Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Alright, one of the other threads got me thinking, so here's the question, in your opinion, which player is the worst free agent signing in Broncos history?

I'm going to go with Dale Carter. The former KC corner who signed a contract with Denver to be the highest paid defensive back in the NFL, had an awful first season and then was suspended for his 4th drug violation and missed the entire next season, and then was released.

Anyone worse than that?
    When I saw the title of the thread, my first thought also as Carter.

Nate Webster

Dude, where's my helemet?

Just made a tackle after a 12 yard gain, time to celebrate!

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Daryl Gardener was one of my "favorite worst" signings.

Gets the huge contract, lasts one season, gets in a fight at a Waffle House. Epic fail.
    HOWEVER I think him calling shanahan the little general was pretty spot on.

Shanny era - Niko Koutovides
    McDaniels era - Jarvis Green

This thread -ugh!

Yeah Dale Carter was my first thought too especially for the ridiculous price we paid. Chester McGlockton was washed up and didn't do squat here either-- like too m any of Shanny's free agents.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I thought the tandum of Mike Pritchard and Anthony Miller was going to be amazing, but Mike Pritchard was a bust...that was a looong time ago, though....back when Wade was our coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseH View Post
    I thought the tandum of Mike Pritchard and Anthony Miller was going to be amazing, but Mike Pritchard was a bust...that was a looong time ago, though....back when Wade was our coach.
    Actually, Pritchard (who was a trade acquisition) started the 94 season strong, then got hurt and missed the rest of the season. After that, he seemed to be decent, but not great.

Another bad FA signing from that time in Shanny's first year as HC (1995) was MLB Dante Jones. He was fairly good in Chicago but came to Denver and did nothing.

Henry, that running back Shanny gave 5 mill a year for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Dre Bly. Never liked the guy, very overrated IMO.
    oohhhhhh I couldn't stand Bly! I went on rants about how terrible he was. I would take every castaway in this thread twice over Bly. Something about him just totally got under my skin. But the twist is he's a really nice guy.

What about that year when we signed/traded for the entirety of Cleveland's trash defensive line (Ekuban, Warren, Myers, Brown)? LOL. We had a pretty terrible defense for a long time under Shanny...

As a younger fan, Henry is the bigget single name bust FA acquisition I can recall. There was a lot of hype about him being our next stud RB, but he was too busy fathering children and failing drug tests to ever be productive in a Broncos uniform.

Except for that one play where he and Jay Cutler ran the option. Man! That was sweet!

I'm surprised no one has said Peyton Manning.

That guy threw so many lame ducks and then retired before his contract ended.

Todd Sauerbrun, Daryl Gardener.

This a great thread. Tracy Porter who couldnt play in the Mile High air.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Eddie Kennison, that piece of garbage
    Eddie Kennison with out a doubt...this guy was a quiter
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
    What about that year when we signed/traded for the entirety of Cleveland's trash defensive line (Ekuban, Warren, Myers, Brown)? LOL. We had a pretty terrible defense for a long time under Shanny...

As a younger fan, Henry is the bigget single name bust FA acquisition I can recall. There was a lot of hype about him being our next stud RB, but he was too busy fathering children and failing drug tests to ever be productive in a Broncos uniform.

Except for that one play where he and Jay Cutler ran the option. Man! That was sweet!
    We actually had a really good defense in 05' when we were the Browncos