Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kaepernick VS Fitzpatrick

First off how in the world can the Denver management team even consider Kaepernick in the first place? Going from a class act like Manning to an egomaniac with 1/2 the talent as Manning is a turn in the wrong direction. Does Denver really want the face of the team to be a guy like Kap? I hope not.

Ok now for Fitz. This guy has class and could be the best fill in for QB that Denver has the opportunity to get. As a life long Denver fan it would not be embarrassing to say Fitz is the face of the Broncos. He may not be a Manning but I believe he could do as good a Brock O.

I can remember calling my Brother the 2nd game that Payton started. I was so excited we finally after so many long years got a QB"! I can only hope Chip Kelly is not smart enough to let Kap go and he stays in Frisco! If Kap comes to Denver I can hear myself talking to my brother whining up a storm.

I do not think the Kaep rumors are real. After this year his cap hit is 19m or more every year until his contract expires in 2020 at 21.4m cap hit. ~7.5 mil of that is a signing bonus already paid but still hits the cap.

NFL network just now reported Fitz wants to get paid same amount as Oz so imo he is not an option either.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I do not think the Kaep rumors are real. After this year his cap hit is 19m or more every year until his contract expires in 2020 at 21.4m cap hit. ~7.5 mil of that is a signing bonus already paid but still hits the cap.

NFL network just now reported Fitz wants to get paid same amount as Oz so imo he is not an option either.
    Too bad because I liked the Fitz idea, guess well see soon enough but if its Kap, he needs to fix his hat, the brim is all wrong...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no arguing that Brock didn't set the market for Fitz, provided that there are at least two suitors.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

I want nothing to do with Sackorpick. Fitzpatrick would be alright.

With our cap situation, we should try to coax Hasselbeck out of retirement. See if he wants to be a game manager for a shot at a championship, like Peyton was in the playoffs. This defense is still good enough. Hasselbeck played decently with the situation he had in Indy.

I wouldn't mind RGIII either unless he was cheap.

Part of me just wants to roll with Siemian and whoever we sign as his backups and see how we do, let the defense do their thing again.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

I can't keep doing this. I need to take a break.

Say no to Fitzpatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post

With our cap situation, we should try to coax Hasselbeck out of retirement. See if he wants to be a game manager for a shot at a championship, like Peyton was in the playoffs. This defense is still good enough. Hasselbeck played decently with the situation he had in Indy.

Part of me just wants to roll with Siemian and whoever we sign as his backups and see how we do, let the defense do their thing again.
    I agree, i dont want kap or RG3, i would be ok with fitz but he is 33, do we really want another aging qb? I really hope we just roll with Trevor and sign some defensive FA's to fill the holes.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Kub and Elway must have seen a lot in Siemian. So I would think we either pick up a reasonably priced back up or draft one. What ever happens, it sure will make the offense interesting to watch this year..Good or bad.

Let Trev compete for the job with a rook or a FA and put the money we have left into an O-line. DT couldn't catch anything Brock threw at him anyway.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Let Trev compete for the job with a rook or a FA and put the money we have left into an O-line. DT couldn't catch anything Brock threw at him anyway.
    I agree. Our oline needs some help, maybe another TE if we release Vernon Davis (Heuerman will be healthy). Fill in with a DE / LB / S (if Bruton leaves) in the draft.

I would really like to see David Bruton stay. He's really good on special teams, and great for depth.

He just retired today and got a golden ticket job on ESPN that most former players would kill for (insert Ray Lewis joke here) why on earth would he un-retire?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He just retired today and got a golden ticket job on ESPN that most former players would kill for (insert Ray Lewis joke here) why on earth would he un-retire?
    To win a championship - I thought that was clear. Lol at the Ray Lewis joke.

Fitz has become this generations Steve Buerline. He does nothing for me.

To win a championship - I thought that was clear. Lol at the Ray Lewis joke.
    Never a guarantee to win a championship. From the Broncos perspective, why would you try and talk a 40 year old (will be 41 early in the season) who hasn't played a full 16 games since 2011 out of retirement when you just talked a 40 year old QB into retirement? If the Broncos are going to talk a QB out of retirement I'dd rather it be Manning or even Elway than Hasselbeck.

To people who say no to rg3 and Kap because of their immaturity all I can say is people grow up. Kap was young and had a lot of success under harbaugh, the situation changed and he didn't adapt to it in a mature fashion. It happens all the time but his skill set remains off the charts, for all that is said the guy darn near won a sb just 3 years ago. Same goes for rg3, the guy was playing basically for a dumpster fire of an organization and was drafted by shanny. And as much as I love and revere shanny having grown up watching the broncos win sbs under his mentorship, he wanted nothing to do with the guy. Proven by the fact that he drafted cousins that same year in spite of the rg3 pick. Both of these guys have immense upside and I personally wouldn't discard either in the state we as defending champs find ourselves in today