Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Mike Klis was interviewed..
    said that this signing will make our draft better.
    Said Elway will not feel pressured to take a D -Lineman in the first round now..
    to replace Malik...
    said this signing will allow Elway to draft BPA in the 1st round...
    -
    Said once this guy gets the same coaching that
    Wolfe and Malik got....
    that he could develop into an even better player...
    had high expectations for the guy.
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 04-06-2016 at 10:17 PM.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

I'm hearing Sean Connery saying: "they take one of ours, we take one of theirs!"

Good signing... Like Smith and Walker... Adding depth and insurance just in case Kilgo and/or our upcoming DL selection need more seasoning.

Malik who?

KAP will come and Clady will be dealt and we'll draft some guys and then we prepare for the repeat!

OK. I see it was here in this section..
    sorry for the repeat...
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 04-06-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

OK so We sign this guy- great but SMith & Walker were rotational guys in our D. Are we proposing that one of the remaining would be rotational DE's on the roster will fill in and take over for all of Malik's production? I don't see that as being possible. I think we will see a decrease in production in Malik's old spot on the roster. Not a cliff-like decrease as some have projected but a decrease none-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    OK so We sign this guy- great but SMith & Walker were rotational guys in our D. Are we proposing that one of the remaining would be rotational DE's on the roster will fill in and take over for all of Malik's production? I don't see that as being possible. I think we will see a decrease in production in Malik's old spot on the roster. Not a cliff-like decrease as some have projected but a decrease none-the-less.
    It's a good thing Malik was only the 4th best player on our front 5 than. We will be better against the run with Crick and will be able to duplicate his pass rush with a rookie, Aninuke and a better use of all our OLB's.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    It's a good thing Malik was only the 4th best player on our front 5 than. We will be better against the run with Crick and will be able to duplicate his pass rush with a rookie, Aninuke and a better use of all our OLB's.
    I'm still saying it...look out for Kilgo this season.
    New England Patriots GM

Crick will take over for Smith as the 4th guy, but with two years we will not need to worry about Walker leaving next year. I would say Crick is between Walker and Smith as far as talent goes, but should not be considered a replacement for MJ. Good signing.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post

Bear in mind that Malik was in a contract year playing for money. If we had paid him we would have likely seen the same decrease in production.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Crick will take over for Smith as the 4th guy, but with two years we will not need to worry about Walker leaving next year. I would say Crick is between Walker and Smith as far as talent goes, but should not be considered a replacement for MJ. Good signing.
    I will reserve judgement on the "talent" level of Jared Crick until he comes into our system where I think he will flourish.Quite frankly a year from now I think there is a VERY good chance he does every bit as good as MJ.

Jared Crick two year $4M Broncos deal: $1M signing bonus, salaries $1M, $1.5M; $250K workout bonus annual ---- Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL)
    https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/...73689331662848
    2016 San Diego Chargers GM & New York Giants GM - see bio for trade block/needs

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    I like it, others have stated that working the free agents before the Draft opens it up as the Team is more flexible now.

I see Denver moving up in the First round. Franchise type player in top 20 ?
    Still making moves to improve the team, Kudo's to Elway and the front office.

Heard Crick Described thusly:
    -
    He does not have a ton of sacks... ( 3.5)
    because he was never asked to be an aggressive pass rusher
    he was asked to be a run stopper.

He sets the edge... holds the line well...
    flows to the play... and doesn't make a ton of mistakes...
    and STOPS the run. It is what his job was.

Playing opposite Watt.. he complimented the way defenses double teamed JJ...
    so he will be ready to assist Von.. has the experience to assist Von...
    and we can expect Crick to start...
    and improve in this talent rich defense.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Another FA STEAL by Elway! If only he drafted as well as he got FAs
    The 2012 draft might be one of the best in franchise history. When 6 of 7 picks stay on the team for 4 years after the draft, and all of them played big roles on the team during that time, and 5 of them played very big roles in Denver being able to win the Super Bowl last year, that's an incredible draft.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Another FA STEAL by Elway! If only he drafted as well as he got FAs
    His 2011 and 2012 draft picks are getting paid quitea bit of money so he must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Bear in mind that Malik was in a contract year playing for money. If we had paid him we would have likely seen the same decrease in production.
    ... Malik has been balling every sense he was drafted. I think it was Wolfe you mean to be talking about, sense it was him that has only really came on recently (at least when he was not being suspended or hurt).

Malik should have started his Rookie year but was held back by Fox, sorta like C.Harris was held back his rookie year when he should have been starting...