Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
    I don't know.

Wouldn't Hue Jackson be the first person to try and work a trade for AJ?
    Better chance they draft a guy, he kinda tipped his hand about Wentz though

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Knowing that guy, he probably is serious lmao. Even though we were like fourth best in the league with fumbles (even better I think if you don't count quarterbacks) and he was so intelligent as to start a whole thread how our coaches are doing a terrible job on ball security. Most of his comments are as laughable as this one. He also hates demaryius Thomas, is why he threw that part out there. As for playing one qb one half and another the other half, I have no idea!

Also, the harsh words are only because he is 99%, a troll first. 1% Fan, second.
    Coaches "were" doing a terrible job, not "are" as evidenced by the fact that there were news articles posted on this website that the coaches finally started emphasizing "ball security" after that ball security thread I created was one of the main topics of discussion for nearly 2 weeks. Thereafter, Anderson, and Hillman who were beginning a week over week fumbling trend, were now holding onto and protecting the ball much better. I gave Anderson credit in 2 threads for much improvement securing the ball, and not fumbling despite defenders constantly trying to rip it out.
    But as pointed out in the ball protection thread, the discussion had to do with ball security in general not fumbles. Furthermore it had to do with the then current trend, not historical stats, which many will use to defend their opinions. Such as "DT had good overall stats for the year so we should just let him take a 2 month vacation at the end of the year." It's amazing how many want to downplay ball security, yet it is one of the most important problems in the NFL. The Panthers did a horrible job of it. Newton fumbled while trying to run it, then recovers his own fumble, and the very next play their RB fumbles and Denver comes up with it. If you read my last post in the "horrible ball protection" from 2-8 you'll understand the reason for the post, which has to do with critical analysis, and effort or lack thereof by players.

You will also note that I don't "hate" thomas as evidenced by my last post in thread "DT is a waste" (started on SB Sunday by someone intoxicated) where I stated I was not trying to defend the thread title, and that he's not a waste, but better turn things around soon. The comment about the trade was facetious, of course they would never do that, but I couldn't resist after seeing AJ show up at the end of the season, when many felt DT didn't. The comment about Brock playing the 1st half AJ the second goes back to a couple games when Brock's 1st half was great, second half not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I think McCarron would be an excellent choice based only what I saw when he played the Broncos. I think I recall his salary is quite a bit less than a $1M.

A trade with the Bengals is plausible as they draft 24th. I read an article suggesting Denver switches with Cincinatti and takes Elliot with the 24th pick in exchange for their 31st and Jordan Norwood. There is no reason AJ McCarron and another player could not be included in such a deal. In one move, Denver gets a capable and inexpensive QB and the best RB in the draft and the offense changes significantly within the Cap room they have. It is an intriguing idea.
    If only this could be true....
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

McCarron's numbers were slightly better than Brock's. But you put him behind our offensive line last year, and I think they might have ended up much worse than Brock's.

The low salary would be nice, but I'm guessing Cincinnati would expect at least a 2nd round pick for him. Maybe our 1st since we're picking last in each round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    McCarron's numbers were slightly better than Brock's. But you put him behind our offensive line last year, and I think they might have ended up much worse than Brock's.

The low salary would be nice, but I'm guessing Cincinnati would expect at least a 2nd round pick for him. Maybe our 1st since we're picking last in each round.
    McCarron was drafted with the 164th pick in 2014 as the 8th QB overall. He is much like Osweiler in that he only has a few starts. He differs from Osweiler in that he is halfway through his rookie contract and is only paid $600,000 next season and $690,000 in 2017.

There is no way that guy gets a 1st or 2nd round pick in return. The Bengals realize they have an inexpensive and capable backup in McCarron and they will want something in return that immediately benefits their team; but no team will give them a 1st or a 2nd in exchange for an unproven backup at 164th. The only advantage he offers to the Broncos is his cheap cap hit.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    McCarron was drafted with the 164th pick in 2014 as the 8th QB overall. He is much like Osweiler in that he only has a few starts. He differs from Osweiler in that he is halfway through his rookie contract and is only paid $600,000 next season and $690,000 in 2017.

There is no way that guy gets a 1st or 2nd round pick in return. The Bengals realize they have an inexpensive and capable backup in McCarron and they will want something in return that immediately benefits their team; but no team will give them a 1st or a 2nd in exchange for an unproven backup at 164th. The only advantage he offers to the Broncos is his cheap cap hit.
    Totally agree. Not saying anyone would give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for McCarron. I just think that's what it would take to pry him loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Totally agree. Not saying anyone would give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for McCarron. I just think that's what it would take to pry him loose.
    Cincinatti is a playoff bound team next season and only missing a few key players. Mohamed Sanu is leaving, Vontaze Burfict is a liability and they need some other help. Losing McCarron makes little to no immediate negative impact on the team in exchange for gaining at a position of immediate need. Their only risk is if Dalton can stay healthy and who backs him up if he goes down. Offering them a player of immediate impact (and I am just tossing out names here) like a Todd Davis or Andre Caldwell with say a 6th or 7th round pick might be enough to pry him out.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Connor Wujciak

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...kes_stron.html

Before the combine was projected to go undrafted. This guy could be a late round steal. He's got pedigree and he looked great at the combine. Another hard grinder nasty guy like Wolfe that could play NT or the end.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...iak?id=2555272

Hooray, beer!

perhaps as a very late round - see what happens pick, sure. For the most part it seems that his main issues are not fixable so he could be interesting.

With Bradford getting 18million Brock is looking less likely for the Broncos.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/2/29...-in-cincinnati

How likely is it that the Bengals would be willing to part ways McCarron? They would need to get a high-value return in order to even consider it. As the Bengals now know first hand, having a backup quarterback who can hold his own is priceless in the NFL.
    I wonder if we could nab him for a 3rd? I'm guessing that would be the least they would consider.

Still not sold on him as a long-term starter. Did look to have a lot of poise, though.

He looks to be one of the most athletic players at DE/DT however many scouts have said he has maxed out his frame and could not play NT even in our D. I like him as a run stuffer UDFA or late round guy if we miss out on both Rankins and Zettel

Denver interested in JR Sweezy

On JR Sweezy there are over half a dozen teams still in the mix for him. One intriguing team team to pay attention to here? The #Broncos.

Would be a very interesting move, the guy is a mauler in the run game. Garcia is a similar type player who is much better in the run game than pass pro. If we add him, it would be a nice solid foundation for running on the interior.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Sounds like a rapper.

The Eagles Ridding Themselves Of All Things Chip Kelly

If I was anyone on The Eagles that Chip Kelly signed, I'd be staying low for some time....unless of course you wanted out. Hey, if so, just walk around with a sign on you....."Chip brought me here!"

The Eagles are basically undoing themselves of The Kelly "effect". Then again, they gave him the farm when he took over. That's the danger of complete commitment without checks and balances. I agree with loyalty and trust....when earned. I say give folks the keys, but limit the # of vehicles in the lot. In time you will know if you can hand over all the keys.