Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Check This Out

What if Jay Cutler comes back to Denver?

We need a quarterback, why not bring back Jay Cutler?

He is a great quarterback, that managed to control his turnovers now and still has that same great arm that we fell in love with. He is developing some of the intangibles that he lacked early in his career and will give our offence a lot more punch then it had the past season. His price tag should be manageable at this point and we have ammunition for another run for the Superbowl.

How does that sound?

This isn't going to end well.

Over the next few years, his contract isn't that bad. But why would the Bears get rid of him?

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post

He is a great quarterback, that managed to control his turnovers now and still has that same great arm that we fell in love with. He is developing some of the intangibles that he lacked early in his career and will give our offence a lot more punch then it had the past season. His price tag should be manageable at this point and we have ammunition for another run for the Superbowl.

How does that sound?
    How is he great?

No thank you.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Not feasible given the cap situation.

How does that sound?
    What if Napoleon had a B-52 at Waterloo?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Why? Cutler is always an accident waiting to happen. No thanks. I know this is a pipe dream of mine but if there were vet QB's we could dream of signing it would be Luck or Russell Wilson. Not Cutler by any stretch of the imagination.

The guy has been in the league for over 10 years and implodes pretty much every season. Year after year people wait to see if he will live up to his potential and never does.

How does that sound?
    Sounds horrible. His salary for 2016 is 16 million. Hardly manageable. Also, to me he still has the same terrible intangibles he had before. No leadership, no accountability, and poor body language. Plus, he still makes some of the most boneheaded throws you'll ever see. Million dollar arm, ten cent everything else.

I like this jeff George fella too! But when does he become a free agent?

He seems to have learned to control his turnovers. Last season he was 22 TDs to 11 Interceptions. 3 of which was in the final week of the season. Also, he didn't have a whole lot to work with last season.

Also, with Demaryius Thomas, he will easily be able to keep defenses from loading up the box. I am sure people remember the days of Cutler - Marshall. How about a Cutler, that doesn't turn the ball over as much, to Thomas.

Chicago doesn't have too much invested in him. They are going nowhere this year, regardless of whether Cutler is there or not. Might as well trade him for a few picks and make sure they get a higher draft choice the following season.

How? We are going to move Clady. Why not a 3 team trade. We move Clady to maybe the Jets and the Jets trade some picks to the Bears. We ask Cutler to restructure like we are doing with Kapernick and Cutler gets a chance to rewrite his legacy.

He seems to have learned to control his turnovers. Last season he was 22 TDs to 11 Interceptions. 3 of which was in the final week of the season. Also, he didn't have a whole lot to work with last season.

Also, with Demaryius Thomas, he will easily be able to keep defenses from loading up the box. I am sure people remember the days of Cutler - Marshall. How about a Cutler, that doesn't turn the ball over as much, to Thomas.

Chicago doesn't have too much invested in him. They are going nowhere this year, regardless of whether Cutler is there or not. Might as well trade him for a few picks and make sure they get a higher draft choice the following season.

How? We are going to move Clady. Why not a 3 team trade. We move Clady to maybe the Jets and the Jets trade some picks to the Bears. We ask Cutler to restructure like we are doing with Kapernick and Cutler gets a chance to rewrite his legacy.
    Cutler has been trying to rewrite history for over 10 years now. Sorry, I think his story has already been told. JMHO.

Please no! Not even a little interested in bringing him back to Denver.

It would be entertaining on the discussion boards though. He would be raked over the coals for a week or so until the rhetoric of how great he "can" be starts gaining some traction. The first OTA when he looks great, the first press conference where he says the right things and he would be suddenly be embraced by many.

I can hear the "but he's better then Sanchez " chants already.

Jay Cutler is the guy that never actually fully develops it seems... Every year i her that he needs to continue to develop and become better... the guy is 32 years old, I am guessing he has reached his ceiling and that ceiling is not a good one.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

The Bears will make the playoffs this year, they aren't trading him. Now Detroit on the other hand, they might want to start that total rebuild with Megatron retiring.