Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Options

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Trade up in draft and grab our guy, will leave it to Elway to figure out who that guy is.
    No QB is worth trading up for. We'd be best off picking up Lynch or Prescott in the 2nd-3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    No Qb in this draft, really? I see 4-5 guys with as much potential as Brock...they may take a couple years to get unto speed, but skill set is there.
    So you're probably talking Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg, and Prescott? I personally wouldn't want any of those guys for where they're supposed to get drafted. Hackenberg folds under pressure like a lawn chair, and people talk about he was in the wrong offense, but he made a lot of bad decisions last year. Like throwing into double coverage with receivers running free underneath. With Prescott, it's like one read and take off, or his first read is standing downfield wide open. It's hard to find video of him actually staying in the pocket and playing quarterback. Lynch looks ok, but late 1st, early 2nd? Ehh... He does remind me a little of Brock, though.

The only one I would want that early is Cook, but is he right for Kubiak's offense? Like I said, maybe JE and the Broncos see something they like. I think you're right about their potential being about as good as Brock's, though. Not disputing that. I just don't think a two-three year project with an early pick is the right decision. But, that's just my two cents. The good news is that our GM is one of the best to play, and armchair casuals like you and I don't have to worry. The Broncos franchise is in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    So you're probably talking Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg, and Prescott? I personally wouldn't want any of those guys for where they're supposed to get drafted. Hackenberg folds under pressure like a lawn chair, and people talk about he was in the wrong offense, but he made a lot of bad decisions last year. Like throwing into double coverage with receivers running free underneath. With Prescott, it's like one read and take off, or his first read is standing downfield wide open. It's hard to find video of him actually staying in the pocket and playing quarterback. Lynch looks ok, but late 1st, early 2nd? Ehh... He does remind me a little of Brock, though.

The only one I would want that early is Cook, but is he right for Kubiak's offense? Like I said, maybe JE and the Broncos see something they like. I think you're right about their potential being about as good as Brock's, though. Not disputing that. I just don't think a two-three year project with an early pick is the right decision. But, that's just my two cents. The good news is that our GM is one of the best to play, and armchair casuals like you and I don't have to worry. The Broncos franchise is in good hands.
    I read the Broncos were enamored with Prescott, and I liked what I saw from him in the senior bowl. They could be onto to something.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I read the Broncos were enamored with Prescott, and I liked what I saw from him in the senior bowl. They could be onto to something.
    Yeah, he's got all kinds of potential. He's just got a long way to go, I think. Dude breaks tackles like Tebow.

A good vid of Prescott where he's got time in the pocket, and you see him go through his progression against tight coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by soloking View Post
    Add AJ Mccarron to the trade list. Played great, same numbers as Brock, should have a playoff win under his belt. Only makes 600k, this allows us to pay our defensive guys and upgrade the O-line.
    Cincinnati isn't trading Mccarran. He didn't play great. He won't be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by multimoussa View Post
    What about trading for Garret Grayson, the saints clearly don't value him that much since he is third stringer. he has been sitting behind brees and he could be good in our offense.
    No reason to think the Saints will shop Grayson a year after drafting him. Not on the list.

Trading for Nick Foles may be an option. Had a bad year but was in the pro bowl the year before.
    Nick Foles could be available. Will add him.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Mike Glennon might be added to the trade possibilities.
    Will add
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Our best option imo would be trade for Aj McCarron or hope the jets resign fits and we trade for Bryce Petti.
    Both those options would be awful. Would much rather trade for Geno Smith than Bryce Petty.

A good vid of Prescott where he's got time in the pocket, and you see him go through his progression against tight coverage.

He made some good throws, some bad, and a ton of drops from his receivers.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    Cincinnati isn't trading Mccarran. He didn't play great. He won't be on the list.

No reason to think the Saints will shop Grayson a year after drafting him. Not on the list.

Nick Foles could be available. Will add him.

Will add

Both those options would be awful. Would much rather trade for Geno Smith than Bryce Petty.
    AJ didn't play great? Same numbers ad Brock, should have a playoff win but his knuckle head teammates blew the game. I'm sure They would move him for a couple of draft picks say maybe a 4th and a 6th.

AJ didn't play great? Same numbers ad Brock, should have a playoff win but his knuckle head teammates blew the game. I'm sure They would move him for a couple of draft picks say maybe a 4th and a 6th.
    He didn't play great. He showed every weakness that is on every single one of his college scouting reports. He is a poor man's Andy Dalton, which is why he is backing up Andy Dalton. Might as well sign Colt McCoy as a free agent, they are essentially the same player.

The only one I would want that early is Cook, but is he right for Kubiak's offense?
    Having watched him closely for the past two years (my wife is a Michigan State alumni), yes, I believe he could work well in Kubiak's offense. He ran a lot of similar plays at MSU. He's plenty mobile. He's accurate and has a great deep ball. He's solid when he needs to stand in the pocket. He sees the field very well and makes quick decisions. His biggest flaws are that he gets lazy sometimes when throwing on the run and falls away instead of driving, and he makes some poor choices trying to fit passes into windows that are too small. He makes quick decisions, not always great decisions. Like most gunslingers, he has a ton of confidence in his own arm. His weaknesses can be coached away. I wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by tat2matt View Post
    Having watched him closely for the past two years (my wife is a Michigan State alumni), yes, I believe he could work well in Kubiak's offense. He ran a lot of similar plays at MSU. He's plenty mobile. He's accurate and has a great deep ball. He's solid when he needs to stand in the pocket. He sees the field very well and makes quick decisions. His biggest flaws are that he gets lazy sometimes when throwing on the run and falls away instead of driving, and he makes some poor choices trying to fit passes into windows that are too small. He makes quick decisions, not always great decisions. Like most gunslingers, he has a ton of confidence in his own arm. His weaknesses can be coached away. I wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance in Denver.
    I agree, he's kind of like Drew Brees with trying to jam the ball into tight windows sometimes. I'm a B10 guy, so I've seen him play quite a few times. I get that he has all of these character issues and all, but honestly you don't have to be a scout to see the things he does well. Just watch him play. His anticipation on throws is the best in this draft, I think. He's accurate on most throws, and has great touch. Compare the touch on his throws to a guy like Lynch and it's comical.

It's weird, because everything I heard coming out of the combine was that the scouts were not impressed. I could be way off here, but just comparing all of the quarterback's skill levels throwing the ball, I for one don't see it.

I agree, he's kind of like Drew Brees with trying to jam the ball into tight windows sometimes. I'm a B10 guy, so I've seen him play quite a few times. I get that he has all of these character issues and all, but honestly you don't have to be a scout to see the things he does well. Just watch him play. His anticipation on throws is the best in this draft, I think. He's accurate on most throws, and has great touch. Compare the touch on his throws to a guy like Lynch and it's comical.

It's weird, because everything I heard coming out of the combine was that the scouts were not impressed. I could be way off here, but just comparing all of the quarterback's skill levels throwing the ball, I for one don't see it.
    I still don't know what people are talking about with character issues. He was never in trouble, he was never in the middle of anything extracurricular on the field, and he was always seen pumping up teammates on the sidelines. He may come off as a little "aloof", but that's hardly a "character issue". The whole Archie Griffin thing was completely blown out of proportion, and if that's the worst knock they have on the guy, well, I'd take it.

He wouldn't be ready to start right away, but he could be very solid in this offense.

I still don't know what people are talking about with character issues. He was never in trouble, he was never in the middle of anything extracurricular on the field, and he was always seen pumping up teammates on the sidelines. He may come off as a little "aloof", but that's hardly a "character issue". The whole Archie Griffin thing was completely blown out of proportion, and if that's the worst knock they have on the guy, well, I'd take it.

He wouldn't be ready to start right away, but he could be very solid in this offense.
    Yeah, he's definitely a project. He stares down receivers a lot, and his mechanics are weird when he drops back and plants to throw. I have the feeling that if it comes down to drafting a QB, and it very well may not, the Broncos are going to go with a quarterback who's more conservative than Cook. Given Kubiak's philosophy, I mean. Look at Cutler, for example. Sometimes you can't coach that stuff out of players. Not saying he's as reckless as Cutler though, just an example.

Chase daniels is signing with phili
    Colt mccoy is staying with redskins
    Glen Haven Fire

Scouts don't like that he wasn't the team captain so they think he has leadership issues. I don't care about that at all, he reminds me of Kirk Cousins, I think he'd be a good fit here