Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    So far that frees up 25.75 million between basket is in Peyton Manning.

Anyone have any more info to add to that number.

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    You had to go there, huh?

Well, if Brock makes the playoffs all of his first 3 years, and wins his division 2 out of his first 3 years of being a starter with a trip to the AFCCG all in his first 3 years despite getting beat up with his OL issues, I bet any GM would take that in a heartbeat. Maybe not you.

The team may not be built with the right pieces with squandered opportunities/draft picks on Trent Richardson, Bjoern Werner and missed FA acquisitions like Laron Landry, Gosder Cherilus, Ricky Jean Francois etc. but how much of that is really Luck's fault?
    More of it than people are willing to cop to. Certainly everything you said is true, but Luck has to take his share of the blame too. His decision-making is downright awful at times. The offense performed noticeably better when Hasselbeck played with all those same deficiencies around him. Luck is a very good player, but not nearly as good as the media wants to portray him to be.

His play last season didn't warrant that type of cash unfortunately. However, he did have some good years as a Bronco, and hopefully signs with a team where he fits the scheme. No doubt this is a step in rebuilding the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So far that frees up 25.75 million between basket is in Peyton Manning.

Anyone have any more info to add to that number.
    As of right now, the Broncos have 14 million in cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrum View Post
    6 year ~$15m/year deal for Malik

$90m for 14 career sacks.

Holy crap. Good for him, good luck.
    This is what we will be facing....teams drastically overpaying for our players. the new CBA demands that teams spend at least 89% of the cap over a 4 year period. The Jags and Raiders have been underspending the last few years and are now in a position where they basically HAVE to pay some players a bunch of money to stay within the guidelines of the cap. But they paid a bunch to get JT, and that is not working out so great so far, is it....

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrum View Post
    6 year ~$15m/year deal for Malik

$90m for 14 career sacks.

Holy crap. Good for him, good luck.

Ah jeez...what's this gonna do to Von's numbers? Friggin crazy...these teams are shooting themselves in the foot, and they don't even realize it. This free agency is making it so important to be able to home grow your players and get early production out of them before free agency hits.

Have you guys/gals seen any free agents play their franchised year? I'm only familiar with the stories floating around that the Broncos usually arrive at agreement with their franchised players. Curious whether the inflation of salaries will prevent the Broncos from signing Miller, and how that might work out.

MHR just posted that Clady is restructuring, which we all saw coming.

Between Manning retiring and cutting Vazquez, we've saved about $25 Mil in cap space I believe. Reportedly asking Ware to restructure as well as Clady, that could save another $2-3 Mil potentially.

Elway may be loading up for a free agent spending spree.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
    His play last season didn't warrant that type of cash unfortunately. However, he did have some good years as a Bronco, and hopefully signs with a team where he fits the scheme. No doubt this is a step in rebuilding the line.
    Good post and I feel really good about this. No offense to anyone but with Vasquez off the books, Millie Jackson going to Jacksonville and Brock Osweiler possibly signing with Houston, that frees up a lot of money for Denver.

With that said, I like the way things are going because it shows that Denver will not be crippled by the salary cap and don't fear guys John Elway will go out and get us a quarterback if Brock does leave not to mention Malik Jackson.

Losing Jackson to Jacksonville will hurt but we will get somebody to replace him and that person could already be on the roster in Darius Kilgo.

Kilgo is very bright intelligent young man who is wise beyond his years, you guys just watch and see.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-08-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    More of it than people are willing to cop to. Certainly everything you said is true, but Luck has to take his share of the blame too. His decision-making is downright awful at times. The offense performed noticeably better when Hasselbeck played with all those same deficiencies around him. Luck is a very good player, but not nearly as good as the media wants to portray him to be.
    To be honest, as a few games went on, teams caught on to Hasselback because he was not threatening deep and squat on the intermediate and short routes. Sound familiar, happened with Peyton too!!!

The first few games were a result of not having seen him operate in the Colts system and not having enough film to go based on. Once they did, the efficiency dropped, and he was running for his life like Luck, and got banged up as well.

T.Y. was pretty much a non factor once Luck went out except for one Bucs game in the red zone. Yes, Luck is not in the same stratosphere as Peyton is when reading blitzes and plays more street ball than not, and that is why I felt he needed a new QB coach. Peyton and Jim Caldwell did very well together and Peyton's INTs as a Colt went down once Dungy took over and Caldwell was QB coach. Sometimes, a different set of eyes is needed and hopefully Brian Schottenheimer can provide that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManningMelon View Post
    Jags paid $14M is what I'm hearing.

I'm actually kind of amazed that we didn't match that...

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Between Manning retiring and cutting Vazquez, we've saved about $25 Mil in cap space I believe. Reportedly asking Ware to restructure as well as Clady, that could save another $2-3 Mil potentially.

Elway may be loading up for a free agent spending spree.
    Who in FA? Is there really all that much out there worth these prices? The cap will level out and the teams that dedicated themselves to the draft vs FA will be the ultimate winners here.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

You had to go there, huh?

Well, if Brock makes the playoffs all of his first 3 years, and wins his division 2 out of his first 3 years of being a starter with a trip to the AFCCG all in his first 3 years despite getting beat up with his OL issues, I bet any GM or owner would take that in a heartbeat. Maybe not you....
    The Broncos already won the SB with a very restricted old QB, along with having to use Brock in the middle of the season and keep themselves in position to get home field advantage. So, it isn't the QB on this team...it's the staff being smart enough to be able to fully utilize their players. Brock hasn't shown he can carry a team to the playoffs...what he did show is that he didn't sink the ship, just like Manning this year.

And, yes, I don't think much of Luck. He's around top 10 in the league, but so many talk like he's the next coming of Brady or Manning, and I don't believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManningMelon View Post
    And end up with an over-hyped, under-performing QB like Andrew Luck? Hell no. Elway will be smart. He realizes it's a lot of speculation.
    Wow, I hope most Colts fans aren't as unappreciative as you are. That dude has killed himself dragging that organization on his back.

To be honest, as a few games went on, teams caught on to Hasselback because he was not threatening deep and squat on the intermediate and short routes. Sound familiar, happened with Peyton too!!!

The first few games were a result of not having seen him operate in the Colts system and not having enough film to go based on. Once they did, the efficiency dropped, and he was running for his life like Luck, and got banged up as well.

T.Y. was pretty much a non factor once Luck went out except for one Bucs game in the red zone. Yes, Luck is not in the same stratosphere as Peyton is when reading blitzes and plays more street ball than not, and that is why I felt he needed a new QB coach. Peyton and Jim Caldwell did very well together and Peyton's INTs as a Colt went down once Dungy took over and Caldwell was QB coach. Sometimes, a different set of eyes is needed and hopefully Brian Schottenheimer can provide that.
    Which goes back to decision-making. Punting is a win sometimes. Throwing into double/triple coverage is never a win.