Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Brock offered 3 years and $45 Million+

Last edited by SLeeLeeS; 03-05-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Do you have a source? Or is this just your speculation? Cause I'd hate for the Broncos to have offered him that, but if they did then there's no doubt they view him as the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Do you have a source? Or is this just your speculation? Cause I'd hate for the Broncos to have offered him that, but if they did then there's no doubt they view him as the guy.
    Sorry - just added the link.

If he turns down 15 per I'd be shocked. It's all over but the crying for Manning in Denver.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Brock on!!!!!!

They may have to hit the $50 mil. mark with incentives.

Something like 3 years $45 mil. with $25 mil. guaranteed and $2 mil. bonus every year he makes the SB and $2 mil. bonus if he wins the SB.

That would pay him $51 mil. if he makes the SB twice and wins it once in 3 years. No different than what Elway did with Peyton for the last year and it would be fair on Elway's part to state "hey, I did the same with Peyton and am doing the same incentive based contract with you as well".

That would be very fair, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    They may have to hit the $50 mil. mark with incentives.

Something like 3 years $45 mil. with $25 mil. guaranteed and $2 mil. bonus every year he makes the SB and $2 mil. bonus if he wins the SB.

That would pay him $51 mil. if he makes the SB twice and wins it once in 3 years. No different than what Elway did with Peyton for the last year and it would be fair on Elway's part to state "hey, I did the same with Peyton and am doing the same incentive based contract with you as well".

That would be very fair, IMO.
    I'm thinking there could be something like that included. The article just says "more than" $45 mil with no details yet.

Hm. Well, it depends on what the guarantee is. Might be OK-ish. I think it's too high, but with the FA market being so devoid of top level options, I guess they have to take a risk. If true, I hope he takes it and Elway can focus on re-structuring others, signing (or re-signing) one or two other guys for the D, and prepping for the draft.

http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-...llion/69607526

Here is the Klis link reporting it too.

Interesting point made in the article that I had not realized or seen reported before.

Klis stated that "Osweiler was the 12th rated QB over the last half of the season". I had not realized that.

Seems like a fair deal IMO. Kind of shocking that with the current QB salaries it still would have him payed outside the top 20 QB salaries. I posted in another thread that in 2008 only 6 QBs had a salary over $10M. Market value sure has increased in only eight years.

I don't think this is that bad tbh, well depending on the + part. 3 years 45 is 15 a year, which is a very realistic number in today's NFL. The way it is set up makes all the difference. Are all three years guaranteed? I highly doubt it, more than likely the first two have all the guarantees in them, which makes this a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Please God, let someone offer him $45.5 million, ...................... and he takes THAT.

So, assuming that he won't take more than 30 seconds to take that offer, how much do we save from Peyton Manning's Contract?

The correct answer, depending of course on how they construct this HUGE mistake of a Contract, is $2.5 million.

Gee, I wonder how many of our FAs we can sign with that $2.5 million? The correct answer is, "not many". Thank God we have John Elway and his "Cap guru" to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Here is the Klis link reporting it too.

Interesting point made in the article that I had not realized or seen reported before.

Klis stated that "Osweiler was the 12th rated QB over the last half of the season". I had not realized that.

Seems like a fair deal IMO. Kind of shocking that with the current QB salaries it still would have him payed outside the top 20 QB salaries. I posted in another thread that in 2008 only 6 QBs had a salary over $10M. Market value sure has increased in only eight years.
    With the way some around here talk he was bottom 12 or worse. Lots of people are gonna be upset and have hurt egos if Elway signs this guy at 15+ a season.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Please God, let someone offer him $45.5 million, ...................... and he takes THAT.

So, assuming that he won't take more than 30 seconds to take that offer, how much do we save from Peyton Manning's Contract?

The correct answer, depending of course on how they construct this HUGE mistake of a Contract, is $2.5 million.

Gee, I wonder how many of our FAs we can sign with that $2.5 million? The correct answer is, "not many". Thank God we have John Elway and his "Cap guru" to make it work.
    Well considering that Brock was better than Peyton last season, and it wasn't close, any savings is a pretty good value.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post

Who are we going to sign?

Malik will get overpaid by Oak, NYG, Jax or Chi. Replacements on the roster, cheaper FA's, and/or in the draft.

Danny wasnt even offered a contract.

OL will improve with Ty and hopefully Clady back.

Could use another Guard if Vazquez is cut.

So i ask, where else do we use that money?