Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Options

QB Options

With Osweiler looking iffy to come back to Denver, who would you like to see brought in as a stop gap or reclamation option? Here is a quick look at who is available.

Free Agents:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Robert Griffen III
    Chase Daniel signed with PHI
    Matt Moore
    Drew Stanton re-signed with AZ
    Colt McCoy re-signed with WASH
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Brandon Weeden
    Johnny Manziel (if released)

Trade Possibilities:

Colin Kaepernick
    Geno Smith
    Nick Foles
    Mike Glennon

Not the prettiest group of QB's, but maybe one of them could turn out to be this year's Tyrod Taylor?
    Last edited by Den615; 03-09-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Sadly, Kap doesn't look too bad on that list.

I've been a big advocate for RG3. We can get him cheap, he fits kubiaks system, low risk but potential high reward. How often does a QB that was considered by many to be better than Luck coming out of college. Imagine if Kubiak could teach him and turn him into the QB he was expected to be? We would have a franchise QB for the next 10 years, possible. If he is still the injury prone, head case then we cut him. I'm assuming the deal would be a prove it type deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    With Osweiler looking iffy to come back to Denver, who would you like to see brought in as a stop gap or reclamation option? Here is a quick look at who is available.

Free Agents:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Robert Griffen III
    Chase Daniel
    Matt Moore
    Drew Stanton
    Colt McCoy
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Brandon Weeden

Trade Possibilities:

Colin Kaepernick
    Geno Smith

Not the prettiest group of QB's, but maybe one of them could turn out to be this year's Tyrod Taylor?

1. Kaep
    2. RG-Me-Me-Me
    3. Whomever's remaining on our roster and/or drafted

The rest you can throw in a trash heap cause they all add up to a pile of garbage.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 03-08-2016 at 05:29 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Griffin, Kaep, Fitzpatrick would be my order of preference. No thanks to the rest.

Drew Stanton. He's got a resume similar to Os and could do well in Kubiak's offense.

I think the next best option would be to draft a QB in the second (Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook) then go with Colt McCoy or Scott Tolzein as a stop gap until they are ready.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Out of this list I'd go with RG3. But he had a very bad breakup with Shanahan. Kubiac & Elway r still very close friends with Shanahan and I bet he would strongly advise them to stay away.
    Next up would be Chase Daniels. He could be a good game manager n move the offense until we get a rookie ready to play.
    The rookie QB I would target in the 2ND rd is Christian Hackenberg. In a pro system his freshman yr he was excellent. A change of system ruined his draft stock. Goff, Wentz, & Lynch will b gone by the time we pick. I don't like Cook at all. His character scares me, Never voted as a team Captain n was a Dick to Archie Griffin.

What about trading for Garret Grayson, the saints clearly don't value him that much since he is third stringer. he has been sitting behind brees and he could be good in our offense.

I like the idea of drafting a QB and get Matt Cassel to fill in while one of the younger ones mature.

Quote Originally Posted by multimoussa View Post
    What about trading for Garret Grayson, the saints clearly don't value him that much since he is third stringer. he has been sitting behind brees and he could be good in our offense.
    I like that plan, I am just not sure what it would take to get him here? Of course, as a long time CSU Ram fan, I am biased :-)

If we are going to draft a QB, I like Kevin Hogan in the 4th or 5th round.

Quote Originally Posted by multimoussa View Post
    There 2nd string QB is a free agent so Grayson won't go anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post

Free Agents:

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Robert Griffen III
    Chase Daniel
    Matt Moore
    Drew Stanton
    Colt McCoy
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Brandon Weeden

Trade Possibilities:

Colin Kaepernick
    Geno Smith

Add AJ Mccarron to the trade list. Played great, same numbers as Brock, should have a playoff win under his belt. Only makes 600k, this allows us to pay our defensive guys and upgrade the O-line.

#1 keep Brock
    #2 trade for AJ Mccarron
    #3 trade for Kap
    #4 RG3
    #5 Talk Plummer out of retirement
    #6 trade for Stafford

Trading for Nick Foles may be an option. Had a bad year but was in the pro bowl the year before.