Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's most likely setup in such a way that he makes next to nothing this year and it's rear loaded so that the money all comes next season.

Either that or it's

Darn: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Freyaka again.

It's most likely setup in such a way that he makes next to nothing this year and it's rear loaded so that the money all comes next season.

Either that or it's

Thats what i was thinking too, we gotta be close to 0 cap space now, Wonder if we will see things speed up with Clady.

Also great gif, totally using that!!

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Coming out of college he looked really promising. I'm inclined to believe that he just wasn't in a system that fit him. I think he'll have a career year with us if he makes it out of camp.

As for the 5.5 sacks. He was only starting for 2 years, that's not awful for a DE considering he's not the primary pass rusher, Watt makes all the noise on that front 7.
    Good good, glad to hear this.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Exactly right.

Derek Wolfe is also not a primary pass rusher, and with injuries and Drug Suspension, he has averaged about 4 Sacks per season. If Crick takes Malik's spot, and considering the talent he will be playing with, I wouldn't be surprised to see Crick turn into a better pass-rusher than Wolfe.

Nice pick-up.
    Wolfe was our best defensive lineman in every category this last season. Crick is a good edition that should blossom with all the talent around him and the coaches who know how to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    I like it, others have stated that working the free agents before the Draft opens it up as the Team is more flexible now.

I see Denver moving up in the First round. Franchise type player in top 20 ?
    Why would we move up? Elway has moved up in the 1st round 1 time in 5 drafts. Draft picks are a teams most valuable resource and the more picks you have, the more shots at landing good players you have. This is a perfect draft to trade back for more picks.

Heard his interview on The Fan earlier today and Crick said he wanted to be a Bronco, grew up a fan of the team in west Nebraska and like the defensive coaching staff so he took a team friendly deal. Sounds like the Texans wanted to keep him so that brings a smile to my face:

The Houston Chronicle reports the Texans want to retain impending free agent RE Jared Crick.
    An unsung hero on the defensive line, Crick has been a solid run defender opposite J.J. Watt the last two seasons. "Jared Crick, tough guy, tough football player," coach Bill O'Brien said. "He plays through injuries, has been a good guy for us the last two years." With a ton of defensive line talent in the free agent and draft pools, Crick could come at a discount. He will turn 27 in August.

Good signing, was starting to hate the idea of drafting a 5 tech at 31. Hopefully Darron Lee or Jason Spriggs falls to us

Would have rather paid the extra million for Fairley....but solid signing.

Jared Crick signs two year deal with Broncos

Surprised no one else has posted this.

The Denver Broncos beefed up their defensive line by swiping a former Houston Texans starter.

The team announced Wednesday it agreed to terms on a two-year deal with Jared Crick. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports the deal is for $4 million.

The 26-year-old defensive lineman started 31 games over the past two seasons for Houston as a bookend to J.J. Watt. Crick spent his first two seasons in Houston under current Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and defensive line coach Bill Kollar, giving Denver an experienced replacement in the system after losing Malik Jackson in free agency.

Crick complied 81 tackles and 5.5 sacks in four seasons in Houston. He earned 27 quarterback hurries and 14 QB hits the past two seasons as a starter, per Pro Football Focus.

Adding Crick gives the Broncos a capable -- if not flashy -- starter opposite Derek Wolfe as Denver once again grooms its defensive line depth. Expect John Elway to snag another lineman later this month in a draft deep in talent along the defensive line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-2year-4m-deal
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

To me it seems Clady is out and the Kap trade is on life support. Could also affect Hillman returning. Persoanlly, I like the signing and he could be the next Wolfe given the attention that will be given to Wolfe, Miller and Ware.

Very astute pick up IMO.
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Heard his interview on The Fan earlier today and Crick said he wanted to be a Bronco, grew up a fan of the team in west Nebraska and like the defensive coaching staff so he took a team friendly deal. Sounds like the Texans wanted to keep him so that brings a smile to my face:

The Houston Chronicle reports the Texans want to retain impending free agent RE Jared Crick.
    An unsung hero on the defensive line, Crick has been a solid run defender opposite J.J. Watt the last two seasons. "Jared Crick, tough guy, tough football player," coach Bill O'Brien said. "He plays through injuries, has been a good guy for us the last two years." With a ton of defensive line talent in the free agent and draft pools, Crick could come at a discount. He will turn 27 in August.
    Love players who want to be Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by legend View Post
    To me it seems Clady is out and the Kap trade is on life support. Could also affect Hillman returning. Persoanlly, I like the signing and he could be the next Wolfe given the attention that will be given to Wolfe, Miller and Ware.

Very astute pick up IMO.
    Kap trade is fine, it's all on the niners! Either they pay 11.9 to Kap or 4.9 for a pick and get rid of him before the draft

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post

I heard this interview as well he also went on to say that he spent a lot of his time covering JJ Watt. For example if JJ went to the left he went to the right if jj went to the right he went to the left.

He basically said his role was to cover jj watt no matter what.

in Denver he won't be asked to do that he would just be told to go get the quarterback.

Free agent signed - Texas DE

I worked long hours today...
    was stoked to hear we got this guy..
    can't even remember his name...
    was a starter for Houston the last 2 years...
    interior Defensive lineman?
    -
    2 year deal.. 2 million per year. Great value.

No one is talking about this signing today, Wednesday?
    -
    Help a brother out.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    I worked long hours today...
    was stoked to hear we got this guy..
    can't even remember his name...
    was a starter for Houston the last 2 years...
    interior Defensive lineman?
    -
    2 year deal.. 2 million per year. Great value.

No one is talking about this signing today, Wednesday?
    -
    Help a brother out.
    Jared Crick