View Poll Results: Who do you THINK will be the Broncos starting QB on opening night?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Sanchez

27 51.92%
  • Trevor Siemian

8 15.38%
  • Colin Kaepernick

7 13.46%
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick

2 3.85%
  • Robert Griffin III

0 0%
  • Another Free Agent (Specify)

1 1.92%
  • 1st Day Rookie (1st round)

2 3.85%
  • 2nd Day Rookie (2nd-3rd round)

2 3.85%
  • 3rd Day Rookie (4th-7th round)

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

3 5.77%
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
    Accept it or seek therapy !

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    I have to hold my breath and pray to the football Gods that Elway isn't stupid enough to get RG3 or Kap. One gets injured if you fart in his general direction and the other throws balls like this:

Or he's throwing the ball away!

I'm sure Cincy is super excited to trade their Back up Qb to one of their biggest threats in the AFC. They would love to lend a helping hand to a desperate team.

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    Not interested in either one. They have character issues not just talent and injury issues. From reports I read they lost support of their teammates.

I'd roll with Siemien and try to sign Ryan Fitzpatrick and maybe draft another QB somewhere.
    I agree on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningRules View Post
    Yeah before all injuries RG3 had world class speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    I agree on all counts.
    Fitzpatrick blows. He has been on like 10 teams, let the dude just retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    IMO maybe in my unpopular opinion, but RG3 is a no brainer.

Get for a low guaranteed short contract and take a chance. Worst case scenario we are searching for another QB next year. I don't see any other long term solutions available.
    I'm with you on that unpopular opinion.

I think character issues have been blown out of proportion and are now mainly brought up by people who haven't been keeping tabs on RGIII lately. There is no doubt in my mind he's sincerely changed his attitude. Injury history is still a concern but it's a gamble I'd be willing to make.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    I'm sure Cincy is super excited to trade their Back up Qb to one of their biggest threats in the AFC. They would love to lend a helping hand to a desperate team.
    Sounds good to me. Teams do crazy things all the time.

Last year NO traded Jimmy Graham to SEA. One of the best TE's in the game before getting injured. SEA was already a powerhouse team loaded with talent and a major obstacle to the Saints in the playoffs and they still did it. So you just never know.

Not a QB but an elite player.

Several things on this topic. Everyone who is demanding Fitz is not looking at the whole picture. If Elway wasn't going to pay OZ 18 Mill, he most definitely won't for Fitz... so he is out. Not to mention, no one has mentioned that OZ and Fitz has the SAME AGENT! Word coming out was it was more than just money that made OZ leave, don't think the agent would go back to Denver after all of that.

Between Kaep and RG3, I think they are both similar, but the fact that RG3 is a free agent and can be had for cheap, I think he is the best option. Kaep is nearly 17 mill in cap space right now, and new rumors say the 9ers are using the Broncos desperation as leverage and asking for a first rounder, sorry but no.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsfanatic View Post
    I'm with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by bestkeeper14 View Post
    Several things on this topic. Everyone who is demanding Fitz is not looking at the whole picture. If Elway wasn't going to pay OZ 18 Mill, he most definitely won't for Fitz... so he is out. Not to mention, no one has mentioned that OZ and Fitz has the SAME AGENT! Word coming out was it was more than just money that made OZ leave, don't think the agent would go back to Denver after all of that.

Between Kaep and RG3, I think they are both similar, but the fact that RG3 is a free agent and can be had for cheap, I think he is the best option. Kaep is nearly 17 mill in cap space right now, and new rumors say the 9ers are using the Broncos desperation as leverage and asking for a first rounder, sorry but no.
    Stop using logic. This is a time when you are suppose to be huddled on the couch with your favorite blanky and type utter nonesense on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I'm with you on that unpopular opinion.

I think character issues have been blown out of proportion and are now mainly brought up by people who haven't been keeping tabs on RGIII lately. There is no doubt in my mind he's sincerely changed his attitude. Injury history is still a concern but it's a gamble I'd be willing to make.
    His upside is worth the gamble. Give him a chance to prove why he was ROY.

Lets not make a trade or a big time signing that might effect the team for multiple years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManningMelon View Post
    I was ok on Kaep, but looking at his contract, it would be over-paying again. And, the Broncos would be stuck with him and that huge contract if he continues to perform like garbage. I can't see Elway headed that direction. I'm thinking Elway's looking for something short term (one season), and not $16M a year.
    to be fair: (via overthecap) "From 2015 through 2017 his entire base salary is guaranteed for injury only as is $5.2 million of his 2018 base salary"

So we wouldn't be on the hook for all that money if he doesn't pan out.

That being said, I'm not a Kaepernick guy. But I don't really see too many good options.

My list right now, in order:

1. Trade for McCarron
    2. Fitzpatrick
    3. Elway comes out of retirement
    4. Trade for Kaepernick and restructure
    5. Me
    6. Wade Phillips
    7. RGIII

Quote Originally Posted by broncsfanatic View Post
    Fitzpatrick in 2015: 59.6% completion, 3,905 yards, 6.9 YPA, 31 TD, 15 INT, 250 rushing yards, 2 TD
    Osweiler+Manning in 2015: 60.7% completion, 4,216 yards, 7.0 YPA, 19 TD, 23 INT, 56 rushing yards, 1 TD

If we can win a Super Bowl with the ghost of Peyton Manning leading us through the playoffs, I don't see Fitzpatrick as such a bad thing.
    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Why not just draft Prescott. Similar enough skill set to these two headcases on a rookie contract.

Then you let him and s Seimien battle it out.

All I have been reading this past week is how the Broncos can win with just any QB. Welcome to just any QB.