Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Malik flat out lied imo

Before the 2015 season Malik was asked about the up coming season being a contract year. He made it clear then he was seeking a huge contract. This presser was on Denverbroncos.com and it is probably still there.

The lesson about Malik imo is there will always be some players intending on getting the max amount of money possible and then there are guys like CHJr and Wolfe who will accept fair deals tho I am sure they both knew if they hit the market they would have gotten more.

Oz....imo the lesson to be learned about him is still tbd.

Can a team justify paying an unproven guy more? I think answer is no....too much of a risk for a team already winning even tho a desperate team will take the risk.

Should we have played Oz more? Hard to say. In 2013 or before....definitely not. In 2014....yea maybe Fox cost us dearly by allowing a hurt PM to play.

Had Oz played when the opportunity presented itself maybe we could have justified a contract extension before the 2015 season.

If we did go down that road would Oz have accepted a back up role and contract? Does not seem likely at this point. Also does not seem like we were ever willing to treat, or pay, Oz like a starter until PM said he was done.

At this point it seems like we used a 2nd round pick as insurance and that insurance helped is win a Super Bowl.

Besides not playing Oz in 2014 when PM was hurt I am really not sure if Oz's intentions allowed for any better outcome for the Broncos.

As to the point u made about Von...I think the franchise tag allows us to keep Von for two more years at an average of 15-16m a year. As long as Von and his agent keep trying for the 20m mark imo we should absolutely consider making Von play on the tag for 2 years. Agents use every leverage possible to make contract spiral out of control....the tag is really the only option a team has to force reason onto the agents and players.

Who knows in two more years Vons best asset....his speed...may start to slow down a bit. Or he may develop an attitude and no longer be able to ask for the best contract ever given a def player in history.
    And i argued this fact with many on here on the Malik Jackson thread inc Broncos SB2010 (who stated that they were right to take the bigger contracts and were right to get paid). Is $12m per year not getting paid?

Malik is a greedy paycheck player, nothing more. We offered him and Brock fair contracts based upon production and both let greed dictate their decisions and both ran to worse situations then lied and said it was because they were heading to a better situation even though we are world champions At least with that extra few million he can 'feed his family'.

Round of applause for CHjnr and Derek Wolfe. Here are two players that still understand that there is more to it then simply money.

Malik plays football professionally. He has a chance at making 90 million dollars and he takes it. Hes also going to be on a squad that has a good chance at winning their division next year. I think jax is going to improve a lot next year and surprise people. hes probably not going to be able to make an extra couple million dollars when hes not playing football. It was a smart move for him. That's the way the league works now and most people would change companies and relocate to make a measly one million extra a year. i wish the guy was still playing for us but i aint mad at the guy for doing whats best for him and his family.

Im surprised so many folks think Pax is going to start so quickly. I think sanchez can be competent for us for 5 or 6 games at least. what's the big rush? Im sure kubes and elway will start him when the time is right, but starting game 1 kinda makes me nervous. very few qbs are ready that quickly. I wanna see what the guy can do for us but only when hes ready.
    Last edited by jammin83; 05-07-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammin83 View Post
    Malik plays football professionally. He has a chance at making 90 million dollars and he takes it. Hes also going to be on a squad that has a good chance at winning their division next year. I think jax is going to improve a lot next year and surprise people. hes probably not going to be able to make an extra couple million dollars when hes not playing football. It was a smart move for him. That's the way the league works now and most people would change companies and relocate to make a measly one million extra a year. i wish the guy was still playing for us but i aint mad at the guy for doing whats best for him and his family.

Im surprised so many folks think Pax is going to start so quickly. I think sanchez can be competent for us for 5 or 6 games at least. what's the big rush? Im sure kubes and elway will start him when the time is right, but starting game 1 kinda makes me nervous. very few qbs are ready that quickly. I wanna see what the guy can do for us but only when hes ready.
    I dont think it would surprise many, jags are kinda expected to compete this year. They have an offense that really turned around last year and they have made some massive upgrades on defense now.

Also I kinda hate how people compare financial decisions from pro athletes to everyday people.

I dont fault him for going after the money, its his life and his decision, he also helped us win a superbowl. However, its silly hearing "hes gotta feed his family" and saying anyone else would take 1 million dollars in a heartbeat. Most of us work a little above minimum wage and could live off 1 million dollars for the rest of our life. Malik will likely make more than 90 million throughout his career.

I'm predicting that there will come a time, sooner rather than later, when Lynch makes us forget Bryce Oswheeler's name.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I'm predicting that there will come a time, sooner rather than later, when Lynch makes us forget Bryce Oswheeler's name.
    I think you may be right. At least I hope so anyways.

But then someone will feel compelled to post a comment like yours to stir the pot again.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    forget who????

Quote Originally Posted by jammin83 View Post

I didn't have any problem with Malik until after he signed with Jags and started talking trash about the Broncos. Saying we should have signed him before last year. Dude, you had ONE good year. And you think we should have given you a long term contract BEFORE that year?! What kind of logic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    I didn't have any problem with Malik until after he signed with Jags and started talking trash about the Broncos. Saying we should have signed him before last year. Dude, you had ONE good year. And you think we should have given you a long term contract BEFORE that year?! What kind of logic is that?
    I couldn't agree more. I thin Malik is a good to great player but I don't think he anywhere near JJ Watt of Wilkerson but is being paid like he is. I just don't think is 6 million dollars better than wolfe.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

At what point does it not become a surprise if Jacksonville makes the playoffs next year, when 80% of people are saying that Jacksonville is going to surprise next year. Lol. When the majority expects it, it stops being a surprise in my opinion. Kind of similar to last year when every analyst was talking about how Malik is underrated. While he was for much time, there came a point where every single person was talking about how good and underrated he was, thus making him no longer underrated

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    At what point does it not become a surprise if Jacksonville makes the playoffs next year, when 80% of people are saying that Jacksonville is going to surprise next year. Lol. When the majority expects it, it stops being a surprise in my opinion. Kind of similar to last year when every analyst was talking about how Malik is underrated. While he was for much time, there came a point where every single person was talking about how good and underrated he was, thus making him no longer underrated
    Well......I get your point, but The Jax had what it appears to be a great draft, which combined nicely with Free Agency and the return to football of Fowler, the 3rd pick in last year's draft. The draft was only a week ago. I think it fair to give people at least that much time to express their excitement/positivity to that team.

Maybe give it a month or so before the story gets less interesting.

I agree.. and that division is gonna have a dogfight..
    Indy, Texans, Jax....

I think they all gonna be tough...
    its now a much better division than it as before.

I don't see the Jax game here , later in the schedule...as a gimme...
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Well......I get your point, but The Jax had what it appears to be a great draft, which combined nicely with Free Agency and the return to football of Fowler, the 3rd pick in last year's draft. The draft was only a week ago. I think it fair to give people at least that much time to express their excitement/positivity to that team.

Maybe give it a month or so before the story gets less interesting.
    I am actually one of the people who think they will be good. More so because of their offense than their defense. I didn't mean to make it sound as if I was belittling the Jaguars. I was just using them as an example of that, because it happens all the time in sports. This player or team is discussed as underrated for so long that are they really underrated anymore? Not that they're overrated either. Simply where they're supposed to be?

I have always heard that they will give the players on the field the best chance to succeed. Also the best will suit up at each position. Cant wait to see what direction Kub's, better yet who wins the Job leading this team to a Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It is not a surprise....it is predictable....it happens every year.

A team adds talent....everyone is asked what team that people do not expect will make the playoffs....a easy answer is the team that appeared to add a lot of playmakers

It seemed over half the experts in all of football were picking Indy to win the AFC last year. IMO they were looking dangerous but not even 1 or 2 seed worthy before Luck got hurt. Not much of a change from the year before.

Football is far from easy to predict.

Like Can said fans get excited around this time of the year. Lot of fans find reason to hope this time of year. It is one of the many things that makes the NFL so amazing.

Anything can happen

The team that added a lot of talent this year may make a big run...or maybe the team that added just a few low key pieces while working hard to correct the issues from last year may make a run.

I can easily make an arguement for any team in the AFC South to do well or for it to put another low win team into the playoffs as div winner....either arguement with a straight face

Either answer is just as likely at this point.