Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,289
    Is it almost April 1st?

    I expect some QB news by then....

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,289
    So far I guess this thread could be described as "soft" smack.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    5,528
    Better than a lot of threads to pass the time around here.

    Seems like the bickering between fans has subsided as well and there's some peace between the Broncos/Manning fans again.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Better than a lot of threads to pass the time around here.

    Seems like the bickering between fans has subsided as well and there's some peace between the Broncos/Manning fans again.


    I've noticed that they're still around I guess like baph they got addicted to us. LOL

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Better than a lot of threads to pass the time around here.

    Seems like the bickering between fans has subsided as well and there's some peace between the Broncos/Manning fans again.
    We're all bored with most topics as we've bickered them to death. Wait till the draft happens and then you'll have a million members of the Armchair GM Association of America (AGMAA) saying things like "ARRGGG we could have had this totally unproven player that I wanted instead! John Elway sucks at drafting!"


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I've noticed that they're still around I guess like baph they got addicted to us. LOL
    Yea. they're still here. I'm a bit surprised too. It's much nicer when we're not all arguing with each other and just talk football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We're all bored with most topics as we've bickered them to death. Wait till the draft happens and then you'll have a million members of the Armchair GM Association of America (AGMAA) saying things like "ARRGGG we could have had this totally unproven player that I wanted instead! John Elway sucks at drafting!"
    Yea, we're in a nice, rare quiet phase. We've done enough in FA I guess to keep the naysayers happy. It's going to be nuts around draft time.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,369
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So far I guess this thread could be described as "soft" smack.
    Yeah it's like light R&B, you know the music in elevators.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,289
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Yeah it's like light R&B, you know the music in elevators.
    I've gone full circle. I hardly visited for years, but eventually some of our Pats fans got me active here. Then it got quieter (since our SB win), which is cool, so I backed off. But with nothing to talk about, I then see a Patsy initiating a smack thread that is meant to get us disagreeing with one another. That's weird. Close that door quick! So I return primarily to confront any Patsy who wants nothing more than to instigate an internal debate. Gang, we got to stick together! The enemy eats chowder!

    (hmmmm....I kinda like chowder too....bad choice on my part!!)

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,369
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I've gone full circle. I hardly visited for years, but eventually some of our Pats fans got me active here. Then it got quieter (since our SB win), which is cool, so I backed off. But with nothing to talk about, I then see a Patsy initiating a smack thread that is meant to get us disagreeing with one another. That's weird. Close that door quick! So I return primarily to confront any Patsy who wants nothing more than to instigate an internal debate. Gang, we got to stick together! The enemy eats chowder!

    (hmmmm....I kinda like chowder too....bad choice on my part!!)
    Smack section is really the only forum I should share my opinion in.
    Everyday at work, on my softball team, and in my fantasy league I am arguing with Raider and 49er fans face to face so I never let my guard down, i have a chip on my shoulder. The smack section is where i feel at home. The regular boards fellow fans want to vent their frustrations and don't want to be cheered up or given a positive point of view, I've learned they value their criticism and opinions and take it very serious! Smack section is where I should stay. It's hard though alot of fans say the same thing our rivals say but it's kinda like family I can call my brother an idiot but if someone else does their gonna get it!!! I'll just take a break and comeback when our rivals get luppy again. The Raider fans I'm work with are acting like the AFC West is theirs to lose, I ask them " who did you guys add that is going to help you average more than 12.5 pts a game vs us? Then they bring up us losing Brock and Peyton and I'm like Brock lost and could only put up 12 pts Peyton even did worse and only put up 9pts. I love confident Raider fan!
    Niner fans have disappeared.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,342
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Smack section is really the only forum I should share my opinion in.
    Everyday at work, on my softball team, and in my fantasy league I am arguing with Raider and 49er fans face to face so I never let my guard down, i have a chip on my shoulder. The smack section is where i feel at home. The regular boards fellow fans want to vent their frustrations and don't want to be cheered up or given a positive point of view, I've learned they value their criticism and opinions and take it very serious! Smack section is where I should stay. It's hard though alot of fans say the same thing our rivals say but it's kinda like family I can call my brother an idiot but if someone else does their gonna get it!!! I'll just take a break and comeback when our rivals get luppy again. The Raider fans I'm work with are acting like the AFC West is theirs to lose, I ask them " who did you guys add that is going to help you average more than 12.5 pts a game vs us? Then they bring up us losing Brock and Peyton and I'm like Brock lost and could only put up 12 pts Peyton even did worse and only put up 9pts. I love confident Raider fan!
    Niner fans have disappeared.
    I joined back when we finally ousted Cutler. I was living in SD at the time, so I kinda know where you're coming from. There was a lot to defend our team against at the time You get used to running neck with your buddies that are fans of other teams or just random people around town. Ever since I moved back to Colorado it's been weird. Nobody to spar with about my Broncos. And now that we've won another Super Bowl, it's done a good job of shutting everybody up.

    General Discussion and a lot of the other sections of the boards are lame. No sense of humor and too touchy boo boo. I think that's why I haven't been around as much. Broncos shut everybody up for me already, so I don't have to

    Talking smack or getting into it in P&R is like a wet stone for your brain. Keeps it sharp and on point.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,289
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    I joined back when we finally ousted Cutler. I was living in SD at the time, so I kinda know where you're coming from. There was a lot to defend our team against at the time You get used to running neck with your buddies that are fans of other teams or just random people around town. Ever since I moved back to Colorado it's been weird. Nobody to spar with about my Broncos. And now that we've won another Super Bowl, it's done a good job of shutting everybody up.

    General Discussion and a lot of the other sections of the boards are lame. No sense of humor and too touchy boo boo. I think that's why I haven't been around as much. Broncos shut everybody up for me already, so I don't have to

    Talking smack or getting into it in P&R is like a wet stone for your brain. Keeps it sharp and on point.
    Good having you here kish! Never one to sidestep a good rumble!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,369
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    I joined back when we finally ousted Cutler. I was living in SD at the time, so I kinda know where you're coming from. There was a lot to defend our team against at the time You get used to running neck with your buddies that are fans of other teams or just random people around town. Ever since I moved back to Colorado it's been weird. Nobody to spar with about my Broncos. And now that we've won another Super Bowl, it's done a good job of shutting everybody up.

    General Discussion and a lot of the other sections of the boards are lame. No sense of humor and too touchy boo boo. I think that's why I haven't been around as much. Broncos shut everybody up for me already, so I don't have to

    Talking smack or getting into it in P&R is like a wet stone for your brain. Keeps it sharp and on point.
    Bro those Charger fans were your basic bandwagoners from 06-09, me and my wife would go down there every year and we got blown out 3 years in a row (I'd didn't go in 09 and of hours we won: ( ),
    I use to get into some good sparring matches in the hotel bars the night before, now it's a Denver home game and not really fun to jab the charger fans that actually show up, same thing when I go out to Denver, last time I went out their was the niner denver game in 2014 when Manning broke the td record, I stayed with buddies I grew up with who were niner fans we went to a bar the night before and had a good sparring match I saw all them the next day after the 42-17 beatdown in the parking lot.
    I just smiled, these dudes had reminded me of 55-10 Superbowl for 20 years, that was a good moment!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,369
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Good having you here kish! Never one to sidestep a good rumble!
    Kish is one of my favorite posters in smack he doesnt hold back, he comes out throwing haymakers!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,289
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Kish is one of my favorite posters in smack he doesnt hold back, he comes out throwing haymakers!
    Yah...he's not afraid to "kish" it out!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,537
    pats fans have been laughing at elway signing mike sanchez. that's where we've been at.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 03-24-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •