Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    NO

... coffee is not over-rated.

There is a wide range in quality though
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I have never had a sip of coffee in my whole life. The smell turns my stomach so I don't think I could try it.

Not at all over-rated, I can't imagine life without coffee.... Peet's is my favorite or dunkin donuts ...

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I am wrong ... the myth was can C4 explode from lighting it. And they did actually cook with it! They also dropped a big pan of water on it while burning and it did not explode. I think instant coffee will be an easier solution for the next time the power is out, and then I can save my C4.
    Good thinking! Never know when a 1/4-ounce of C4 may come in handy. The better part of my USAF career was in weapons/explosives safety and nuclear surety, to the point of being tapped by other commands for accident investigations, storage and transportation rules, and quantity-distance criteria. I would have been a bit surprised if that Mythbusters comment had been true (that they claimed using C4 that way was a myth). The solid rocket boosters of NASA's shuttle, as well as the fuel for the Minuteman and Peacekeeper series of ICBM's, is a mix of powdered metal (unstable, high explosive, class/division 1.1, mass detonation) and an equally unstable, highly explosive, class/division 1.1, mass detonation, oxidizer. But without putting the mix under pressure, it easily ignites and provides millions of pounds of thrust via controlled release. Were pressure to be applied to the intense heat, it wouldn't burn quite as well, but would detonate spectacularly, as occurred several times with rocket launches from Cape Canaveral AFS.

Quote Originally Posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
    I have never had a sip of coffee in my whole life. The smell turns my stomach so I don't think I could try it.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. There's something wrong with the universe when someone can't partake of one of life's greatest pleasures.
    Last edited by Grandpa; 03-24-2016 at 01:34 AM.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
    I recommend a good nose plug......and a nice donut to accompany it.

My wife was a committed tea drinker when I met her...

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    ..... but now?
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    ..... but now?
    drum solo please

warning: some people are starting to turn purple after holding their breath!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    drum solo please

warning: some people are starting to turn purple after holding their breath!
    She drinks about two cups of coffee a day now. She still drinks tea but mornings are coffee time.

Sorry for making you hold your breath for do long.

I drink coffee whenever I can. If I can drink 4 cups a day, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I drink coffee whenever I can. If I can drink 4 cups a day, I will.
    Hey bud....is that why you are posting so late at night? Are you on a coffee buzz? Ha ha......you and me both!!! I am legendary in my family for my love of coffee.....as in, "Dad, you drink too much!"

True story. The most weird thing that ever happened to me at an airport. On our way back from Italy/Greece, we had a stop at Frankfurt before returning home. I went to the washroom, and when I returned, the door that I was supposed to go through was locked. I had gone thru an exit hallway that was now closed. I was locked out from my family with no passport. Over an hour later I was able to find someone who could connect me with my family. It was a panic for me, and for them. "Where is he????????"

We met up just before the departure time, and my wife was mad because she thought I was getting yet another coffee, and screwed up. It was a long flight home......in more ways than one. Eventually my youngest felt sorry for me, and I was back in the semi good books. Hey, I had to go to the boys room, and I did not know I was in a special zone.

Coffee did me in, even when I was just doing my business!

When i was on the ship, 400 miles from the nearest land, i did 24 shots of espresso in an hour (boredom)....

And fell asleep an hour later
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    When i was on the ship, 400 miles from the nearest land, i did 24 shots of espresso in an hour (boredom)....

And fell asleep an hour later
    You're pretty sure you don't mean, you died an hour later?!

Wow.....you must be one heck of a dude, or you fall asleep pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You're pretty sure you don't mean, you died an hour later?!

Wow.....you must be one heck of a dude, or you fall asleep pretty easy.
    Ive always had add. I was getting a small cup of coffee in grade school. It helps with focus plus the energy is there when i need it. Nothing like waking up wired and ready to go as usually im sluggish to wake up.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Ive always had add. I was getting a small cup of coffee in grade school. It helps with focus plus the energy is there when i need it. Nothing like waking up wired and ready to go as usually im sluggish to wake up.
    Hey bud, thanks for sharing.