Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I love the smell and taste of good coffee but it's too hard on my system. That's forced me to be a black tea connoisseur instead. One of my favorites there is Lapsong Suchong -Chinese smoked tea, kinda tastes like it was made in a campfire.
    I'll pass along to my wife.....she hardly ever drinks coffee anymore, so tea is where it's at for her.

Must have soon after rising in the AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Pffft

I dare anyone to go to the cafe and count how many espressos i ordered...
    Glen Haven Fire

So, did you have a great cup or two of java today? I sure did!

I did not mention but I almost never go wrong in cool coffee shops that promote the free trade type. Between the cool vibe they give off, and the perception I get that they are into quality, I tend to almost always find they serve great coffee....in many of the countries we have travelled to.

Im hit and miss. LOVE coffee... but I have one of those motors that once my eyes open, I'm running and going. Yes, I enjoy the coffe. hen I do, it's usually a few cups of black. I'll splurge and make a poor man mocha by putting a packet of cocoa in it. Rarely do I go to Starbucks unless Im with someone who wants it. But normally? Tea and waters for me. Oh.. and the occasional Rockstar.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Shame on you folks for commenting here......you just made me have another 1/2 cup!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So, did you have a great cup or two of java today? I sure did!

I did not mention but I almost never go wrong in cool coffee shops that promote the free trade type. Between the cool vibe they give off, and the perception I get that they are into quality, I tend to almost always find they serve great coffee....in many of the countries we have travelled to.
    I have not had any coffee yet today ... my power has been out since about 4AM from this "blizzard" we have going ... came on about half hour ago and I was just thinking some sounds good

Shame on you folks for commenting here......you just made me have another 1/2 cup!!!
    Alright, folks; step it up. The goal is to get him to drink TWO cups, not a half-cup. Hustle hustle hustle!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I have not had any coffee yet today ... my power has been out since about 4AM from this "blizzard" we have going ... came on about half hour ago and I was just thinking some sounds good
    Adapt, improvise, overcome. Got a BBQ grill? some charcoal or wood? a 3-qt sauce pan? water? Put the water on to boil, dump the coffee grounds in, pour through regular coffee filters into a suitable container to strain out the grounds .... VOILA!!!!! Coffee!

Last edited by Grandpa; 03-23-2016 at 01:16 PM.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Alright, folks; step it up. The goal is to get him to drink TWO cups, not a half-cup. Hustle hustle hustle!

Adapt, improvise, overcome. Got a BBQ grill? some charcoal or wood? a 3-qt sauce pan? water? Put the water on to boil, dump the coffee grounds in, pour through regular coffee filters into a suitable container to strain out the grounds .... VOILA!!!!! Coffee!

I was considering doing something like that but then I thought it might work out very well and that would probably piss me off. I then thought I should have some instant in the house, so now if I buy some instant for the next time there will never be a next time.
    My gas stove does work without power ... coffee is ready.

Go for it! Glad you are open for business again!

Grandpas know everything!

You know, since I broke my big toe, or as the medical folks call it..."grand" toe, I've been hanging here a little more than usual, and drinking my share of java. Broke it worse than I thought, had some infection, and complicated by all the old injuries I have had with that leg (broken fibula/tibia, knee surgery, arthritic ankle, etc,) it is a slow heal. Dang sports caused most of it! Regardless, once it warms up a little and I keep progressing, I will give you dudes a break....but I will keep downing that wonderful coffee!!!!

Hitting the gym in an hour or so. No walking boot this time, but slowwwwww.

Last edited by CanDB; 03-23-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Grandpa's know everything!

Alternatively, if no BBQ grill available, same process but substitute a small amount of C-4 or C-5 plastic explosive. Light it, put it under the water, and let it boil.

Caution: DO NOT stomp on the burning C-4/C-5 to put the fire out. High heat + pressure = BOOM! When making coffee, BOOM! is not good.

Alternatively, if no BBQ grill available, same process but substitute a small amount of C-4 or C-5 plastic explosive. Light it, put it under the water, and let it boil.

Caution: DO NOT stomp on the burning C-4/C-5 to put the fire out. High heat + pressure = BOOM! When making coffee, BOOM! is not good.
    I think Mythbusters had an episode about using C4 for heating things and it does not work. Been awhile though so I might be remembering it wrong. Of course I have some C4 in my tool box.

I think Mythbusters had an episode about using C4 for heating things and it does not work. Been awhile though so I might be remembering it wrong. Of course I have some C4 in my tool box.
    Pffffft with Mythbusters; I've done it. Three tours in SEA says it DOES work. Not only that, it's smokeless so Charlie couldn't tell we were making coffee until the breeze blew the smell towards his position.

Pffffft with Mythbusters; I've done it. Three tours in SEA says it DOES work. Not only that, it's smokeless so Charlie couldn't tell we were making coffee until the breeze blew the smell towards his position.

I am wrong ... the myth was can C4 explode from lighting it. And they did actually cook with it! They also dropped a big pan of water on it while burning and it did not explode. I think instant coffee will be an easier solution for the next time the power is out, and then I can save my C4.

Making mw want some coffee... tea time!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*