Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Almost as bad as the 'trade Miller' posts. If certain fans got to run the team it would be scary
    Wow, that made me shudder...
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    And how often does he make big plays that help our team that no one even sees because he's out there doing his job. I admit the guy's a bonehead, but he's a great corner and having he Harris and Roby out there in blanket coverage is part of the reason we were so freaking successful.

Everyone says "we can replace him with Roby" Great, and who do we replace Roby with?

Why would you want to get rid of a guy that makes a big impact on the defense (more often than not positive than negative) over the possibility that he might potentially get ejected in 1-2 games for playing with two much fire?
    I only said that id be willing to part with him IF there was a good replacement. We have to have a trio of corners not just 2 good ones, i get that.

Suuuure, right after we trade von to the Cowboys right? Lol

No, this was an historic defense. Talib was an integral part. Talk about trading him at this point is crazy talk. Some problems with penalties-- yes. A dominant defender that could play on an island and allow our pass rushers to do what they did best-- yes.

Talib is a top 10 corner and gives our secondary a bit of attitude and toughness. He does play dirty sometimes which we can all do without but trading him makes no sense unless it were an offer we can't refuse.

Only two players would have been ejected last year under this rule change

Orakpo and jahleel addea

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nder-new-rule/

no unless you are getting an already proven up and coming CB and why would a team do that?

hahaha....you almost got me but april fools is still 11 days away

Its a very simple. No Talib, No Ring.

The last 4 SB winners have been top 3 in holding penalties. You guys can go look it up.

So, while during the regular season, PIs and holding calls are more prevalent, once the playoffs happen, they let them play. The grabbing of Gronk by Talib in the end zone on that 4th down unsuccessful play for the Pats in the AFCCG, and several other cases where they let the defenders play vs DT and Sanders etc. are all examples where, once the playoffs get farther, they give more leeway in the conference championship games and SB.

Broncos were at the receiving end in 2013 in the SB vs the Seahawks, they were the recipient of "letting them play" officiating in both the AFCCG and SB this year. You need that press coverage secondary because most teams WILL HAVE 3 good receiving options you have to match up against.

I remember Rex Ryan playing Peyton in the 2009 AFCCG, Revis and Cromartie were doing a great job on their guys, so he went after the 3rd CB, Kyle Wilson. Whoever he was on (Garcon or Collie) benefited greatly in that game and both Garcon and Collie had good games. That is also why Russell Wilson went after Butler, the 3rd CB, because he felt his odds vs Revis and Browner (who got a great jam) on that 2nd and goal final (fatal) play were less for completion. The play call was lousy with no options for RW or not a fade pass play but the worst of all the calls for a slant in the middle of traffic that close to the end zone where zones are squeezed.

Long story short, you need that 3rd CB for press coverage and without Talib, Harris and Roby, you guys do not win the SB because Wade squeezed every bit of advantage he had with those press corners.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Only two players would have been ejected last year under this rule change

Orakpo and jahleel addea

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nder-new-rule/
    Odell Beckham?
    [

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    I actually think Roby is the best DB on the team. Talib is elite, just feel Roby has stronger weaknesses than Talib.
    I have no idea what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Odell Beckham?
    Apparently the infractions they commited, were not the ones that would result in an ejection.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Apparently the infractions they commited, were not the ones that would result in an ejection.
    If that is the case, the rule is useless...
    [

Aqib Talib was suspended one game for having Von Miller's back when an opposing player was attempting to give Von the business. That's exactly the kind of player I WANT on this team.

And why is it that whenever I see these kind of Threads, I never see Derek Wolfe's name mentioned? He was suspended for 4 games, a freakin' quarter of the season, for violating the league's Drug Policy?

Like I have to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Aqib Talib was suspended one game for having Von Miller's back when an opposing player was attempting to give Von the business. That's exactly the kind of player I WANT on this team.

And why is it that whenever I see these kind of Threads, I never see Derek Wolfe's name mentioned? He was suspended for 4 games, a freakin' quarter of the season, for violating the league's Drug Policy?

Like I have to ask.
    Pretty sure Von is a big boy and can handle himself on a football field. What Talib did could have caused some serious damage to that mans carreer, thankfully it didn't but there was absolutly zero excuse for eyepoking just because he was " having his boys back". You can like that all you want, for me, it is inexcusable and has not place not just in this locker rooom but in football all together.