View Poll Results: Who do you THINK will be the Broncos starting QB on opening night?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Sanchez

27 51.92%
  • Trevor Siemian

8 15.38%
  • Colin Kaepernick

7 13.46%
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick

2 3.85%
  • Robert Griffin III

0 0%
  • Another Free Agent (Specify)

1 1.92%
  • 1st Day Rookie (1st round)

2 3.85%
  • 2nd Day Rookie (2nd-3rd round)

2 3.85%
  • 3rd Day Rookie (4th-7th round)

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

3 5.77%
Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    But at what cost? Kaepernick would involve a draft pick (or picks). He's under contract with a $13.9 million salary in 2016, $16.5 million salary in 2017, etc. So, how far would he be willing to restructure that? The 49ers are saying they want him. Bluff or not, Kaepernick has no reason to slash that money at this point. He will be more expensive than Griffin. As we can see, there really is not middle-class contract for QBs. It's either Bradford/Osweiler money or backup money. Kaepernick won't accept restructuring his contract all the way down to backup money. Griffin probably has no choice other than taking backup money on a short deal. If we're gonna take the risk, I'd rather carry a lower financial risk with Griffin.
    All of the compensatory picks in the Draft this year and next gives us some trading power, though picking up an expensive contract isn't worth it for this dubious character.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by osfantaztic View Post
    Jacoby Brissett, NC State
    I know of and have followed (a bit) of this guy. He's great escaping pressure, but it seems like he has a propensity to holding the ball/taking the sack or fumbling when the lights are turned up to brightest setting...

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Wash is a serious dysfunctional franchise. Has been since the current owner has been there.

Not saying RG3 is one thing or another but you never know what a change a location and a few years more mature can do a player.
    Was listening to radio and Jay mor said Orakpo denied what Cooley said . Jay also said he didn't believe cooley. However after the break he said he talked to someone involved with the Redskins and said that many OL didn't like RG3, and that he wasn't a team player. Said that RG3 was unfriendly towards cousins or anyone who felt like cousins could lead the team. He was upset that he was drafted same draft .

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    God no to RGIII and Kaepernick, Fitzpatrick is a far better QB in my opinion...
    A guy who has been to five teams, cant hold a job and NEVER played on a playoff team. Yea, that's who I want as my QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    A guy who has been to five teams, cant hold a job and NEVER played on a playoff team. Yea, that's who I want as my QB.
    But he won't be terrible! He might play bad sometimes but he might play good sometimes!

I don't like any of the (visible) QB choices right now.

But I would love to be a fly on the wall at Broncos HQ to hear Elway and Kubes discuss the options!

Can't wait to see what they come up with and their reasons for doing so!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    But at what cost? Kaepernick would involve a draft pick (or picks). He's under contract with a $13.9 million salary in 2016, $16.5 million salary in 2017, etc. So, how far would he be willing to restructure that? The 49ers are saying they want him. Bluff or not, Kaepernick has no reason to slash that money at this point. He will be more expensive than Griffin. As we can see, there really is not middle-class contract for QBs. It's either Bradford/Osweiler money or backup money. Kaepernick won't accept restructuring his contract all the way down to backup money. Griffin probably has no choice other than taking backup money on a short deal. If we're gonna take the risk, I'd rather carry a lower financial risk with Griffin.
    I totally agree with This

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I don't like any of the (visible) QB choices right now.

But I would love to be a fly on the wall at Broncos HQ to hear Elway and Kubes discuss the options!

Can't wait to see what they come up with and their reasons for doing so!
    And we thought last offseason was a little tumultuous and full of drama. Where's the popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    But he won't be terrible! He might play bad sometimes but he might play good sometimes!
    And we get the "LUXURY" of paying this guy $18 Million a year to perform like that.No thanks.Same deal with Kaep.Give me some RG3.
    Last edited by AussieBronco76; 03-09-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Do you think Griffin wants anything to do with a organization and coaches that have or had a history with Shanahan? I thought they parted on bad terms. Any thoughts?

Who the broncos pick to be qb next season really doesnt matter. They will probably only play one year. And over that time we can build to be a Superbowl contender again. I expect rebooting season. We just won the SuperBowl, and I really don't think Elway going to throw all this money at anyone and risk having more then one down year. This team is a contender, just not this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    Do you think Griffin wants anything to do with a organization and coaches that have or had a history with Shanahan? I thought they parted on bad terms. Any thoughts?
    That is a very interesting point

I know things went sour in Wash but I think there are more causes then just Shanahan as it seemed the drama went on even after Shanahan left.

That is not a good thing either as maybe there is merit to RG3 and his attitude...hard to tell. Maybe it the franchise as even Gibbs could not come back and make it work there....and imo Gibbs is one of the greatest coaches all time.

Maybe a new location and some added maturity will work out for RG3.

Not sure what RG3 options are besides Denver but it seems like having a good shot to be a qb for a team with a real good defense and 2 Super Bowl trips in the last 3 years would be a good thing for any qb.

And the good side to coming to Denver is he is already familiar with the offense.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Wow everybody is acting like the sky is falling. Heres the thing,,,,

1) I dont understand the hate for RG3. He is young, he is cheap, he has has over a year and a half to clear his mind and get healthy. The poster child of 'i need a fresh start.' Do people not remember how good he was his rookie year and fully healthy? He was darn good and anybody would have loved to have him on their team. I think his personality is overblown and he is being used as a scapegoat for the dumpster fire that is the Dan Snyder led unstable Redskins. I think given faith in him, new scenery, a system that fits him (Kubiak), and talent around him on offense (DT, Sanders, CJ), he could be a very good. I love the upside with a clear minded fresh start Robert Griffen.

2) If you think that Osweiler was anything more than average in his 4 years in Denver then I dont know what color glasses you have on. He looked shaky/average every preseason. Sure he made some nice throws here and there to give you hope but he never seemed to take that next step. He has 4 years to basically practice and learning to look like a very good QB when he came in. He did not. His stats through his 7 starts say he was ranked in the mid-20s among starting QBs in the NFL. His accuracy was shaky and exceptionally bad on deep passes. He put up numbers slightly better but not blowing him out of the water as Peyton did during the worst year of his career as he was still prone to turning the ball over too much. He was average and for a guy that sat there and got a free pass for 4 years, I expected better. He has great leadership qualities but outside of that I didnt see anything in the 4 preseason years or 7 started games that showed me he was going to be a top 15 QB in the NFL for his career.

3) Whoever is making fun of Trevor Simeon needs to watch the tape. He looked better in his rookie year in preseason than Brock did after 4. Im not saying he is going to be a great QB, but I feel that he SHOULD be in the mix to compete for the job. He showed accuracy and mobility when he got time to play and now he is a full year older.

The best thing I think we can do is sign RG3. He is young, he is talented, he is healthy now and most importantly he is easy to get and cheap. Then draft Conner Cook at #31 or wait until the 2nd or 3rd for Dak Prescott. See what you have in RG3 for a year while you get to have Cook/Prescott sit on the bench and learn for a year. If RG3 turns out to have a career resurge, than great we have our guy. If he struggles, we can cut bait and we have a 1-2 year marinated Conner Cook/Dak Prescott or Cardale Jones waiting to play. I think that is the best way to compete for the playoffs now with RG3 AND protect the future by drafting one of those young talented guys I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    lets compare what we have with RG3, Kaepernick, and Fitz.

RG3...top draft pick, OROY, questionable team mate, injury history, failed in a similar system, lost his job last season, declined each season

Kaepernick...(my pick for QB the year he was drafted)...Great start to his career, went to a SB, declined the past 2 seasons, got benched last year, has trouble reading a field, is still under contract with a big salary

Fitz...journeyman 7th round draft pick who worked his way up to being a starter, played for many teams, great team mate. experience leading a team, not a great history but improved and had his best season ever last year.

so some you guys are complaining about Fitz moving from team to team and not having a great history and berate him, want QBs with questionable leadership abilities, questionable to read defenses, one with a big contract and may require a trade for, are both on their way to new teams which you criticize Fitz for and both got benched last season over a guy who had his best season last year with more experience than the other 2 put together. I don't understand that reasoning.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-09-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Fitzpatrick would probably play well for us. But I think he would cost more money than Elway wants to spend on a QB.