Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    Which is the going rate for a decent veteran backup. Chase Daniel is making $7 mil to backup Bradford.
    Hell it's cheap.

Defense wins championships

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    The defense was absolutely unbelievable and it was truly amazing to watch. So entertaining and awesome.

Need my paypal??
    Well he's not wrong. You're often very unnecessarily negative. Some is warranted though, I admit. Because, we make the playoffs this last year year no matter what quarterback (who started a game for another team this year) was our quarterback.

The whole argument on him putting you in the right play only started to matter in the playoffs when he wasn't trying to give games away with all the interceptions. Pretty sure being in the right play and throwing a nice chunk of crucial interceptions tip in favor of bad play.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-11-2016 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Well he's not wrong. You're often very unnecessarily negative. Some is warranted though, I admit. Because, we make the playoffs this last year year no matter what quarterback (who started a game for another team this year) was our quarterback.

The whole argument on him putting you in the right play only started to matter in the playoffs when he wasn't trying to give games away with all the interceptions. Pretty sure being in the right play and throwing a nice chunk of crucial interceptions tip in favor of bad play.
    Man I just get driven nuts by people that can't see reality in things...

And....it's a discussion board...while it doesn't necessarily need to be negative. If we all just sat around said how "isn't this amazing" it wouldn't be too much fun

Debate on how/where to improve is almost the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    I'd rather have Sanchez for 4.5m than Brock for 18m.

Same talent level imo...
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Exactly. Very similar stats for 13.5 million dollars cheaper. Then if you want to talk "winning", which I think is so overrated on the qb, as teams win. Yes, Brock went 5-2, but mark played in two afc championship games. And honestly, he played well enough that with our defense, we very well could have won both of those games. So, that's why people whining about this offseason is bothering me.

Anyhow, I do think mark will not be our starter. So we will see.
    Sanchez will thrive with our team.

He beat Peyton and Brady in back to back playoffs with Rex Ryan defense. Elway isn't dumb but some posts over here, don't even get me started.

Something to think about:

“Well, I think that’s the hard part,” Elway said. “When you look at where the salaries are on quarterbacks, either above $15 million or below $5 [million]. There’s no middle class of quarterbacks."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/25/elway-hints-at-middle-class-contract-for-osweiler/

That's a quote from an article about getting Oz to sign a contract. Elway views $5 MIL or less as a contract for a lower class of QB. Don't freak out. He knows exactly what he has just done.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
    Hell it's cheap.

Broncos had a cheap back up on the roster with Trevor.

It's really simple math:

Sanchez 4.5m + Kaep/Fitz 13m = 17.5m

Would have been easier to court Brock. Your not saving squat with the scrub route.

Serious note. Hopefully Sanchez will be a piece of a trade. I just can't imagine him in Orange this season. Best case he's only gaurenteed 1 million so cap implications will be minor if he doesn't make the 52

And....it's a discussion board...while it doesn't necessarily need to be negative. If we all just sat around said how "isn't this amazing" it wouldn't be too much fun

You don't have to explain yourself to me. lol. I said some of it is warranted. I don't have an issue with you. I was only stating he's not technically wrong. haha

I think we've missed the big picture. It's almost as if people are forgetting we gain and lose players in free agency. When we signed Ware, Talib and TJ Ward - other teams lost them.

If we paid Malik and Osweiler, even with the offers Elway made there would have been an impact on other needs. I was a supporter of Brock from the standpoint of potential and stability - not a chance at the price Houston paid.

We forget Elway signed Wolfe before free agency. If Wolfe hit free agency from another team and Elway signed him everyone would be praising him for a big time pickup. We signed Phil Taylor at DT and while this wasn't a big splash he adds depth. The draft is rich with talent at DE and Chris Long is still out there, although other teams like the Cowboys and Patriots are interested - let them pay.

We picked up Stephenson for the O line and Myers at the end of season. Myers is developing however he was viewed with the same potential as Garcia. We can use #31 to get the best prospect available to build the line. If we trade up for a QB or take one there without improving the line we'll still struggle on offense.

The defense got us to the championship and if we learn from that we should consider using #31 to get the best DE available. I personally like Jarran Reed and Kevin Dodd - not sure Reed will be there at 31.

I think we have to be careful about drafting a QB just because we have a question mark there. Fitz is still available and more than capable of getting us back to the playoffs if we put a solid line in front of him, along with a good running back.

When I watch this highlight vid I find it hard to believe there is no value in this player.
    https://youtu.be/VEHH1Wgd5Dw
    The Jets went from contender to hot mess as does everything Ryan touches, Sanchez needs a good system to get some of his old swagger back. He beat Manning and Brady in playoff games in their prime5 years ago!!!

This may be Elway's greatest moment yet...
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    When I watch this highlight vid I find it hard to believe there is no value in this player.
    https://youtu.be/VEHH1Wgd5Dw
    The Jets went from contender to hot mess as does everything Ryan touches, Sanchez needs a good system to get some of his old swagger back. He beat Manning and Brady in playoff games in their prime5 years ago!!!

This may be Elway's greatest moment yet...
    He is not as awful as everyone makes him out to be. He's fun for some jokes with the butt fumble and eating the hot dog.

Even though the Jets lost the two conference championship games he had 302 pass yards vs Colts in 2009 and 219 vs Steelers in 2010 - both road games.

He's not been able to play well enough to secure a starting role however he can still play and we need a backup. Worst case scenario he could start and the offense could be better than they were in 2015.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-12-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Im ok with this move. Sure not really the QB that would've been on my radar but still a nice pick up. However that being said IDK if Sanchez will be with us whenthe season starts for all we know he could be Trade bait for SF for COlin or who knows who. IF he is with us when the season starts that's fine I'm pretty sure we will likely draft another QB in the later rounds and Mark Sanchez/Siemian and whoever can battle it out in Training Camp/Preseason for the starting job.

Mark I think got a bad rap in the past he's not a great QB but he has been able to get the job done at times but he also has made some mistakes. It will be interesting to see what happens I trust Elway knows what he's doing we still have a long way to go before the Season starts so lets just wait and see.

I'd rather have Sanchez than Brock any day. Brock did not really impress me. I especially hated his interviews. He always said the positive thing, but it always seemed so fake. I never believed a word he said.
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Quote Originally Posted by osfantaztic View Post
    He is not as awful as everyone makes him out to be. He's fun for some jokes with the butt fumble and eating the hot dog.
    Did you see the faces on Manning and Brady in those sideline shots?

Sanchez and Kappy were both victims of teams imploding and coaching disasters. They both deserve a chance in a better place. I'm not a fan of that whole hip hop gangsta thing but both of these guys are winners in the right system. They proved it, their teams failed them.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer View Post
    I'd rather have Sanchez than Brock any day. Brock did not really impress me. I especially hated his interviews. He always said the positive thing, but it always seemed so fake. I never believed a word he said.
    You know I start thinking the same thing when he just rattles out these cliches.. I'm glad someone else saw it too..