Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Troy Renck said today that Sanchez "has basically not left the facility" since he joined the Broncos. He's there all day studying and working out. Renck also spoke with Sanchez's high school coach who said this is the happiest Sanchez has been since draft day. Sanchez improved his passer rating to 80.7/88.4 with the Eagles. If he's really working that hard, it's not absurd to think he can bring his passer rating closer to or even above 90.0 playing in a west coast offense that's familiar to him from his time with USC and the Jets. Hopefully he'll gather the receivers and host a passing camp like he used to do.
    Perhaps he is cheap and is saving money.......

Seriously, it's all good. If he is as happy as it appears, I expect this will be a good signing, even as a backup. I love it when folks want to be part of an organization. And there is no doubt that in his first couple of years, he had franchise written all over him. Just didn't work out, and from what I hear, partly due to those around him. But wow, he helped lead his team to 2 straight AFC finals, and went 4 for 6 in two playoffs seasons. That's pretty darn good!

Perhaps I am wrong. Even though I think we will know more by April 1, perhaps Sanchez makes a turnaround in his career. Maybe this system/these people will bring back the player we saw as a youngster in this league. Hey, never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Perhaps he is cheap and is saving money.......

Seriously, it's all good. If he is as happy as it appears, I expect this will be a good signing, even as a backup. I love it when folks want to be part of an organization. And there is no doubt that in his first couple of years, he had franchise written all over him. Just didn't work out, and from what I hear, partly due to those around him. But wow, he helped lead his team to 2 straight AFC finals, and went 4 for 6 in two playoffs seasons. That's pretty darn good!

Perhaps I am wrong. Even though I think we will know more by April 1, perhaps Sanchez makes a turnaround in his career. Maybe this system/these people will bring back the player we saw as a youngster in this league. Hey, never say never.
    Of course he is "cheap and saving money", because frankly he SUCKS. Of course he "wants to be here" because again he sucks and can't be anything anywhere else.

I hope I'm wrong and will love it if I am, but I seriously doubt it with Franchise leading our team into the ground.

Troy Renck said today that Sanchez "has basically not left the facility" since he joined the Broncos. He's there all day studying and working out. Renck also spoke with Sanchez's high school coach who said this is the happiest Sanchez has been since draft day. Sanchez improved his passer rating to 80.7/88.4 with the Eagles. If he's really working that hard, it's not absurd to think he can bring his passer rating closer to or even above 90.0 playing in a west coast offense that's familiar to him from his time with USC and the Jets. Hopefully he'll gather the receivers and host a passing camp like he used to do.
    That effort is what I like to hear. I have to give props to the guy.

Troy Renck said today that Sanchez "has basically not left the facility" since he joined the Broncos. He's there all day studying and working out. Renck also spoke with Sanchez's high school coach who said this is the happiest Sanchez has been since draft day. Sanchez improved his passer rating to 80.7/88.4 with the Eagles. If he's really working that hard, it's not absurd to think he can bring his passer rating closer to or even above 90.0 playing in a west coast offense that's familiar to him from his time with USC and the Jets and were two teams that carried his average QB play. Hopefully he'll gather the receivers and host a passing camp like he used to do.
    there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    there ya go.
    Came up with that all on yer own did ya?
    [

Chip is now saying he wants Kaep to stay and the FOis giving Chip the power to make the decision if Kaep will be released or not.

So based on this info, count on Kaep staying in San Fran IMO!!

So looks as IF we will be going into camp with Mark Trevor and whom ever we draft to compete for the starting job.

Come on Trevor, you can win yourself a starting job as the QB OF THE SB CHAMPS.
    Wohoooo.

At least he is ready to compete. From the latest news out of Houston, Brock wanted to escape the Elway/Manning pressure....in English that means he "was afraid of failure". Maybe a potentially talented guy but no backbone if that is true. You think Aaron Rodgers wanted to escape the pressure of following Favre ? Not.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    Chip is now saying he wants Kaep to stay and the FOis giving Chip the power to make the decision if Kaep will be released or not.

So based on this info, count on Kaep staying in San Fran IMO!!

So looks as IF we will be going into camp with Mark Trevor and whom ever we draft to compete for the starting job.

Come on Trevor, you can win yourself a starting job as the QB OF THE SB CHAMPS.
    Wohoooo.
    Potential for trade to get Kap is not out by any stretch.

Fitz is still a possibility and the longer he goes without signing the less likely he'll be with the Jets.

IMO a qb would either need to have a significantly better contract on the table to not want to play in Denver.

No franchise will provide its qb with more resources to succeed

We may make mistake in evaluating but we do the best we can in fixing that mistake when the opportunity arises

I mean Brock was the better part of the 31st ranked qb play in the NFL. Even tho injuries hit the OL hard Brock was able to get his contract in large part because of the support this franchise gives its qb

I am sure a lot of qbs look at Denver with envy

the fact that RG3 went to the Browns means Sanchez more than likely will be the guy day one.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Glad to see you have backtracked off your initial negative comment about Kaepernick's "character" because of his personal decisions about his birth mother. Commendable move.

Changing the situation to calling it a "distraction" is probably more accurate. I agree with your points that it would be a distraction. Same as most players have when a difficult issue happens in their lives. The media has to ask. They typically need to respond.

I still doubt Kaepernick is avoiding Denver because of this. Perhaps a contributing factor but not the deciding detail. And even if it were I can respect that he would rather not have to deal with the personal situation. Not as a character flaw as you initially stated.

As I mentioned, I am not a fan of Kaepernick being a Bronco, not because of some conflict with his mother though.
    I'm not backing off of nothing dude I still don't like Kaepernick's character.
    Whether you want to judge a football player soley on his performance on the the field that is fine.

I judge in the same way until character issues come into play because it does make a difference with a football team.

Would you have Johnny Manziel on this team? Probably not and why not. because his off-the-field issues.

Kaepernick may not have those type of issues but he's butthurt with the San Francisco organization just like Brock Osweiler was butt hurt with John Elway and Gary Kubiak for benching him.

They may not extreme character issues but they are still there. So no I'm not backing off that I believe there are character issues there and for that I oppose of the idea of Colin Kaepernick playing for the Denver Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    the fact that RG3 went to the Browns means Sanchez more than likely will be the guy day one.
    Not necessarily. We actually have a lot of leverage in the Kaep situation now. They either cut him (and get nothing) or take our offer because there isn't another one. If anything it makes it more likely we get Kaep (assuming the FO still actually wants him)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I'm not backing off of nothing dude I still don't like Kaepernick's character.
    Whether you want to judge a football player soley on his performance on the the field that is fine.

I judge in the same way until character issues come into play because it does make a difference with a football team.

Would you have Johnny Manziel on this team? Probably not and why not. because his off-the-field issues.

Kaepernick may not have those type of issues but he's butthurt with the San Francisco organization just like Brock Osweiler was butt hurt with John Elway and Gary Kubiak for benching him.

They may not extreme character issues but they are still there. So no I'm not backing off that I believe there are character issues there and for that I oppose of the idea of Colin Kaepernick playing for the Denver Broncos.
    I have no issue with judging a player by his on and off the field decisions and actions. The totality do indicate their character.

I still take issue with your making a judgement of Kaepernicks character based on his decision to not have a relationship with his mother. Look at your own initial comment if you are confused with my comments.

Curious if your use of "bud" and " dude" are just a part of your pattern of speech or some strange way of trying to posture or somehow intimidate. Kind of ridiculous if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Curious if your use of "bud" and " dude" are just a part of your pattern of speech or some strange way of trying to posture or somehow intimidate. Kind of ridiculous if you are.
    Thats just the way you take things, it aint my fault you have issues with that now as well.

Bottom line is you just have issues.

As of this moment I would rather have Sanchez than Kap. Either one of them could prove me wrong, but I submit that while this is unfortunate and silly:

...this is inexcusable: