Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The people of San Diego have spoken and they are tired of taxes. Its simple Phillip Rivers aint worth a 3% tax hike to build a new stadium. Guess the city cant make there money back,go figure its all business.

The Omaha Charger Steaks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I am sure this is disappointing to all Chargers fans, but I think it is hard to blame taxpayers for not supporting tax-funded stadiums-- particularly in the current climate.
    San Diego doesn't really need NFL to put them on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen Bandit View Post
    The people of San Diego have spoken and they are tired of taxes. Its simple Phillip Rivers aint worth a 3% tax hike to build a new stadium. Guess the city cant make there money back,go figure its all business.
    just seen this.....

a tax they don't have to pay unless they need to stay in a hotel room in the city they live in. oh and it's hilarious how almost all of them blame spanos for leaving considering this argument. they are sick of being taxed, so they say no to rivers and the chargers and now totally blame the team for leaving? and not the corrupt local government?

doesn't make any sense if you ask me. they have pride in their city, that i understand. guess they had to blame someone no longer connected to the city, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hph5 View Post
    San Diego doesn't really need NFL to put them on the map.
    this is definitely true, it's the worst sports town in america but it's a fantastic city otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    this is definitely true, it's the worst sports town in america but it's a fantastic city otherwise.
    Jacksonville would like a word...

Oh and don't forget Birmingham, literally every failed football has made sure they placed a failed team right there in Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Jacksonville would like a word...

Oh and don't forget Birmingham, literally every failed football has made sure they placed a failed team right there in Birmingham.
    San Diego is the 8th largest city in america and all they have is the padres......they still don't care. Jacksonville would probably be second worst.

San Diego seems more of a baseball town than it does a football town. Heard great city but lousy sports fans.
    Ready for Halloween!