Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Hope the money was worth it Malik because you won't win a lot of games
    I actually beg to differ. Jacksonville is a team on the cusp right now. They've got 90M in cap (less now obviously) and a smart FO. They will win that division this year and be a playoff team.

poor guy, hopefully his family can eat now with that extra 3 million Jacksonville offered him. The possibility of a poverty 12million dollar pay check probably had Jacksons stomach in a knot.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    poor guy, hopefully his family can eat now with that extra 3 million Jacksonville offered him. The possibility of a poverty 12million dollar pay check probably had Jacksons stomach in a knot.
    I hate how we as a fanbase do this to our players when they leave...We act all high and mighty and decide to villanize them, call them selfish (which is exactly what you are implying) and treat them like crap because they decided they wanted a payday....

Good for you Malik, go enjoy your payday and I hope the Jags treat you better than some of the people around here did....

Be happy for the guy and let him go...Don't sit here and act like he owed us anything, he doesn't.

And by the way...acting like 3M per year is some small change....That's a lot of freaking money, I'd take it in a heartbeat, I love my Broncos, but you bet your butt I'd go play for Jacksonville if they offered me a difference of $12M that's a freaking huge amount of cash and I have no hard feelings over him doing the smart thing for himself and taking it.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 03-08-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Wow, Malik got PAID.

Malik Jackson-ville. Heh. Heh. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I hate how we as a fanbase do this to our players when they leave...We act all high and mighty and decide to villanize them, call them selfish (which is exactly what you are implying) and treat them like crap because they decided they wanted a payday....

Good for you Malik, go enjoy your payday and I hope the Jags treat you better than some of the people around here did....

Be happy for the guy and let him go...Don't sit here and act like he owed us anything, he doesn't.

And by the way...acting like 3M per year is some small change....That's a lot of freaking money, I'd take it in a heartbeat, I love my Broncos, but you bet your butt I'd go play for Jacksonville if they offered me a difference of $12M that's a freaking huge amount of cash and I have no hard feelings over him doing the smart thing for himself and taking it.
    Again, it's pretty clear he is mocking the i need to feed my family angle wich i completely agree with. I don't mind that he is going after the money it's his right. But dont show us your kid and act like you won't be able to provide for him with 12M but 15 will de the trick.

Be honnest and say you are going after the money and you want as much as you can make, don't trot your kid around like that 3M more will secure his health.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Preach. every last one of you would do this. If you had a 10 year window to make the money to last you for the rest of your life, you would all take whatever paid the most. There is no shame in it. Malik earned his pay day and he helped bring us a superbowl. Be grateful.

Personally I would have taken the money too. Its just a play on words from what he said earlier.

I love my broncos but im not locked into the pieces. Players come and go and when its time for someones pay day, more power to him for getting that money. Selfishly as a fan I would have loved to see him stay but honestly I think he was a product of a great front 7. He will be replaced and if his replacement has the same drive to win they will succeed the same because someone needs to double Ware or Miller.

In the end we all have the right to remain salty. Last seasons defense was VERY special.

Good for Malik Jackson.

This is an opportunity for him to prove he's a great player regardless of what team he's on.

I don't know if that's how it will work out, but that's the opportunity that's before him.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Again, it's pretty clear he is mocking the i need to feed my family angle wich i completely agree with. I don't mind that he is going after the money it's his right. But dont show us your kid and act like you won't be able to provide for him with 12M but 15 will de the trick.

Be honnest and say you are going after the money and you want as much as you can make, don't trot your kid around like that 3M more will secure his health.
    To be honest, it's not even entirely directed towards him...There will and have been crapping all over him for taking the money, his post was just the one that finally set me off because our fanbase ALWAYS does this...We praise a player, say how much we love them, how bad we want them to stay and then when they go somewhere else we just turn on them and downplay everything they did with us (Eric Decker's another that comes to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Personally I would have taken the money too. Its just a play on words from what he said earlier.

I love my broncos but im not locked into the pieces. Players come and go and when its time for someones pay day, more power to him for getting that money. Selfishly as a fan I would have loved to see him stay but honestly I think he was a product of a great front 7. He will be replaced and if his replacement has the same drive to win they will succeed the same because someone needs to double Ware or Miller.

In the end we all have the right to remain salty. Last seasons defense was VERY special.
    Alright, sorry for lashing out at you....You just were the target that finally allowed me to vent something that's been bugging me for awhile now...

People are villifying Brock and Malik for being interested in money and really...it's just getting old. No matter what they were still Broncos once and helped us win a superbowl, I'll always be grateful for that and while I want them to stay here, good for them and I hope the future treats them well (except when they play against us)

I wouldn't call Maliq a Denver 'cast off'

... but I know whatcha sayin'
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

I was just thinking of posting a similar thing in a different thread. Hate how people treat good players once they leave here in FA.