wilkerson

Thinking of a replacement for Malik Jackson, what would you do to get Muhammad Wilkerson.

Imagine this defense with the addition of one of the best interior d-lineman. It would be scary! Not sure how we could create the cap space but I would love to see it. We would likely have to move Derek Wolfe, but I would trade Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson to gain Wilkerson.

Thoughts? If we lose Jackson what do you think of bringing back Terrance Knighton?
    Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

i would ideallh keep jackson and wolfe. but jackson is going on for a big pay day and we may lose him any way

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Eliminatrix View Post
    Thinking of a replacement for Malik Jackson, what would you do to get Muhammad Wilkerson.

Imagine this defense with the addition of one of the best interior d-lineman. It would be scary! Not sure how we could create the cap space but I would love to see it. We would likely have to move Derek Wolfe, but I would trade Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson to gain Wilkerson.

Thoughts? If we lose Jackson what do you think of bringing back Terrance Knighton?
    Why on Earth would you trade two stud lineman for one stud lineman?

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Great question.

Jackson is not really tradeable as he is about to be a FA. Derek Wolfe has just been signed, so this is not going to happen. Especially since Wilkerson will cost waaaaay too much.

As for Terrance Knighton, he would really have to play as a NT in our scheme. I think the only viable option there would be to move Sly to DE and have Knighton playing NT (backed up by Kilgo). So effectively Sly replaces Malik and Knighton replaces Sly.

Personally, I would rather look to the draft where there is an abundance of top DL talent. Knighton is getting older and I don't think he would replicate his 2013/14 form.

We just signed Wolfe to a long term deal. Making that trade even without that deal would be stupid on our part. Two great players for one? How does that equate? Are they giving us Brandon Marshall too? Or like, 2 of their first round picks?

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quoted for truth. My thoughts exactly. Makes zero sense.

The only player I'd consider a 2 for 1 deal like that for would be JJ Watt. But that's just because he's the best player in the NFL and is on an entirely different level than pretty much all of the other d-linemen.
    Last edited by berlownacyo7s; 02-12-2016 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uknflfan View Post
    Jackson is not really tradeable as he is about to be a FA. Derek Wolfe has just been signed, so this is not going to happen. Especially since Wilkerson will cost waaaaay too much.

As for Terrance Knighton, he would really have to play as a NT in our scheme. I think the only viable option there would be to move Sly to DE and have Knighton playing NT (backed up by Kilgo). So effectively Sly replaces Malik and Knighton replaces Sly.

Personally, I would rather look to the draft where there is an abundance of top DL talent. Knighton is getting older and I don't think he would replicate his 2013/14 form.
    I agree with this. Even in Mayocks last review of the draft he has a ton of D-lineman who are crowding the top of class.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliminatrix View Post

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    What after that doozy of a post all you've got was eek! lol

No comment about the fact that he suggested replacing a DE with a NT?

Well Wilkerson is a FA and is gonna get PAID so this ain't happening. The real question is would Mario Williams take a small prove it deal to come in... He isn't a great fit for 3-4 DE but he could do a lot of what Malik did. I think Wade could use him... I am not endorsing it, but I do wonder if there is a fit.
    Is it draft day yet?

Another Thread that is an Epic Fail !!

If you can't keep two, might as well get one who is superior and more versatile. Wilkerson is the best of both Wolfe (run stopping) and Jackson (rushing the passer).

On Mario Williams

That is a very interesting thought, could be an excellent options.

I would love to have Wilkerson on this team, and so would 31 other teams I'm sure. He is top tier.

I also love the tandem of Wolfe and Jackson. I would be very happy to see them here for many years to come!