Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez

Mark might not be a bad option at this point. He is still mobile and has a good but not great arm. He has experience and should be able to manage the offense. Lets face it, our QB's last year did not set the offense world on fire.

Also, Elway said that this is the 1st step in our process. Mark might be a starter or a back up. Time will tell.

He could still be traded to SF for Kaepernick to compensate for the lower pick they would receive from Denver.

Never know with Elway.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kagge View Post
    Mark might not be a bad option at this point. He is still mobile and has a good but not great arm. He has experience and should be able to manage the offense. Lets face it, our QB's last year did not set the offense world on fire.

Also, Elway said that this is the 1st step in our process. Mark might be a starter or a back up. Time will tell.
    And its not like the QB's that are out there are falling all over themselves wanting to come to Denver, Kaepernick wants to play in Cleveland and RG3 said he likes the Rams.

We should draft a QB now. Let's hope the front office brings in a few nice pieces in the rest of free agency and on to the draft. Maybe steal Paxton Lynch and sit him for a year. We'll see how it goes.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

I don't believe Mark is a great leader. He will not throw 17 interceptions in 9 games though.

I don't see Sanchez as any kind of upgrade over Siemian in the least. Sure, Sanchez has more experience, but that's mostly BAD experience. Talent wise, Siemian's a step above.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    I don't see Sanchez as any kind of upgrade over Siemian in the least. Sure, Sanchez has more experience, but that's mostly BAD experience. Talent wise, Siemian's a step above.
    If we signed Sanchez to begin the season as the #2 guy then I understand it. That gives Siemien someone to beat out for the spot rather than it being handed to him, and it gives him another year to develop.

I see this being similar to the Jake Plummer situation. Kubiak molded Jake into the system, same here, then we'll draft a stud QB, let him sit a couple of years.

Nah, he would probably throw more

Whether or not it solves on field problems isn't really the question. This takes the media pressure away, every NFL headline was talking about Denver having just 1 QB. This will loosen the strangle alot of other QBs had on us and we can start looking around the market again now and fill these vacancies.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    You might be right. I don't know enough about Siemian though. I know some of you like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-D View Post
    I see this being similar to the Jake Plummer situation. Kubiak molded Jake into the system, same here, then we'll draft a stud QB, let him sit a couple of years.
    I think Plummer was a more accomplished QB in comparison to Sanchez, but here's an interesting stat:

Mark Sanchez has an 86.6 passer rating and 55.0 QBR since the start of the 2014 season. Brock Osweiler has an 86.6 passer rating and 47.9 QBR over the same span.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    If we signed Sanchez to begin the season as the #2 guy then I understand it. That gives Siemien someone to beat out for the spot rather than it being handed to him, and it gives him another year to develop.
    That's a fair point, and that may be a decent approach. But I don't see the problem with having Siemian as the starter, he's had one full year to learn the system, and will have a full training camp/pre-season as well.

And let's face it, he's not Johnny Football. He's a mature (for his age), level-headed kid, he doesn't have to grow up or gain a bunch of maturity to be able to handle the job. I don't think he needs another year to sit and learn.

Give him the reps and support he needs to succeed, put him in there and let's see what he's got.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mora View Post
    You might be right. I don't know enough about Siemian though. I know some of you like him.
    Very fair point, I do like him, but admittedly, that's mostly from seeing some film from a couple years ago at Northwestern, and what little we've seen since being with the Broncos. I'm eager to see what he can do.

I was a little shocked as I texted my husband the news and he replied that Sanchez is okay.... but maybe okay for him cause he's a Charger fan. I do think the plan is to have him as the backup... I hope.