Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I was there opening day in 1993. Don't talk to me about 23 year history like you know something I don't.

I'm tired of yours and others pessimism with this team. I get it if we were 15 games below .500 like usual. But when the team is one game below and making a huge charge the cynisism is obnoxious.
    Huge change? Wow. The team is one game under .500 and that is something you're excited about? That goes to show how bad they have been. Sorry you feel it's obnoxious to not be duped by being under .500 at the end of July. But here is a bit of optimism for you. I don't think they'll move either Blackmon or Cargo. I am hoping deep down that Bridich wants this team to feel it can play meaningful games after July. But with Weiss as a manager...it's all on the players to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Huge change? Wow. The team is one game under .500 and that is something you're excited about? That goes to show how bad they have been. Sorry you feel it's obnoxious to not be duped by being under .500 at the end of July. But here is a bit of optimism for you. I don't think they'll move either Blackmon or Cargo. I am hoping deep down that Bridich wants this team to feel it can play meaningful games after July. But with Weiss as a manager...it's all on the players to achieve that.
    Toronto was at this same exact record a year ago today when we traded Tulo to them. They went on a huge run and ended up in the ALCS.

This team may be sub .500 but they are only 5 games out of the wild card. That's far from out of anything.

Stop being such a negative nancy

If the Rockies do decide to be buyers, I hope it is for either some bullpen arms or maybe a catcher like Lucroy.

Hundley is ok but really nothing too special this year. He calls a good game but his bat is average and he is one of the worst framing catchers in the league. Compare that to Lucroy or Wolters who are both in the top 10. Lucroy would also add more power than all of our catchers.

Best thing too, he is only getting about 4 mil this year and has a similar amount for next year as a team option. He can block a trade to 8 teams but the Rockies is not one of them. Give them some guys like Butler and Castro with big ceilings and see if they bite.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    If the Rockies do decide to be buyers, I hope it is for either some bullpen arms or maybe a catcher like Lucroy.

Hundley is ok but really nothing too special this year. He calls a good game but his bat is average and he is one of the worst framing catchers in the league. Compare that to Lucroy or Wolters who are both in the top 10. Lucroy would also add more power than all of our catchers.

Best thing too, he is only getting about 4 mil this year and has a similar amount for next year as a team option. He can block a trade to 8 teams but the Rockies is not one of them. Give them some guys like Butler and Castro with big ceilings and see if they bite.
    If they could move Hundley, that would be great. I don't think they can pick up enough arms without giving up much of what would make them good in the future. They are in a weird position. Move Cargo or Blackmon and the offense goes kaput. Keep JDLR and Bettis as starters, and you have no shot in a 5 game series. Maybe someone will want McGee as a closer.

I've been very pessimistic about the Rockies this year but I have been pleasantly surprised by their play of late. I am happy that I can watch their game today - and hopefully for most of the summer, at least - and have it actually mean something. Right now Nolan's bat is terrible but they are still winning, when he gets out of this slump ...

I am not a huge baseball/Rockies fan, I do follow the Rockies until they're irrelevant but it seems their biggest weakness is their bullpen right now and typically the pitching is every year. The starting pitching is doing a "decent" job this year but the bullpen is frightening most of the time. They need to get rid of McGee... what happened to Castro? It looked like Castro has a future.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I've been very pessimistic about the Rockies this year but I have been pleasantly surprised by their play of late. I am happy that I can watch their game today - and hopefully for most of the summer, at least - and have it actually mean something. Right now Nolan's bat is terrible but they are still winning, when he gets out of this slump ...

I am not a huge baseball/Rockies fan, I do follow the Rockies until they're irrelevant but it seems their biggest weakness is their bullpen right now and typically the pitching is every year. The starting pitching is doing a "decent" job this year but the bullpen is frightening most of the time. They need to get rid of McGee... what happened to Castro? It looked like Castro has a future.
    Boone Logan has a .86 era in the pen. So it isn't all bad. But I'm not pretending the rest of them aren't

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

Castro was dealing until he got a shoulder injury. Since then he had trouble locating his pitches. He is doing better lately in AAA, so hopefully he can come back.

The biggest surprise for me is Tyler Anderson. he's been huge for us. Too bad Eddie Butler cant live up to the hype. We need to keep this team together. With Dahl and Story to go along with Blackman, Arenado, Cargo and DJ. That's a potent Line up and all still very young. Our pitching is also very young with Gray looking more and more like a ace. The only negative thing I have is De La Rosa. He needs to go. Hopefully Jeff Hoffman takes his spot soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Boone Logan has a .86 era in the pen. So it isn't all bad. But I'm not pretending the rest of them aren't
    Yes, Logan has done well this year. I'm a little surprised, last year not so much. Estevez has done OK most of the time (he seems to have a good future) and Ottovino has looked decent but he has only been around a few weeks being back from injury. Hopefully the starters can get past the 7th inning more so they don't have to rely on the bullpen too much.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    Castro was dealing until he got a shoulder injury. Since then he had trouble locating his pitches. He is doing better lately in AAA, so hopefully he can come back.
    Thanks for the info on Castro. Yes, they get him back that could give them 4 decent pitchers in the bullpen ... maybe. I'm not holding my breath that the Rockies keep up the winning but as long as they are I'm happy to watch.

Why the hell is JDR pitching again???

Back to .500 again!!!

Keep it up Rox

9 wins in 10 games!
    They have the best record in MLB since the All-Star break - I think -. Decent pitching and the bats were getting it done tonight. Winning record for the month of July ... 500 record now!

The fan that interfered was a total head to put it politely ... I'm glad it came back on him.
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 07-30-2016 at 08:03 PM.

This run happened at the most awkward time with the trade deadline tomorrow. What do we do? Buy? Sell? Stand pat?

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    This run happened at the most awkward time with the trade deadline tomorrow. What do we do? Buy? Sell? Stand pat?
    Either buy or stand pat. Absolutely do not sell at this point like the Pirates did. Although supposedly the Pirates closer was on his final year so they may have felt he was gone anyway and got what they could.

I say we absolutely keep all key pieces that aren't FA at the end of this year.

And I'd really love to see them pull a deal for Chris Sale to sure up the pitching and move JDR to relief duty.