Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    My thoughts are this kid plays on day one. As long as the oline and running game are clicking Kubs will give the kid a limited half field read portion of the playbook to start. No way Sanchez starts unless lynch is just totally lost trying to figure out the pkaybook.

I thought if we were to get him we'd be trading up 10 or more spots so I really like this pick! His game tape coming out of college is better than Osweiler's and if groomed correctly will end up being better. Future looks good.

Never saw the kid play but from what's been said about him, it sounds like he has a real chance to be good.

I have a feeling that the "sit for a year talk" is just talk.

Too many people who analyze football for a living scoff at the idea of Sanchez being the starter.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I'm just glad we didn't fall into the Connor Cook trap.

I like this pick.Nothing wrong with trading up to get him.Who knows,maybe he'll show some potential and earn the starting job,if its an open competition.Should be fun and interesting...COME ON SEPTEMBER!!! GO BRONCOS

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    One good thing that was pointed out on reddit is if we've got a big lead, he'll see playing time unlike when Manning was here refusing to come out of the game.

I dunno....I'm not as pissed this morning now that I've had some time to mull it over...Still don't like giving up a 1st and 3rd for a guy that likely won't start this season though...

Still not wowed by this pick, but there's a whole lot of draft left for us to shore up the missing pieces to keep us going until the point where Lynch might be ready.
    I think that's the wrong way to look at it, we just swapped first round picks and gave up our third. So we really only sacrificed a third round pick for the QB the staff really wanted. Personally, I preferred Hackenberg if we were going to draft a guy to sit and learn this season, but I'll trust Elway & Co. over my own judgment

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I think that's the wrong way to look at it, we just swapped first round picks and gave up our third. So we really only sacrificed a third round pick for the QB the staff really wanted. Personally, I preferred Hackenberg if we were going to draft a guy to sit and learn this season, but I'll trust Elway & Co. over my own judgment
    Yes, I'm quoting myself.

Here's where I stand, aside from the value given up in the trade:

Sanchez has grown on me a ton over the last month. There was always potential with him, his development was clearly hurt by a lack of coaching and a lack of talent surrounding him. He's displayed maturity, leadership and a strong desire to succeed with us.

I don't think he'll be pro bowl talent with us, but I think we'll get better performance at QB overall this year compared to last. I don't think he's the long term solution, but I think he would be great for a year or two here and be great for Lynch's development.

I was really angry when we first signed Sanchez, but taking a step back and looking big picture, I think Elway is making all the right moves.

While I was hoping for Hackenberg, I definitely trust our management.

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    I mean it's really not though. We spent a first and a third on him...No matter how you look at it, we used our first and gave up our third.

Regardless I'm going to force myself to be ok with this pick because it's happened and isn't going to be changed.. I too would have liked Hackenberg or even Prescott because they could have been had later in the draft and for less cost. But Lynch is who is here and we need him to succeed so that we aren't in the endless QB carousel that so many teams manage to find themselves on.

Let's see what else the draft has in store for us and hurry onto camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    This is my hope. I don't mind the pick, but I also don't want to watch him sit like a project for 3-4 years. If Sanchez starts more than one year, I will be disappointed.
    Paxton doesn't have a Peyton Manning playing ahead of him ala Brock did, so I don't see him being a "project" for much more than a year or so.

First off, great pick. With the "early run on QBs" reports all week I never thought Lynch would make it the Broncos. Giving up the third is a small price to pay to get the potential QB of the future.

It is going to be fun to watch him develop. I hope he can fulfill the role asked of him. Right talent and coaching could lead to some wins for the Broncos.

I just hope the fans and team show some patience. Not feeling the need to start him just because he was a first rounder or because the QB in front of him is so bad they are forced to start him before he is ready.

The addition of Lynch is great but it does little to change the desperation of the Broncos QB situation. They are still looking for their starter. I hope Elway found the right guy the first time out. But until Lynch actually plays well he is just another first round prospect. How many first round picks never live up to the enthusiam of the selection?

My excitement of a rookie QB means little on the field. Until he performs to the high expectations the Broncos are still just looking for an answer at QB.

At the moment we are just staring at the lottery ticket in our hands and dreaming of how to spend the winnings before the numbers have beer called.

This is from the Daytona Beach News Journal. The main newspaper that covers this area here in Florida. It gives a timeline of how the night went for Lynch.

ORANGE CITY — Paxton Lynch's NFL dream is finally a reality.

Lynch, the Trinity Christian product and Memphis star quarterback, was selected No. 26 overall by the defending Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos in the first round of the NFL Draft on Thursday. He becomes the first Volusia County quarterback, and only the 27th athlete all-time, to hear his name called in the draft.

He waited nearly three hours, celebrating with roughly 100 close friends and family members, at the AMF Deltona Lanes. He listened to months of criticism from the draft pundits. And, when the moment arrived, he was left speechless.

"It's never been easy, and obviously it's never going to change," Lynch said. "I'm glad I had all these people around me."

Lynch's big night was long and taxing, and it all started with a private conversation.

6:20 p.m.

Assembling at a long, rectangular table in the bowling alley's conference room, Lynch and agent Leigh Steinberg run through the draft order and discuss potential landing spots, along with Steinberg's associate Chris Cabott and David Lynch, Paxton's father.

Steinberg tells Lynch not to worry until the eighth pick, held by the Cleveland Browns. Even at that point, Steinberg doubts the level of interest from Cleveland, with two veteran quarterbacks — Josh McCown and Robert Griffin III — already under contract for 2016.

He scrolls his pointer finger on the paper listing the draft order and stops at No. 11.

“These two teams are really interested,” Steinberg said, referring to the Chicago Bears and the New Orleans Saints.

Both teams, he said, were thinking of investing a high draft pick to groom behind incumbent veterans.

Jay Cutler, costing the Bears an annual cap hit of $17 million, has often been a polarizing figure in Chicago. In seven years with the Bears, Cutler has five 3,000-yard passing seasons with 150 touchdowns and 104 interceptions.

Meanwhile, Drew Brees has been the face of the Saints for more than a decade. But at 37 years old, and in the final year of a $100 million contract, Brees simply can't play forever, and there's not a viable long-term replacement on the Saints roster.

Should Lynch slide, Steinberg identified four other potential suitors — the New York Jets (No. 20), the Kansas City Chiefs (No. 27), the Arizona Cardinals (No. 29) and the defending Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos (No. 31).

At worst-case scenario, Steinberg expected his client to hear his name by the end of the night.

6:37 p.m.

“We are all Team Paxton,” Steinberg shouts while addressing the party. “Paxmania has taken over the entire nation.”

Lynch laughs in between bites of a chicken wing, taking some time away from the lanes.

A veteran of 42 NFL drafts, Steinberg explains the impending delays in between picks. He also informs the party the Los Angeles Rams will select California's Jared Goff and the Philadelphia Eagles will follow with North Dakota State's Carson Wentz nearly 90 minutes before NFL commissioner Roger Goodell receives the official draft card.

8:25 p.m.

As expected and projected, Goff and Wentz go 1-2, to the Los Angeles Rams and the Philadelphia Eagles, respectively.

Steinberg scribbles both names on a yellow legal pad. With the formalities out of the way, the wait truly begins. Lynch, watching the events transpire on television, smiles and scratches his goatee.

8:38 p.m.

Moments after San Diego pulled the first surprise of the night, selecting Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa, Dallas grabbed fellow Buckeye Ezekiel Elliott.

Entering the night, the last time a running back went in the top 5 was 2012, when the Browns chose Trent Richardson third overall.

“Wow,” Cabott said. “That's good for us, though.”

9:02 p.m.

The Paxton Lynch watch officially begins as Cleveland hits the clock at No. 8. However, it's short-lived as the Browns trade back to No. 15 in exchange with the Tennessee Titans.

Moments later, the night's first “bad” development takes shape.

Chicago traded up two slots to select Georgia linebacker Leonard Floyd.

“That's not good for us,” Steinberg groaned.

9:27 p.m.

Lynch re-entered the room, and the evening's first truly tense moments took place.

As New Orleans goes on the clock, silence sweeps through the room. The sound of a ratcheting wrench, generated from a car commercial, rings loudly as a small crowd gathers outside, hoping to catch a glimpse of Lynch's magic moment.

The final seconds tick down, and Steinberg juggles a pair of phones — an iPhone in his left hand, and a cordless landline in his right. Lynch fidgets with the cross on his chain, hoping to hear the phone ring.

It doesn't.

“With the 12th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select Sheldon Rankins, defensive tackle, Louisville,” Goodell announces to the world.

Lynch returns to the lanes with his sunglasses on, knowing his next opportunity could be Cleveland at No. 15.

9:51 p.m.

For the second time of the night, it's the Cleveland Browns' turn.

“The intriguing conversation is Paxton Lynch,” NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock says to his cohorts on stage.

Steinberg puts his hands, and phones, up in the air. “But it's not,” he said.

Instead, Cleveland chooses Corey Coleman, the Biletnikoff Award-winning wide receiver from Baylor.

Lynch remained seated in the alley, watching younger brother Evin toss a strike and jokingly blow his “hot” hand.

10:10 p.m.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport stirs up potential interest out of Buffalo, prompting Steinberg to retrieve Lynch from the lanes.

“Not this again,” Lynch said. “I'm standing up. I'm not sitting down.”

Buffalo grabbed Clemson defensive end Shaq Lawson, putting the quarterback-needy Jets on the board.

For the better part of 10 minutes, Lynch sits back and listens as the dais picks apart his flaws, telling him he's at least a year away from contribution.

But the biggest reaction in the room was when Mayock described his “shy” nature. A handful of friends laughed out loud.

“Do they even know you?” one friend inquired.

In the end, the Jets went with defense, picking Ohio State linebacker Darron Lee.

“I would have bet that it was the Jets,” David Lynch said.

10:50 p.m.

As Lynch continues to sit, Steinberg said three teams were trying to move around — Kansas City, Denver and the Dallas Cowboys.

All of a sudden, immediately after Pittsburgh completes the 25th pick, Steinberg's phone rings. He races to the back door to find Lynch, who stepped out for some air.

Denver traded into the No. 26 spot, swapping selections with the Seattle Seahawks, with plans to draft Lynch.

Asked if he was ready to become a Bronco, Lynch immediately responds, “Yes, sir. I've been ready since pick No. 1.”

Hanging up the phone, he shouts, “I'm a Denver Bronco.” Sobbing on his brother's shoulder, hugging his parents, family and friends, Lynch finally could celebrate.

"It's awesome. It's the best possible situation," Stacie Lynch, Paxton's mother, said with tears in her eyes. "It's the team he really loves, and we're so excited and overwhelmed with joy."

Steinberg hoped all along for his client to land with a stable organization. Denver's just over two months removed from winning its third Super Bowl, armed with one of the league's premier defenses and star receivers Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders.

"We're thrilled that Paxton Lynch is going to be a Bronco," said John Elway, the team's executive vice president of football operations and general manager. "He fits what we do very well and plays the game with a lot of enthusiasm."

It also inevitably comes with the pressure of following in the footsteps of the legendary Peyton Manning, who retired after an 18-year career.

Questions will certainly be asked, but that's nothing new to Lynch — lightly recruited out of high school, chastised by Memphis fans when he earned the starting nod as a redshirt freshman, scrutinized as a product of the spread offense.

And he's ready to answer them the second he lands in Denver.

"Coming out of high school, a lot of teams passed up on me. And I think I've made a lot of teams regret that," Lynch said. "Coming into this draft, there were a lot of teams that had an opportunity to come get me. I'm going to work the best I can to prove those people wrong, and give my team an opportunity to win games."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...k-in-NFL-Draft
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

I accepted a while ago that we were drafting a QB in the first. I was worried that we were going to either give up a lot more to get a teen pick or draft a QB that last week was considered a 3rd round pick. With Lynch, he does have a big arm and plenty of mobility. He is being presented to us as "not NFL ready" honestly every college QB is like this until they get into a system. He could surprise us, so let's stay positive. Obviously we wanted the 5th year option and like it was said before, 10 players were not making our roster.

The only slight I have heard about Lynch is that he is not very bright. Scored an 18 on the wonderlick test and some scouts reported that he tends to fade out mentally.

That could be an issue trying to learn the playbook. Maybe Latimer and Lynch should get together and study extra hard so they can get the playbook down. Or maybe we can get Manning as a consultant to teach the young buck how to prepare and study.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Paxton Lynch the best QB in 2016 draft

I see a lot of opinions on one side or the other on what happened last night. We're in a great situation with a 5-year option on the potential QB of the future.

Sanchez is honestly a great filler until Lynch is ready, which I think will be next year. Sanchez will start this year and I think he'll honestly play well. His 2 most successful years, his 2 first years, were catered to him coming out of college. Sanchez excels in the bootleg. Next year, hopefully Lynch will be ready to take the leap to starter and perform well for us.

The article below was written a week ago and I think it makes a lot of good points:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news...outing-reports

Can someone photoshop him in a Bronco unie????