Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Its about time

I think he made the right decision. But he seems to still have a lot of football desire left in him, so he should pick up where he left off from a different angle. Be that coaching, management or whatever.

Please, no more "it's about time" comments. He took a month to make one of the biggest decisions of his life, which is a lot less than most people need to make that kind of decision. He knew from the start what date the Broncos would need to know by and made that decision with that time frame in mind. The Broncos are no worse for letting him make sure.

Sad day for sure, one of the last people that still connects me to my childhood. I was a senior when he started his first game in the NFL. I also remember playing with the Vols in NCAA game breaker and NCAA football for PlayStation and playing with him as QB.

Playing 18 years is a long time and he was pretty much dominant that entire time. Multiple records, 5 MVP's, 4 Super Bowl appearances, 2 titles and a Super Bowl MVP. Certainly in the discussion as GOAT. But maybe most importantly and what gets overlooked is what he's done for the kids and communities. A true role model.

Good luck to you Mr. Manning and thank you for everything I will be telling your story to my grandkids.

From the end of the Shanny era to the return of Elway to run the Broncos... this organization was a train wreck -- the McDaniels fiasco and the Orton years were absolute low points, that left such a tremendous stain on anything DEN related it still feels like nails on a chalk board when I try to recall those days.

Then Tebow-mania paved the way and provided a slight reprieve (but we all knew it was a Phyrric victory, bc that would be unsustainable in the long run)...

But then Peyton rescued us from NFL purgatory (the 8-8 tier), as he put his faith in Elway and DEN.

From the second half of that SD game (2012) until the NE game (2014)... A stretch of over 2.5 seasons... Elway was one of the game's elite QBs (still) and had DEN winning 12 and 13 games annually. Three times DEN was the #1 seed and once the 2nd seed. We never lost a road Conf game... Only lost twice to an AFC West foe in 4 years... We pretty much dominated NFC opponents, and, most importantly, we went to two SB (and blasted NE and beat up Brady twice in the process)... And we won a SB (thus legitimizing the 4-season PM era).

2013 will forever be the gold standard for an offense. Starting from 7 TDs week-1 to avenge the BAL Holly Flacco incident all the way thru the AFCCG (when we posted over 400 yards passing on a Bellicheck defense)... What a sight to behold (but the OL and the cold and Father Time finally delivered the check for Bronco fans, and it was painful)... But Elway adapted and delivered on his promise to Pat and Peyton... And we are champs today bc of this.

Thank you Manning for coming to DEN (and thank you Elway for ensuring the PM era will forever and always be remembered and associated with PM)... After those 2 consecutive, and humiliating, playoff losses to Indy that doomed Shanny... And after They got Lucky last year (dooming the Fox regime)... So nice that DEN final stuck it to the Colts, Irsay, and the city of Indy (manning is now only 65% yours)... PM's lasting image will forever be that if a SB winning champ, confetti raining down, SB 50, as the Denver Broncos QB.

Giving it to Mort, classy tilt he end of his career.

Unreal how he elevated this franchise.

Thank you Sheriff, nice to see you leave on top.

Like I said last time, this is the right decision. Go out on top a champion, dont go to some bottom feeder and be embarrassed. The mind was willing but his body just can't physically do it anymore. Enjoy retirement Peyton!

This is so cool...now 2 Bronco HoF QB's will have retired as SB winners. That's the way to go out in style
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

March 7, 2012 was the date of the Colts' press conference to release Peyton

Peyton does not miss a thing, always thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    March 7, 2012 was the date of the Colts' press conference to release Peyton

Peyton does not miss a thing, always thinking.
    Wow, that's hilarious. Meticulous to say the least.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Congrats Peyton Manning! One of the all time greats, ending on the highest of notes!

I will always remember that day when the talk of Elway signing Manning escalated, and the media was following the story. I was on a high that day. We had just gone from ordinary to "in contention" in one day! Having said that, how will the guy perform after those surgeries? It was a leap of faith, and Elway made it happen. Elway took an incredible risk, given the size of contract.

Those four years that followed had some rough patches nearer to the end, but most of the ride was fantastic. Records set, MVP, annual division wins, two AFC championship victories, and yes, the crowning gem - The Lombardi. We were a topic for all four years! We were a contender throughout. And in those four years, we had the best overall results in The NFL, against some pretty high quality teams.

And yes Peyton Manning, you are a class act, and you took your hits (on and off the field) like a man. And though we did not win more than one SB (as if that's a fair expectation), none of that matters to me. You have done your part to help preserve our legacy as one of the best organizations in football, and realistically, any sport.

Have a great retirement, and enjoy your new career. I know you will be a success at whatever you do, and you will do it with class and intellect, and yes, greatness!

I'm glad he chose to walk away on top, and I believe he is very fortunate to be able to do so. He is a classy guy to the end, as another poster pointed out his reaching out to Mort for the story.

Good luck to you Mr Manning, thanks for your contributions to a great team!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    Chris Mortsensen is out on leave battling cancer, so it's cool that Manning reached out to him to break the story.
    Mort's always been close with Peyton.

Broke Peyton signing with Denver, this, his injury, among other things.

Right decision, one of the all time greats.

But sadly father time hits everyone eventually, thats life.

Good luck in your next chapter, Peyton.