Who are we not wanting the Chargers to Draft @ 3?

After the Titans trade with LA that certainly means the Rams WANT or feel the NEED to draft a QB. That could mean that 1 & 2 are now both Qb's. If that happens who do you think the Chargers will draft @ 3?

Most Mocks have Ramsey going to the Chargers but if Tunsil is there it would be foolish for them to not protect their QB...

Thoughts?

Tunsil would hurt. Rivers has a quick release as it is, and actually give him protection, and that hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Tunsil would hurt. Rivers has a quick release as it is, and actually give him protection, and that hurts.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I think we can overcome a good to great corner with match-ups and routes but if the LT is good enough to win against our rush it could get dangerous.

I would rather not see Ramsey or Jaylon Smith in the division. SD is sitting in a great position to draft Smith in rd2 or rd3 if he slides. It's a big "if" with Smith, but barring health/return I think both guys could be perennial all pros.

i don't like tunsil at 3 for the chargers for a few reasons.

1. the chargers already have money wrapped into both their tackle positions and also have depth signed there as well.

2. considering #1 the chargers last needed position along the OL is tackle, not necessarily a reason to bypass tunsil but they have other needs like safety and DE

3. i don't like the off field character concerns with tunsil and i have heard some people question his mental toughness and "taking plays off".

4. i would take both buckner and ramsey over tunsil because they are more needed positions, are blue chip talents, and do not have those same character and work ethic concerns.

the chargers need a center far more than they need a tackle unless they lose their LOT to another concussion like so many fans claim will happen.

if the chargers question his durability going forward i suspect they will take tunsil or somehow get stanley or conklin. but i have a feeling they draft buckner or ramsey, buckner is my guy.

with buckner your DL is fully upgraded with the addition of mebane and liuget on the other side, who is the only good DL'man we have had the past few years.

that will open up all sorts of problems for offenses and allow our LB'ers to fly around more and most importantly help shore up the run defense which was putrid last year.

i would be okay if they draft tunsil but i would prefer buckner or ramsey and it better be one of those three guys unless they trade down, which is my preferred move they make as long as they get a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    if king dunlap is healthy he can do just fine, especially with rivers' quick release. the thing people don't think about is the return of OC ken whisenhunt who had that offense running very efficiently the last time he was calling plays.

back then the chargers were best in the leauge (or near it) in 3rd down efficiency because they had very little 3rd and longs to deal with. that is what they need to get back to in order to nullify opposing speed rushers off the edge.

it's hard to get rid of the ball quickly when you are in 3rd and 10, if you want to convert the first down that is.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    if king dunlap is healthy he can do just fine, especially with rivers' quick release. the thing people don't think about is the return of OC ken whisenhunt who had that offense running very efficiently the last time he was calling plays.

back then the chargers were best in the leauge (or near it) in 3rd down efficiency because they had very little 3rd and longs to deal with. that is what they need to get back to in order to nullify opposing speed rushers off the edge.

it's hard to get rid of the ball quickly when you are in 3rd and 10, if you want to convert the first down that is.
    Unfortunately, I think Ken was a great hire for you all. Not enough to handle us but a very good hire for you
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Bosa lol....We'll see how that one pans out.