View Poll Results: will joey bosa be a bust?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! wrong system and the chargers made a mistake drafting him!

9 29.03%
  • NO! the kid can ball and will still have his hand in the dirt a lot!

7 22.58%
  • too early to tell, same with all draft picks.

15 48.39%
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    I'm interested to know how many sacks you think Bosa will have in his rookie season?
    let me guess, you think he should have 10+ his rookie year or he is a bust, right?

first off, how many DE's in any system have that many sacks their rookie season? even jj watt didn't.

second of all, the chargers didn't bring him in just to sack the QB, he will have to be an effective run stopper and be disruptive as well.

i will say this, if by year 3 he isn't dominating and going to the pro bowl then he will be a bust in my mind. heck if he isn't going to the PB in year two or at least having a PB caliber season i will have serious concerns.
    Last edited by baphamet; 05-04-2016 at 10:16 PM.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

[QUOTE=baphamet;5430120]let me guess, you think he should have 10+ his rookie year or he is a bust, right?

first off, how many DE's in any system have that many sacks their rookie season? even jj watt didn't.

second of all, the chargers didn't bring him in just to sack the QB, he will have to be an effective run stopper and be disruptive as well.

i will say this, if by year 3 he isn't dominating and going to the pro bowl then he will be a bust in my mind. heck if he isn't going to the PB in year two or at least having a PB caliber season i will have serious concerns.[/QUOTE

Sure but primarily chargers selected him where they did to be dominant and destructive and sack the QB from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The front of a defense helps the back out more so than the other way. If Bosa gets pressures and sacks he makes the Chargers secondary better...I am not sure how he will do vs NFL linemen in run defense or Rushing the passer but I am sure there is tape of him going vs an top LT prospect sometime in his college career that would give a good indication.

I Will say this Urban Meyer has sent some guys to the NFL that were pretty big busts in the past but mostly offensive busts..he is kinda known for it in SEC circles and the coaches still use it against him when recruiting.
    this is a fair and accurate post but as far as people saying he is going to struggle against NFL lineman? dude was getting double and triple teamed pretty much every game and still dominated.

he could turn out to be a compete bust, i would be lying if i said i wasn't worried about it. but if the chargers utilize him correctly, i like the odds of him becoming a great player.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post

Sure but primarily chargers selected him where they did to be dominant and destructive and sack the QB from day 1.
    yes and trust me when i say run support is just as important with that pick. all i'm saying is, if he only has 4 or 5 sacks his first year i'm not going to freak out, especially if the DL as a whole is much improved and the run defense is vastly improved.

if his first year is a dud then that will be concerning, it just depends how he plays overall. if he gets man handled and struggles a lot and doesn't get any sacks or only a couple? or teams run right at him with success?

yes that will be very concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    lol where to start.......

first of all, the chargers upgraded their run defense in FA when they signed the NT brandon mebane. he is the run stuffing NT we have been missing since jamal williams left for donkeyville.
    Sorry, two players lol

second of all, it's simply hilarious you claimed you brought in a true FB

you are talking about Janovich correct? dude is not a true FB, he is a running FB and those are rare these days.
    That play action fake bootleg pass to the fullback has been a staple in the Kubiak offense for years and I think we will see it a lot this year with Janovich. True Fullback or not, his versatility is going to be a great addition to our team. They've been trying to get a guy like this in there since Kubiak got here and I think they got what they were looking for.

as far as you hyping booker, he could turn into something if he recovers but more gifted than gordon? based on what exactly? the fact he is a bronco player?
    I was saying he's more naturally gifted than what we already had. Defensive much? lol

Whether it materializes or not is a different story, but I think he has more tools in the toolbox than what we already have, in spite of how much I really do like CJ.

Untwist your panties Mr. Emo

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Sorry, two players lol
    its all they should need bro, unless those players get hurt or bosa craps the bed, which is possible i guess. add those guys to the lone decent DL'man we already had (Corey Liuget) and there is potential for a pretty good DL as well as a vastly upgraded run defense, which was arguably the worst in the NFL last season.

That play action fake bootleg pass to the fullback has been a staple in the Kubiak offense for years and I think we will see it a lot this year with Janovich. True Fullback or not, his versatility is going to be a great addition to our team. They've been trying to get a guy like this in there since Kubiak got here and I think they got what they were looking for.
    i'm sure he will fill a niche as a change of pace guy but he is going to make his money on ST's, dude is a straight up grinder and he will give you the effort, that is for sure.

i got nothing but respect for him, just not a fan of him as a true lead blocking FB and as a runner at the NFL level because he may struggle due to his speed.

we will see though, i kind of hope he does well, just not against us

I was saying he's more naturally gifted than what we already had. Defensive much? lol

Whether it materializes or not is a different story, but I think he has more tools in the toolbox than what we already have, in spite of how much I really do like CJ.

Untwist your panties Mr. Emo
    you said much more gifted RB. more gifted than anything the chargers have? that's what i assumed you meant.

say what you want about Gordon's rookie campaign, but more gifted than gordon? gordon had a bad season and now everyone is acting like he is doomed to be a bust.

i wouldn't say your guy is more gifted than gordon, which is the same thing as saying more talented. i would say he fits the GK ZBS really well and that has as much to do with his potential as his natural ability does IMO.
    Last edited by baphamet; 05-05-2016 at 09:37 PM.

i got nothing but respect for him, just not a fan of him as a true lead blocking FB and as a runner at the NFL level because he may struggle due to his speed.
    Well they were trying to use halfbacks as fullbacks and tight ends as fullbacks. So what I meant by true fullback was a guy that was actually drafted at the position he played in college. No, he's not Lorenzo Neal. But he's a fullback.

you said much more gifted RB. more gifted than anything the chargers have? that's what i assumed you meant.

say what you want about Gordon's rookie campaign, but more gifted than gordon? gordon had a bad season and now everyone is acting like he is doomed to be a bust.

i wouldn't say your guy is more gifted than gordon, which is the same thing as saying more talented. i would say he fits the GK ZBS really well and that has as much to do with his potential as his natural ability does IMO.
    Jesus Baph, I just said he's more gifted than what the Broncos have. I'm not even talking about Gordon. Read what I said a third time if you have to!
    Last edited by kishzilla; 05-05-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Well they were trying to use halfbacks as fullbacks and tight ends as fullbacks. So what I meant by true fullback was a guy that was actually drafted at the position he played in college. No, he's not Lorenzo Neal. But he's a fullback.
    not sure why that makes a difference unless he is going to play the part but okay lol

by the way i know what you mean because the chargers been trying to do that same crap for years, ever since they lost tolbert.

Jesus Baph, I just said he's more gifted than what the Broncos have. I'm not even talking about Gordon. Read what I said a third time if you have to!
    ROFL!!

yes it's smack and i'm on high alert, sue me!

I voted to wait 2+ years.

Odds are very good he will be a dominant player.
    But if he is average, he will be a bust only because of where he was drafted.

In a division that has become very good at defense, it wasn't a bad move to go DL at all.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    His best move is the bull rush against Penn State walk- ons.

He will get eaten alive by NFL tackles.
    I'm voting Buster Douglas.
    Maybe Ingram can teach him that seldomly used spin move!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorky View Post
    I voted to wait 2+ years.

Odds are very good he will be a dominant player.
    But if he is average, he will be a bust only because of where he was drafted.

In a division that has become very good at defense, it wasn't a bad move to go DL at all.
    that's how i feel about it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    you say that as if ingram himself didn't claim freeney taught him how to improve that move. here is a hint, he did.

the interesting thing to me is both the broncos and chargers drafted a FB and if you read the scouting reports they were both very close on most peoples rankings.

they are not the same type of FB but it will be interesting to see which one has the better career and it also tells me that both teams may be looking to run more traditional type running formations, especially the chargers.

the chargers also drafted hunter henry who can run block as well as be a receiver so he will be a serious weapon in play action if he pans out.

IMO i think the league is going to eventually end up going back to heavy running offenses to slow down the edge speed rushing that has been the trend recently.

even with the good tackles teams are still going to need to get rid of the ball quickly and good QB's that are capable of making quick reads and getting the ball out of their hands quickly are becoming more and more scarce, due to the lack of pro style offenses in college these days.

bring back marty ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    well it might be to rare and vintage for bosa, plus only freeney knows how to teach it

you say that as if ingram himself didn't claim freeney taught him how to improve that move. here is a hint, he did.
    you say that as if we give a rats behind whether freeney taught him or not....its the rare and vintage part