Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Great win tonight v sharks !!

Solid win. Going to be extremely pissed if the Wild are the ones that narrowly shave us for the 8 seed.

I guess the 10 game streak was fools gold.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I guess the 10 game streak was fools gold.
    Yeah, that was an embarrassing performance.

Finally a win

A tough butt-kicking from Winnipeg. But the fact is that Winnipeg has better players, and is simply a better team. MacKinnon may be back this weekend from what I'm hearing. Also, the Avs brought up Grimaldi (5-6, 190 lbs LOL), and Duncan Siemens (Defense who was a Top Draft Pick in 2011, and whose Contract was extended last summer). With Comeau and MacKinnon back, I don't know if they send Grimaldi and Siemens back to San Antonio, or not.

The Avs still have a chance. I believe that I heard that 13 of their last 21 games will be Home games. But, time is running out.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    A tough butt-kicking from Winnipeg. But the fact is that Winnipeg has better players, and is simply a better team. MacKinnon may be back this weekend from what I'm hearing. Also, the Avs brought up Grimaldi (5-6, 190 lbs LOL), and Duncan Siemens (Defense who was a Top Draft Pick in 2011, and whose Contract was extended last summer). With Comeau and MacKinnon back, I don't know if they send Grimaldi and Siemens back to San Antonio, or not.

The Avs still have a chance. I believe that I heard that 13 of their last 21 games will be Home games. But, time is running out.
    Grimaldi is one of those players who plays so much bigger than his size... He's got a ton of heart and is incredible to watch...

I think we're in a good position right now, with Mack coming back hopefully tomorrow (I'll be in the arena for that one.) We really haven't done as awful with him out as people are thinking, 4-4... We need to keep up our home momentum and we should find a way to sneak into the playoffs... Besides, if we don't make the playoffs, but barely miss them, we still had an infinitely better season this year, and I'm okay with that.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

And they just blew a home game against a bad Oilers team.

This team flat stinks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Grimaldi is one of those players who plays so much bigger than his size... He's got a ton of heart and is incredible to watch...

I think we're in a good position right now, with Mack coming back hopefully tomorrow (I'll be in the arena for that one.) We really haven't done as awful with him out as people are thinking, 4-4... We need to keep up our home momentum and we should find a way to sneak into the playoffs... Besides, if we don't make the playoffs, but barely miss them, we still had an infinitely better season this year, and I'm okay with that.
    Edmonton simply wanted it more than the Avs. At least that was my observation. And that is beyond disappointing. And losing Lindholm and EJ to what appeared to be pretty serious injuries, is the last thing the Avs needed. We spent an 11th overall pick for Duncan Siemens, several years ago. The guy is now 24 years old, and has been buried in the Minors for his career, up to now. Now it's time he start earning his salary at the NHL level.

And yes, I agree about the comparison to last season. Frankly, I never would have believed we could make this sort of progress while counting on young and rookie hockey players who have grown up quickly. And imagine what we will be like with the addition of Defensemen Timmons and Makar.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Edmonton simply wanted it more than the Avs. At least that was my observation. And that is beyond disappointing. And losing Lindholm and EJ to what appeared to be pretty serious injuries, is the last thing the Avs needed. We spent an 11th overall pick for Duncan Siemens, several years ago. The guy is now 24 years old, and has been buried in the Minors for his career, up to now. Now it's time he start earning his salary at the NHL level.

And yes, I agree about the comparison to last season. Frankly, I never would have believed we could make this sort of progress while counting on young and rookie hockey players who have grown up quickly. And imagine what we will be like with the addition of Defensemen Timmons and Makar.
    Yeah, as disappointing as this last stretch since the end of our win streak has been... I've been really trying to keep the whole season in perspective in regards to last year... We're looking up, and this core seems incredibly strong leading into the future... I think we're going to need more consistent goaltending going into the future.

We get Ottawa's 1st Round Pick, either this year or next year. It's up to Ottawa. Right now, they are in a position to get the 2nd Overall Pick with the 2nd worst record (notwithstanding the Lottery where last year we had the 1st Pick that was reduced to a 4th Pick as the Lottery bit us in the ole keester). So, Ottawa could choose to hold on to this years pick, and then we will get their 1st Round Pick, next year, no matter what happens.

That's what I find interesting. I'm guessing that with Timmons and Makar making the move to the pros, we would go after a top offensive threat. I also will be interested in seeing if we move Barrie.

It is definitely getting a lot more interesting.
    Last edited by gtown53; 02-20-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Team playing like garbage right now

Well least we made a game of it
    Last edited by Blondie79; 02-20-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Okay! Thatís a great comeback and a really big win!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Okay! That’s a great comeback and a really big win!
    I coulda swore I just heard somewhere in the background "Don't call it a comeback!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Okay! That’s a great comeback and a really big win!
    I guess i shouldn't have quit watching when we were down 4-1. LOL

The good news is that I recorded it and can go back and watch the comeback.