Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 281
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    With all the cuts happening today. We will resign Brock. And still have a bunch of money to get some players. It's getting interesting. Elway is a genius. He really is.
    Yep. As of right now without even touching Clady/Ware/Colquitt we're at $23M. If we restructure those three or cut at least 1-2 of them we could be looking at easily over $30mil. Even if we paid Brock $18M (too high IMO) we could end up with 10-20 mil to play with.


  2. #182
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yep. As of right now without even touching Clady/Ware/Colquitt we're at $23M. If we restructure those three or cut at least 1-2 of them we could be looking at easily over $30mil. Even if we paid Brock $18M (too high IMO) we could end up with 10-20 mil to play with.
    No numbers I've seen yet but it's been reported that both Ware and Clary are restructured.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yep. As of right now without even touching Clady/Ware/Colquitt we're at $23M. If we restructure those three or cut at least 1-2 of them we could be looking at easily over $30mil. Even if we paid Brock $18M (too high IMO) we could end up with 10-20 mil to play with.
    I thought I saw a number we were around 17.3 million

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,042
    I like what we are doing, not over-paying, and expanding the pot for other signings. But this in no way means that we will overpay Brock either. The logic is intact, Elway has a sense for value, and although he may up the ante on Brock, I doubt he tries to match a bloated offer by Houston or any other team. Unlike a former time when "there was no plan B", I am quite sure he has a Plan B and a Plan C, and some other plans as well. We really aren't far from serious contention, even if we lost Brock, Jackson and a few others. And pending our actions as a result, say a good free agent or two, or more, I believe we will in fact be in serious contention again...

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    229
    Not knowing the whole story, but you would think he would have enough smarts to stay out of an altercation. Looked like a bunch of *****y women. Never good to be in the middle of that. He is not helping himself. Hope he learns not to be in that situation at all.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I thought I saw a number we were around 17.3 million
    I was off on my numbers ( I don't think I figured dead money) Over the cap has us at 19m.


  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    Not knowing the whole story, but you would think he would have enough smarts to stay out of an altercation. Looked like a bunch of *****y women. Never good to be in the middle of that. He is not helping himself. Hope he learns not to be in that situation at all.
    No you clearly don't know the whole story because even from the video it was clear that he did in fact, have the smarts to avoid an altercation. The people were trying to start one, he wisely did not retaliate and got the hell out of there...People are clearly trying to make something out of absolutely nothing.


  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    229
    When you have to move someone out of the way because she is coming after your wife or friend, I would call that an altercation. Not much of one, and yes it could have gotten ugly if he hadn't walked away. But darn you are hopefully going to be the leader of the team and the face of the franchise. Not the best of starts.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    When you have to move someone out of the way because she is coming after your wife or friend, I would call that an altercation. Not much of one, and yes it could have gotten ugly if he hadn't walked away. But darn you are hopefully going to be the leader of the team and the face of the franchise. Not the best of starts.
    We are now holding someone responsible for the actions initiated by others?!?!?!?!?!? Damn! All of us need to line up and march straight to the doors of the closest jail/prison and turn ourselves in. BS!!!!! Someone else starts something, you MINIMALLY react to protect yourself or someone else, you're NOT in the wrong by ANY stretch of the imagination. Doesn't matter if you're a Broncos quarterback or a homeless vet. The INSTIGATOR is at fault, no one else.

    Gratz to Brock on how he handled it.
    Last edited by Grandpa; 03-08-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No you clearly don't know the whole story because even from the video it was clear that he did in fact, have the smarts to avoid an altercation. The people were trying to start one, he wisely did not retaliate and got the hell out of there...People are clearly trying to make something out of absolutely nothing.
    Agreed, I watched the video and I didn't see anything where he even came remotely close to hitting that women. The fact that he didn't do anything after being shoved other than shield a few of his own company showed me a lot. What players do and say off the field reflect what type of person they are on the field as well, I really hope he sticks around but my gut is telling me that Houston is going to play spoiler

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    Not knowing the whole story, but you would think he would have enough smarts to stay out of an altercation. Looked like a bunch of *****y women. Never good to be in the middle of that. He is not helping himself. Hope he learns not to be in that situation at all.
    Huh? He was leaving a pizza place. How does one avoid that? He handled it very well in my estimation. He could have turned around and clocked the person. He used his one arm to block and push back and got in the car.

    I'm sorry but they have lives and have the right to go to a movie and stop at a pizza place after. Can't control everything. He didn't hit anyone, didn't punch anyone or even push that hard. He was merely protecting and leaving.

    Believe you me, most folks know that I work in the sexual assault and domestic violence field and if I thought a player crossed a line I would be leading the charge with my pitchfork out and calling them out unrelentingly.

    This, not at all.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edge of Orange
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Huh? He was leaving a pizza place. How does one avoid that? He handled it very well in my estimation. He could have turned around and clocked the person. He used his one arm to block and push back and got in the car.

    I'm sorry but they have lives and have the right to go to a movie and stop at a pizza place after. Can't control everything. He didn't hit anyone, didn't punch anyone or even push that hard. He was merely protecting and leaving.

    Believe you me, most folks know that I work in the sexual assault and domestic violence field and if I thought a player crossed a line I would be leading the charge with my pitchfork out and calling them out unrelentingly.

    This, not at all.
    I was hoping you would offer your opinion, BL115. Could not have said it better. This is a non-issue. Can we please go back to who's coming and going on our football team? It's both exciting and disappointing at the same time.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yep. As of right now without even touching Clady/Ware/Colquitt we're at $23M. If we restructure those three or cut at least 1-2 of them we could be looking at easily over $30mil. Even if we paid Brock $18M (too high IMO) we could end up with 10-20 mil to play with.
    I don't know if this is accurate. On path to the draft they said Denver was coming into today with $9M cap room.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edge of Orange
    Posts
    2,976
    "The three moves, combined with Peyton Manning's retirement, opened up $27.43 million in cap space for Denver. It has a $14.129 million charge against the cap for Von Miller's franchise tender."

    Nicki Jhabvala: njhabvala@denverpost.com or @NickiJhabvala

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,916
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't know if this is accurate. On path to the draft they said Denver was coming into today with $9M cap room.
    Coming into today sure, but that was probably prior to all the cuts/restructures. My number was off. We were at 20M as of the time I posted that earlier (that doesn't take into account the Ware/Clady restructures.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •