• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rastic
    Modulated
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    If I went to a coffee shop and got that, the tip is going to change dramatically depending on who's standing behind the counter.

Any fellow Peet's, Westrock, or Roaming Goat fans out there?

I read an article the other day about Dunkin making coffee flavored breakfast cereal with caffeine. Starbucks is probably kicking themselves in the ass right now. Not a fan anyway. Get a better Macchiato at Burger King for half as much.
    I've had Peet's, the others I am not familiar with. Most often I drink Trader Joe's medium roast. If I'm getting fancy, my friend roasts me small batches of coffee that he buys. Guatemalan is really good. Ethiopian has a little funk to it and good too, but probably not daily for me.

Comment

• Spice 1
      Football Immortal
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      I've had Peet's, the others I am not familiar with. Most often I drink Trader Joe's medium roast. If I'm getting fancy, my friend roasts me small batches of coffee that he buys. Guatemalan is really good. Ethiopian has a little funk to it and good too, but probably not daily for me.
      Trader Joe's is good. I like darker roasts, so it's Westrock Kivu and Roaming Goat makes a Dark Blend. They're both Arabian. Roaming Goat is an Ohio company, so not a lot of people know about it. Westrock's pretty big, though. If you do like the occasional dark coffee, I highly recommend Westrock. I like Ethiopian coffee, too. Not all the time, but just to change it up.

Comment

• Peerless
        Football Immortal
        • May 2004

Love me coffee. Always have a cup in the AM to get everything rollin' (you know what I mean....)

I also love coffee so much, that I can't really drink it on the job - so I chew/suck on coffee pouches.

Check out Grinds - they've been around for like 10 years. Put a few in the mouth for a kick of caffeine.

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

You dudes are adding good info to this thread! When I read some things posted I realize I am just a coffee lover, not an expert.

OK...here's my description of a great cup: dark roast, full body, rich flavour. But that could probably be the description of thousands of types.

FTR, I used to like Starbucks, but it started tasting "burnt" to me.

Comment

• Rastic
            Modulated
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            You dudes are adding good info to this thread! When I read some things posted I realize I am just a coffee lover, not an expert.

OK...here's my description of a great cup: dark roast, full body, rich flavour. But that could probably be the description of thousands of types.

FTR, I used to like Starbucks, but it started tasting "burnt" to me.
            Yeah, Starbucks isn't what it used to be.... or we've become that snobbish and discerning

Comment

• Rastic
              Modulated
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
              Love me coffee. Always have a cup in the AM to get everything rollin' (you know what I mean....)

I also love coffee so much, that I can't really drink it on the job - so I chew/suck on coffee pouches.

Check out Grinds - they've been around for like 10 years. Put a few in the mouth for a kick of caffeine.
              Haha, that reminds me of an overnight train ride in Europe a long time ago

Comment

• samparnell
                Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                • Nov 2007

Every day the coffee. Buy quality beans at Costco. Recently replaced our old Mr. Coffee with a Cuisinart. Uses #4 cone filters instead of the basket ones. Grind it fine and brew it bold and dark. Drink mine black. Wife likes 1/2 & 1/2 w/sweetener. Never pour coffee down the drain. Save it and drink it cold before making another pot. Simple pleasures.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Do any of you mix blends? I have mixed a stronger blend with an average brew, just to see how it would taste. Not the same brand, so as to go for a different flavour.

I love coffee....but I do not like weak coffee.

Sam...I am still not into black coffee, but I'm down to 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar, and a little bit of milk or cream. Just under dark brown with a wee bit of sweetness.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 07-29-2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• samparnell
                    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                    • Nov 2007

Do any of you mix blends? I have mixed a stronger blend with an average brew, just to see how it would taste. Not the same brand, so as to go for a different flavour.

I love coffee....but I do not like weak coffee.

Sam...I am still not into black coffee, but I'm down to 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar, and a little bit of milk or cream. Just under dark brown with a wee bit of sweetness.
                    To each his own. I like the unaltered taste of the strong coffee just to see what the actual taste is. I may have acquired the habit when I was on duty in the USCG. Seems like they always had the coffee pot going.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Peerless
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2004

I have never bought a 'to go' coffee from Starbucks or similar. Can't believe what some people pay for a cup of joe, or latte, etc. I mean, that's totally up to them - that's fine by me.

I'm very content with the good 'ol coffee maker from home.

Comment

• Peanut
                        ModNut
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        To each his own. I like the unaltered taste of the strong coffee just to see what the actual taste is. I may have acquired the habit when I was on duty in the USCG. Seems like they always had the coffee pot going.
                        Strong black coffee. Must be a military thing (father and hubby). I like strong coffee so that I can add sweetener and mocha creamer.

I stopped buying Starbucks when they started using bug juice (and hiding it) instead of strawberries. Yes, it's "natural", but really.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Strong black coffee. Must be a military thing (father and hubby). I like strong coffee so that I can add sweetener and mocha creamer.

I stopped buying Starbucks when they started using bug juice (and hiding it) instead of strawberries. Yes, it's "natural", but really.
                          Starbucks, in my opinion, is overpriced. There are so many blends that taste better for much less cost. It's cool if folks like the "fancy" concoctions, but not my thing. Like I said, years back I thought it was kind of different, worth a try. I did like it for a while, but then I lost my liking for the taste. Yeah, I'm not that trendy....and I do not like to over pay.

But it is cool if you've ever been to the really busy Starbucks, like in Vancouver, where most people seemed to be lined up for the "concoctions".

Comment

• Spice 1
                            Football Immortal
                            • Sep 2004

Starbucks, in my opinion, is overpriced. There are so many blends that taste better for much less cost. It's cool if folks like the "fancy" concoctions, but not my thing. Like I said, years back I thought it was kind of different, worth a try. I did like it for a while, but then I lost my liking for the taste. Yeah, I'm not that trendy....and I do not like to over pay.

But it is cool if you've ever been to the really busy Starbucks, like in Vancouver, where most people seemed to be lined up for the "concoctions".
                            I used to go there for Frappuccinos, but it's been a while. The Frappes McDonald's has now aren't far off, IMO.

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              I used to go there for Frappuccinos, but it's been a while. The Frappes McDonald's has now aren't far off, IMO.
                              Hey Spice, I think most of us gave one of those fancy drinks a try, and they sure tasted good! But again, out of my budget. And yes, others can replicate with some validity, for much less.

Or maybe it was something else that attracted me to drink one or two of those expensive concoctions???

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

I must go public with this....

I LOVE COFFEE!!!!

And yes......

I AM ADDICTED TO IT!!

Last edited by CanDB; 10-01-2020, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X