Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Jacksonville is probly celebrating they won the superbowl like when they got JT last year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManningMelon View Post
    And, yes, I don't think much of Luck. He's around top 10 in the league, but so many talk like he's the next coming of Brady or Manning, and I don't believe that.
    Luck will be the next Manning, why? Because if he wants to win a superbowl hes going to need to carry that franchise on his back like manning to get one.
    Last edited by Chronoless; 03-08-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog1002 View Post
    More of it than people are willing to cop to. Certainly everything you said is true, but Luck has to take his share of the blame too. His decision-making is downright awful at times. The offense performed noticeably better when Hasselbeck played with all those same deficiencies around him. Luck is a very good player, but not nearly as good as the media wants to portray him to be.
    ^^^this^^^
    Luck is overated imo, throws way too many picks in the worst possible time!!

If he had a run game, he would cut down on the picks one would think, plus he does not think about contact in the open field, you hardly ever see him slide.
    Last edited by hawaiiiancrush; 03-08-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm actually kind of amazed that we didn't match that...
    I'm glad we didn't, he isn't worth it. Second tier guy all the way, will be there 3 years max.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Who in FA? Is there really all that much out there worth these prices? The cap will level out and the teams that dedicated themselves to the draft vs FA will be the ultimate winners here.
    O-line. Staff the hell out of it, if possible (after ensuring the defense is taken care of). Then you could stick one of those meh QB's and still survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
    MHR just posted that Clady is restructuring, which we all saw coming.
    I don't see that story over there. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Wow, I hope most Colts fans aren't as unappreciative as you are. That dude has killed himself dragging that organization on his back.
    Well damn me for not appreciating him! LOL Part of being a league-leading QB is to be effective without killing yourself in the process.

Wow, I hope most Colts fans aren't as unappreciative as you are. That dude has killed himself dragging that organization on his back.
    They get 6 games/year against the Titans/Jags/Texans. It's not like he's setting the world on fire. 55 INTs through 55 career starts is not a good number, no matter how you slice it. His TD/INT ratio isn't even 2/1 and he's played his entire career in the "passing era".

Did Vasquez a favor by cutting him, think he had some late round trade value, but this is a class move to allow him to shop himself. Good luck Vasquez, appreciate your work here!
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

What jacksonville don't have is Wade Phillips and Bill Kollar, we can recreate another Malik from the draft for way less.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Between Manning retiring and cutting Vazquez, we've saved about $25 Mil in cap space I believe. Reportedly asking Ware to restructure as well as Clady, that could save another $2-3 Mil potentially.

Elway may be loading up for a free agent spending spree.
    After Manning retiring and cutting Vazquez, the Broncos now have 14 million in cap space. Hardly the kind of money needed to go on a spending spree.

Which goes back to decision-making. Punting is a win sometimes. Throwing into double/triple coverage is never a win.
    Yeah, I don't think Luck is a top 5 QB in the league either. But there are games where you see his ceiling and go "wow, if this guy played like this all the time...", which is a consistency issue and I am sure the consistency will arrive sooner than later.

The Broncos game he played in 2015, that might have been THE BEST game he has played in his Colts career as far as not turning the ball over and delivering darts. Just a shame he and the new OC Chudzinski did not get to showcase more games as a tandem. He is not there yet but one would be crazy to not see the ceiling that man has.

If Elway was given a chance to pay one and only one QB $22 mil. a year now, he would easily take Luck, IMO. Everyone is extrapolating the future based on the past (performance, work ethic etc.) and that is what most folks are going based on. Just because success came earlier than we thought it would as Colts fans, it does not mean that Luck is there yet, and most of us know that to be the case. However, if any of us Colts fans for a moment thought Luck is not the sword we live by and die by, I would have to call them ignorant at this point. It will change, the dependency on Luck but will take a year or two for the offensive identity and decision making to all improve at the same time.
    Last edited by chad72; 03-08-2016 at 11:43 AM.

They get 6 games/year against the Titans/Jags/Texans. It's not like he's setting the world on fire. 55 INTs through 55 career starts is not a good number, no matter how you slice it. His TD/INT ratio isn't even 2/1 and he's played his entire career in the "passing era".
    His numbers aren't good...no doubt. I pulled some stats yesterday. He's around 10th-11th in the league on good years, and those are adjusted numbers that try to weed out the players around him and that they play against. Those stats create averages and base his play against that, which is the most accurate. Last season he was 33rd in the league. The guy takes a lot of chances, and like you point out, he's not making good decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
    After Manning retiring and cutting Vazquez, the Broncos now have 14 million in cap space. Hardly the kind of money needed to go on a spending spree.
    Clady is also restructuring per mhr.
    Daniels was also cut.

More $$$

I'm glad we didn't, he isn't worth it. Second tier guy all the way, will be there 3 years max.
    I was thinking something similar to this. HE has never been a double digit sack guy and he is moving on from a team with a far superior defense to a team where he will be relied on to be "THE GUY". While I bet he does well I don't see him doing well enough to live up to his 14-15 mil a year deal. Best of luck and earning 45-50 mil for your family cannot be belittled.

I find it hilarious that people on these boards wanted us to match that 14 mil offer. But are the same people who say paying our QUARTERBACK 15 mil is too much. Whaaaaaaaat? Thank god we didn't match that. We have some money boys. And I believe we still have a couple more cuts coming along with a restructure or 2. Elway knows what he is doing.