Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft grade?

Draft grade?

I'll give it a B-. First, Lynch. Very raw, but huge upside. I can't fault Elway for taking a chance on sheer talent. Next is Gotsis. Everyone said it was a reach, but I've heard people compare him to Wolfe and Jackson. High motor and may be just scratching the surface of his abilities. Simmons in the 3rd. Solid pick that gives us depth and a potential starter. I haven't heard anyone dislike this pick. Next is Booker. Great value and great fit. We got maybe the 2nd best back in the draft in the 4th round. Awesome pick. 5th round is McGovern. Another solid pick that fills a need. As far as the last three picks, I am somewhat underwhelmed. We probably could have gotten a decent FB and P as UDFA. Still, Janovich should at least help on special teams and Dixon will push Colquitt. Will Parks seems like a solid depth guy.

Anyway, not too shabby. Really looking forward to Booker this year and hopefully Lynch next year.

I'll go with a B. Seems like solid picks overall with nothing standing out as a fantastic choice. A few guys here and there that I wanted to go with instead but I think I understand the reasoning behind their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I'll go with a B. Seems like solid picks overall with nothing standing out as a fantastic choice. A few guys here and there that I wanted to go with instead but I think I understand the reasoning behind their decisions.
    IMO draft grades are pointless until you actually see these kids in the field......but for the sake of argument, I'll give it an A+ since we drafted all future Hall of famers

I'd give it an A-. We hit all of our major needs in my opinion with really solid players.

Lynch has the potential to take our team to the next level not only with his play but also his cheap contract.
    Gotsis I will trust Kollar on as he was banging on doors for him. Wait and see, didn't seem like great value but if he wanted him and we couldn't have gotten him otherwise then I'm glad we got him.
    Simmons, Booker and McGovern were all GREAT picks for us and provided amazing value.
    Then, we added a Fullback and Punter which I wanted to see happen. It's rare for late round picks to make the team, especially on loaded rosters like ours and both stand good odds of making the team. The punter will also helps us free up cap space.
    I don't know much about Parks but he fills a need for us as we lost both of our backup safety's and really struggled without our starters. He's fast, played a lot of coverage and is a good tackler. He should also make the roster.

If everyone of our guys makes the roster and the fact that it looks likely they all very likely could gives this draft a very high grade in my book.

Position wise I give it an A+.
    QB and S were our biggest holes. They definitely got guys that can help our team for years to come but won't make an impact until 2017. RB, OG, & DL needed more depth and we got very talented players that can play day 1. The FB was a big need n he also is Stud on special teams. The punter looks like a good talent and could save the Broncos a couple mil buy cutting the underachieving Colquitt.
    Overall I give the Draft a B+.

I'm fluctuating between a B- and a C+. Denver is taking a gamble with potential on its first two picks. That's a risky proposition with such high capital. Denver got some solid contributors throughout the rounds.

Best Pick: Devontae Booker in the 4th

Worst Pick: Adam Gostis, a gamble on a guy with potential and a knee injury. Don't get me wrong, they were all solid picks, I just think this is the riskiest of the bunch.

Booker was a huge pick! Getting him with a comp pick is unreal. I love this draft, lots of talented guys with high marks

I think we did fine, we had to pick guys earlier than we wanted due to winning the SB (bummer, right?) And picking near last every round. You won't get the big splashy names at our draft position so only time will tell on this draft class.

"A" because I trust John & the coaches judgement.

I'll give it a C+ for now. Lynch, Simmons and Booker are good picks. The rest we could have gotten better value at needs in those positions.

On paper do not see any pro bowlers here, but should get 3-4 solid contributors and a possible 3M cap savings. Lynch will make or break this draft, but we knew that when we made the pick.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Hard to say for me this year, I had none of them aside from Lynch as someone I hoped to land. Overall it looks really good, just personally disappointing. I'll give it a B.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'm fluctuating between a B- and a C+. Denver is taking a gamble with potential on its first two picks. That's a risky proposition with such high capital. Denver got some solid contributors throughout the rounds.

Best Pick: Devontae Booker in the 4th

Worst Pick: Adam Gostis, a gamble on a guy with potential and a knee injury. Don't get me wrong, they were all solid picks, I just think this is the riskiest of the bunch.
    If it is a gamble to take Gotsis then why isn't it a gamble to take Booker? Both are rehabbing knee injuries. If you are critical of one, shouldn't you be critical of the other?

I loved the picks. Broncos pick at the end of every round except for those that Elway improved in trades. They added several quality players to the mix. As a fan I can't ask for more. "A"

After being upset with the first 2 picks. Especially the 2nd round. Think we reached a little but if that's who our Dline coach wanted. Than let's see what he can do with him I think we had a pretty dam good draft. Really hoping Paxton Lynch can live up to his potential. Good thing about it is we will have a top Run game and Defense so pressure won't be on Lynch . He will just have to try and not turn the ball over. And connect on a bootleg every now and then.

I think the Simmons pick was a Great pick. The kid is a beast and has potential to be immediate impact. Very long and has crazy range. Is a Leader Could see him in our nickel with TJ at linebacker. Loved this pick.

Booker for me was my favorite player in this draft. Wanted him in the 2nd. And we got him in the 4th. That's unreal. His vision and footwork are elite. Best vision I've seen in a long time . Home run threat. And he's a 3 down back. With him and CJ. We will be a Top 3 rushing team. He has hands of a receiver. Almost had 1000 receiving yards in one year as a Rb
    B+
    Last edited by Montoya; 04-30-2016 at 06:58 PM.

I'm not a fan of grades before they play for a bit, but I would like to say that I think it's cool that there is a good chance we don't have Lynch and Booker on our team if we resigned Julius Thomas last year. That comp pick was huge. It'll be interesting to see if that means anything in the future.