Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CJ staying in Denver

Per NFL.com broncos matched offer

CJ a Bronco for 4 More Years

Elway has announced that the Broncos matched CJ Anderson offer sheet and he will be a Bronco for 4 more years.

I think this had to be done as it would be a wasted year to have an offense with a new RB and QB, zero continuity. Anderson has also proven he can perform in the most important time in the playoffs and late in the season.

I still wouldn't be surprised if we draft a mid-late round RB to groom and get rid of Hillman. Thoughts? Do you think they should have matched?
    Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

This was actually a brilliant move by Elway. I love how the media "experts" are bashing Elway by saying that we are overpaying CJ cuz we could have just signed him to a higher tender and got him for just over 2 millions this year. While that is true what would happen then after this coming season? CJ would have then been an unrestricted FA and if he has another good season he would cost a lot more to retain following the 2016 season.

Instead Elway let another team basically write his contract for him. 18 million over 4 years with 6 million due in year 1 and the next 3 years are pay as u go with significantly lower cap charges. We have the money this year to pay CJ thanks to Ware restructuring his contract. Basically the 3.5 million less Ware took this year goes to CJ and if Ware collects that money back reaching his sack totals then the money we are saving on CJ next year goes to Ware. To me this was brilliant GM work by Elway and the rest of the front office. WINNING FROM NOW ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a great point! Elway would have likely lost him the following year.

Elway has a strategy behind everything that he does even if the media couldn't see it. I think CJ can handle the workload and wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses 1500 yds and 15TDs.
    Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

Awesome!! Great news and great move by Elway. Kept his word that he wants guys who want to be Broncos!!!!

Glad Elway lived up to his word and kept a guy that wanted to stay in Denver.

GREAT MOVE!!! Glad CJ is still a Bronco!!!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Once the details leak out, it often turns out Elway did the right thing. I think it was up until last year where people were harping that he sucked at the draft, but last year showed he actually does pretty well. Wish I was a Broncos fan back when he was QB. Would've been cool to see him play.

Now that I've actually seen the details of the contract, it does make Elway kinda look like a genius.

Here is a breakdown of the contract:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...c.j.-anderson/

C.J. Anderson signed a 4 year, $18,000,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $7,600,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,500,000. In 2016, Anderson will earn a base salary of $675,000, a signing bonus of $5,225,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000. Anderson has a cap hit of $2,081,250 while his dead money value is $5,900,000.

So, we got him for $2.08 MIL for 2016. Not bad at all.

This article:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBronc...cap_situation/

...discusses what would have happened had we put the 2nd round tender on him. They lump things together and estimated CJ at $2.35 MIL for 2016. I had heard that it was actually going to be $2.4, but I can't find that article now. So, they saved about half a million dollars on the cap and got him inked to a good long term RB contract. The sky is not falling.

I'm sure we'll draft another back as well, congrats CJ.
    [

Awesome news! Now please stay healthy.

Crap. I was going to go taunt Sports Authority saying "Hey, ya still want $100.00 for this Anderson Jersey?" drop it on the floor and walk out.

I was going to buy my wife one after we won the superbowl and was superbowled over by that price.
    I am so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Here is a breakdown of the contract:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...c.j.-anderson/

C.J. Anderson signed a 4 year, $18,000,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $5,000,000 signing bonus, $7,600,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,500,000. In 2016, Anderson will earn a base salary of $675,000, a signing bonus of $5,225,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000. Anderson has a cap hit of $2,081,250 while his dead money value is $5,900,000.

So, we got him for $2.08 MIL for 2016. Not bad at all.
    Hopefully the report is correct. Spotracs breakdown seems wrong considering everywhere has reported the deal is front loaded. That contract doesn't look front loaded to me. The question is whether the $5.25 is prorated over 4 years or a bonus that is due year 1 and not prorated.

Over the cap lists it same way. How dishonest is the media? They can't be this dumb when it relates to contracts. Why lie about $6mil being due year 1 and rip Elway for no 2nd round tender when contract offered only counts $2mil year 1?
    Last edited by vanpelt4prez; 03-15-2016 at 03:27 PM.