Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Either buy or stand pat. Absolutely do not sell at this point like the Pirates did. Although supposedly the Pirates closer was on his final year so they may have felt he was gone anyway and got what they could.

I say we absolutely keep all key pieces that aren't FA at the end of this year.

And I'd really love to see them pull a deal for Chris Sale to sure up the pitching and move JDR to relief duty.
    But what if Sale doesn't like the black vest uniforms?

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    But what if Sale doesn't like the black vest uniforms?
    I would let Sale wear whatever uniform he wants if he pitched us to the post season.

Either buy or stand pat. Absolutely do not sell at this point like the Pirates did. Although supposedly the Pirates closer was on his final year so they may have felt he was gone anyway and got what they could.

And I'd really love to see them pull a deal for Chris Sale to sure up the pitching and move JDR to relief duty.
    Question is what do you give up for Sale? It will take 3 top prospects at least. Freeland, Hoffman, and Tapia plus fillers? It may take the addition of Brendan Rodgers too.

I would be ok with a move for sale because he is under control for another 3 years after this season.

This team is allergic to being above .500 this year. And Boone Logan blew it

They got Weissed this afternoon.

I didn't expect the Rockies to go 5-2 on this road trip against the Orioles and Mets, this was a successful road trip. Hopefully they can continue to win their series and get above .500 for good.
    Boone has been doing well this season, too bad Weis' crystal ball wasn't working yesterday.

I'm all for this so long as they don't have to give up too much to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    I'm all for this so long as they don't have to give up too much to get him.
    I mean I don't really get what would be considered giving up too much though.

He would clearly be our top pitcher immediately barring him not collapsing in Coors.

And are we really worried about giving up a farm bat or two with maybe a big leaguer? I mean I don't want to give up Arenado or Cargo as that would be counter productive. But do we really care about Dahl? He just got called up and is doing fine but our offense was fine without him.

And I bet people thought Tulo was a big loss. But does anyone miss his bat compared to what Story is giving up this year?

So I think it would take like 4-5 bats including like 2 major leaguers currently for me to not automatically jump at possibly the best pitcher in Rockies history.

Well all that talk was for nothing. We did nothing.

Which is at least better than being sellers for once.

Yea, could have been worse! We could have traded for our old tried and true: cash considerations

Story out now! Sucks! The way the local stations are reporting this is as if the season is lost now ... well this doesn't help, but I don't think they are relying just on Story to win games. We'll see I guess.

Hopefully Dahl can keep up the numbers Story has put up. With Arenado struggling, he needs protection in the lineup to break out of it or they will just pitch around him. Man, what is it with the Rockies and injured SS phenoms?

3.5 games out of the wild card. Got some free tickets to the game tonight, sucks Story is hurt.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

I'm secretly hoping Ichiro doesn't get to 3000 until he comes here. I want to see it in person so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    3.5 games out of the wild card. Got some free tickets to the game tonight, sucks Story is hurt.
    I'm a bit concerned about Story because my brother said NBCsports reported they are calling his thumb surgery season ending. Though he said it's possible they reported wrong. Let's hope. I know vic Lombardi said it sounded minimum a month to him though even though we only did 15 day DL.