Thread: Alamosa bound?

Alamosa bound?

So I'm looking into a job in the Alamosa area and wondering what people could tell me about the area?

I'm a huge ski bum so the idea of being close to Wolf Creek seems good. I also have buddies in Summit and down in ABQ so it makes sense as far as proximity. Spent time in Denver last summer interning and would love to come back out to Bronco country from the Midwest.

So I interviewed and the lady told me that they haven't been able to fill the position for a couple months. After doing a little sleuthing I saw that Alamosa ranks among the worst CO towns and has problems with gangs and crime?

Could anybody shed more light on it? Should I pass on the job?
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Well, there's not much there and it has nicknames I can't repeat on here. Gets down to 45 below in the winter occasionally and sometimes even colder. Its close proximity to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Wolf Creek is nice. I wouldnt live there, I live in a place where the winters are just as bad but it's a little nicer.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo View Post
    So I'm looking into a job in the Alamosa area and wondering what people could tell me about the area?

I'm a huge ski bum so the idea of being close to Wolf Creek seems good. I also have buddies in Summit and down in ABQ so it makes sense as far as proximity. Spent time in Denver last summer interning and would love to come back out to Bronco country from the Midwest.

So I interviewed and the lady told me that they haven't been able to fill the position for a couple months. After doing a little sleuthing I saw that Alamosa ranks among the worst CO towns and has problems with gangs and crime?

Could anybody shed more light on it? Should I pass on the job?
    I don't think Housh emphasized how cold it gets there enough. Lots of agriculture, small college and Eric Shiveley's recording studio.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    I don't think Housh emphasized how cold it gets there enough. Lots of agriculture, small college and Eric Shiveley's recording studio.
    Alamosa gets almost as cold as Gunnison.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Alamosa isn't terrible, it's just a whole lot of nothing. And in the winter its a whole lot of cold nothing. Had a gf once upon a time that went to Adams State, so I went down there some.

Just a little old podunk town.

Hooray, beer!