Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The Jets need a QB as well as a personal protector on punt, perhaps these "fans" can start a petition for the Jets to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post

". . . We dont (sic) need a subpar throwaway from some other team,"

Tebow would be a hall of famer in the AFL.

I'd actually start watching the AFL if he'd join.

Why no AFL Tebow? Why no AFL?????

This is absolutely sickening

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    Tebow would be a hall of famer in the AFL.

I'd actually start watching the AFL if he'd join.

Why no AFL Tebow? Why no AFL?????
    Never understood why someone like him or jamarcus Russell wont go the AFL just to show teams what they got.

I don't think "Bronco's fans" are petitioning for anything. I think Tebow fans are petitioning to get Tebow off the unemployment line.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    I don't think "Bronco's fans" are petitioning for anything. I think Tebow fans are petitioning to get Tebow off the unemployment line.
    I would prefer they petition from with a Jets logo attached. Is that too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I think we need to have a "Bronco Inquisition" and root out all the Tebownites posing as Bronco fans, torture them as the witches they are and then ban them. Naturally, first course of action is to declare anyone a witch that has Tebow in their user name. Next, if they are still lingering around these boards declaring we should give Tebow another shot....obviously a witch and not a Bronco fan. And of course, finally, find a lake, throw them in it, if they float than they are made of wood, so they are a witch and we should burn them.

Seems only logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Never understood why someone like him or jamarcus Russell wont go the AFL just to show teams what they got.
    I mean it's a freaking paycheck, why not?

Tebow has proven he is not the sharpest tool in the shed (which probably is a major reason why he can't play QB in the league) and his followers clearly suffer from the same disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Why? Because they don't care that much about playing QB. Tebow only wants a platform. Russell does not want to put in the work.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I think we need to have a "Bronco Inquisition" and root out all the Tebownites posing as Bronco fans, torture them as the witches they are and then ban them. Naturally, first course of action is to declare anyone a witch that has Tebow in their user name. Next, if they are still lingering around these boards declaring we should give Tebow another shot....obviously a witch and not a Bronco fan. And of course, finally, find a lake, throw them in it, if they float than they are made of wood, so they are a witch and we should burn them.

Seems only logical to me.

If we had drafted a different Qb other than Lynch I might say why not try him out again in camp. Since we have now drafted Lynch in the 1st no less then I would simply say no to Tebow returning to us.

The AFL may be a lower level of play, but it doesn't mean that Tebow or Russell would be any more successful there than they were in the NFL due to the types of players that they are.

In the AFL, Tebow's mobility wouldn't help him much. There isn't much room to run due to the size of the field, and there is always a jack linebacker in the box so in effect there is a permanent spy against the run game. Quincey Carter is a prominent example of a guy who was a better NFL quarterback than AFL quarterback.

Russell's gift is his monster arm, but again, the size of the field greatly reduces the need for arm strength.

In the AFL, a quarterback needs a few things:
    1. the ability to fit the ball into very tight windows
    2. the ability to get rid if the ball even faster than you have to in the NFL
    3. the ability to make quick reads

Both Russell and Tebow struggle mightily in those areas. An AFL team would probably sign them just for the publicity, but in all likelihood they'd struggle to even win a starting job.

The CFL would be a much better option for either.

The CFL only has three downs, and many teams have a special quarterback to run a third and short package. Tebow would be absolutely perfect in that role as it is more often than not QB runs up the middle with occasional throws over the top.

And Russell's arm would be a great asset in the CFL. The field there is only longer but also wider, so throws to the sideline from the opposite hash are very often under thrown and intercepted. And since they use 12 players, it's easier to keep a safety valve back to take a short pass when nothing else is open.
    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Quote Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
    The AFL may be a lower level of play, but it doesn't mean that Tebow or Russell would be any more successful there than they were in the NFL due to the types of players that they are.

In the AFL, Tebow's mobility wouldn't help him much. There isn't much room to run due to the size of the field, and there is always a jack linebacker in the box so in effect there is a permanent spy against the run game. Quincey Carter is a prominent example of a guy who was a better NFL quarterback than AFL quarterback.

Russell's gift is his monster arm, but again, the size of the field greatly reduces the need for arm strength.

In the AFL, a quarterback needs a few things:
    1. the ability to fit the ball into very tight windows
    2. the ability to get rid if the ball even faster than you have to in the NFL
    3. the ability to make quick reads

Both Russell and Tebow struggle mightily in those areas. An AFL team would probably sign them just for the publicity, but in all likelihood they'd struggle to even win a starting job.

The CFL would be a much better option for either.

The CFL only has three downs, and many teams have a special quarterback to run a third and short package. Tebow would be absolutely perfect in that role as it is more often than not QB runs up the middle with occasional throws over the top.

And Russell's arm would be a great asset in the CFL. The field there is only longer but also wider, so throws to the sideline from the opposite hash are very often under thrown and intercepted. And since they use 12 players, it's easier to keep a safety valve back to take a short pass when nothing else is open.
    Actually Tebow would likely be a three down Qb in the CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Actually Tebow would likely be a three down Qb in the CFL.
    Don't they just have three downs?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus