Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,133
    The Jets need a QB as well as a personal protector on punt, perhaps these "fans" can start a petition for the Jets to sign him.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Falcon, CO
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post

    ". . . We dont (sic) need a subpar throwaway from some other team,"

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,097
    Tebow would be a hall of famer in the AFL.

    I'd actually start watching the AFL if he'd join.

    Why no AFL Tebow? Why no AFL?????

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    11,835
    This is absolutely sickening

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,406
    Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    Tebow would be a hall of famer in the AFL.

    I'd actually start watching the AFL if he'd join.

    Why no AFL Tebow? Why no AFL?????
    Never understood why someone like him or jamarcus Russell wont go the AFL just to show teams what they got.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    9,526
    I don't think "Bronco's fans" are petitioning for anything. I think Tebow fans are petitioning to get Tebow off the unemployment line.

    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I don't think "Bronco's fans" are petitioning for anything. I think Tebow fans are petitioning to get Tebow off the unemployment line.
    I would prefer they petition from with a Jets logo attached. Is that too much to ask.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I think we need to have a "Bronco Inquisition" and root out all the Tebownites posing as Bronco fans, torture them as the witches they are and then ban them. Naturally, first course of action is to declare anyone a witch that has Tebow in their user name. Next, if they are still lingering around these boards declaring we should give Tebow another shot....obviously a witch and not a Bronco fan. And of course, finally, find a lake, throw them in it, if they float than they are made of wood, so they are a witch and we should burn them.

    Seems only logical to me.


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Never understood why someone like him or jamarcus Russell wont go the AFL just to show teams what they got.
    I mean it's a freaking paycheck, why not?


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,491
    Tebow has proven he is not the sharpest tool in the shed (which probably is a major reason why he can't play QB in the league) and his followers clearly suffer from the same disadvantage.

    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Never understood why someone like him or jamarcus Russell wont go the AFL just to show teams what they got.
    Why? Because they don't care that much about playing QB. Tebow only wants a platform. Russell does not want to put in the work.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Falcon, CO
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I think we need to have a "Bronco Inquisition" and root out all the Tebownites posing as Bronco fans, torture them as the witches they are and then ban them. Naturally, first course of action is to declare anyone a witch that has Tebow in their user name. Next, if they are still lingering around these boards declaring we should give Tebow another shot....obviously a witch and not a Bronco fan. And of course, finally, find a lake, throw them in it, if they float than they are made of wood, so they are a witch and we should burn them.

    Seems only logical to me.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,737
    If we had drafted a different Qb other than Lynch I might say why not try him out again in camp. Since we have now drafted Lynch in the 1st no less then I would simply say no to Tebow returning to us.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    549
    The AFL may be a lower level of play, but it doesn't mean that Tebow or Russell would be any more successful there than they were in the NFL due to the types of players that they are.

    In the AFL, Tebow's mobility wouldn't help him much. There isn't much room to run due to the size of the field, and there is always a jack linebacker in the box so in effect there is a permanent spy against the run game. Quincey Carter is a prominent example of a guy who was a better NFL quarterback than AFL quarterback.

    Russell's gift is his monster arm, but again, the size of the field greatly reduces the need for arm strength.

    In the AFL, a quarterback needs a few things:
    1. the ability to fit the ball into very tight windows
    2. the ability to get rid if the ball even faster than you have to in the NFL
    3. the ability to make quick reads

    Both Russell and Tebow struggle mightily in those areas. An AFL team would probably sign them just for the publicity, but in all likelihood they'd struggle to even win a starting job.

    The CFL would be a much better option for either.

    The CFL only has three downs, and many teams have a special quarterback to run a third and short package. Tebow would be absolutely perfect in that role as it is more often than not QB runs up the middle with occasional throws over the top.

    And Russell's arm would be a great asset in the CFL. The field there is only longer but also wider, so throws to the sideline from the opposite hash are very often under thrown and intercepted. And since they use 12 players, it's easier to keep a safety valve back to take a short pass when nothing else is open.
    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,737
    Quote Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
    The AFL may be a lower level of play, but it doesn't mean that Tebow or Russell would be any more successful there than they were in the NFL due to the types of players that they are.

    In the AFL, Tebow's mobility wouldn't help him much. There isn't much room to run due to the size of the field, and there is always a jack linebacker in the box so in effect there is a permanent spy against the run game. Quincey Carter is a prominent example of a guy who was a better NFL quarterback than AFL quarterback.

    Russell's gift is his monster arm, but again, the size of the field greatly reduces the need for arm strength.

    In the AFL, a quarterback needs a few things:
    1. the ability to fit the ball into very tight windows
    2. the ability to get rid if the ball even faster than you have to in the NFL
    3. the ability to make quick reads

    Both Russell and Tebow struggle mightily in those areas. An AFL team would probably sign them just for the publicity, but in all likelihood they'd struggle to even win a starting job.

    The CFL would be a much better option for either.

    The CFL only has three downs, and many teams have a special quarterback to run a third and short package. Tebow would be absolutely perfect in that role as it is more often than not QB runs up the middle with occasional throws over the top.

    And Russell's arm would be a great asset in the CFL. The field there is only longer but also wider, so throws to the sideline from the opposite hash are very often under thrown and intercepted. And since they use 12 players, it's easier to keep a safety valve back to take a short pass when nothing else is open.
    Actually Tebow would likely be a three down Qb in the CFL.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Actually Tebow would likely be a three down Qb in the CFL.
    Don't they just have three downs?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •