Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos enamored with Dak Prescott

Is it draft day yet?

So info out this early mean in no way shape or form do we want this guy...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

That's a rumor from Charlie Campbell who writes for Walter Football, and he's a nobody who's often wrong about draft rumors. He just throws the darts and see what happens.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Wasn't it just yesterday that there was an article claiming they were enamored with Paxton Lynch?

I'm all for Dak Prescott in the 2nd-4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Wasn't it just yesterday that there was an article claiming they were enamored with Paxton Lynch?
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-call-about-qb

Earlier this week, former Chicago Bears director of college scouting Greg Gabriel reported he polled four NFL evaluators, and each had Lynch as the No. 1 QB prospect in college football. That report came just a few days after a college coach told Sports Illustrated that five NFL scouts told him Lynch is likely to be the first QB selected next year.

So, it's no surprise that NFL clubs are doing some digging on the Memphis signal-caller. His high school coach, Allen Johnson, told the Daytona Beach News-Journal that he's received calls from the Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans and Denver Broncos.
    By the way, Greg Gabriel is the guy who wrote on Twitter that Elway was a neophyte executive who would regret hiring his buddy Gary Kubiak. Five months later, we won the Super Bowl.

I have a feeling that every QB with "natural arm talent" and capable of running a bootleg will be linked to the Broncos. Is there "artificial arm talent"?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

in 2012 Broncos would have drafted Brandon Weeden if Manning had not signed here, I absolutely believe this. Regardless of how Weeden did in Clev (age does not immediately adapt a QB to the speed of the game) I still think Weeden is a guy Elway would bring on board.

This is one of my key components to QB play, ability to convert on 3rd and long:

BY DOWN AND DISTANCE CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA

DOWN = 3 TO GO 6+ 13 17 146 76.5 8.59

Compared to Brock

DOWN = 3 TO GO 6+ 28 49 306 57.1 6.25

I am not saying Weeden will be option one, but if the price rises on Brock and you can get Weeden at 3M and draft a Prescott...
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Please no...

I'm watching some videos of Prescott and he looks Tebowesque.

Maybe to try him out at TE?

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    I'm watching some videos of Prescott and he looks Tebowesque.
    Same coach, same system.

Beware of smoke screens! I think a QB having a good Senior Bowl week means little.

Would love to see Prescott here, love his attitude and his work ethic. Each year he improves on his mechanics aswell and combine that with his solid athleticism and size to shake of tacklers he could turn out to be a really good player

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    Beware of smoke screens! I think a QB having a good Senior Bowl week means little.
    I disagree. I think it means a lot. These players have no chemistry with the guys they are with and are playing against most of the top players in the draft. Just because they do well doesn't mean the will be good in the NFL though, it's just something that adds to their potential. Guys that look terrible in the Senior Bowl, such as Tebow, should be red flagged and are questionable to succeed, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I disagree. I think it means a lot. These players have no chemistry with the guys they are with and are playing against most of the top players in the draft. Just because they do well doesn't mean the will be good in the NFL though, it's just something that adds to their potential. Guys that look terrible in the Senior Bowl, such as Tebow, should be red flagged and are questionable to succeed, imo.
    Great point, but they are also going up against defenses that also has no chemistry with the guys they are in with, too.
    I think teams put up smoke screens to fool other teams and not show the players they are truly interested in.