Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Canít win them all I guess

All good things must come to an end. And the NHL schedulers certainly screwed us with 3 difficult games in a 4 day period. Montreal isn't a very good team, but they had a good strategy. Montreal had 43 "hits" to Colorado's 23. So the strategy was to out-muscle and intimidate the younger, smaller Avs. And it worked. I look for every team that the Avs face for the rest of the season to do exactly what Montreal did. They are going to send out their "goons" to physically attack our players.

Before, the answer was team speed and tenacity. Bednar has been a master of adapting, this season. He's going to have to get the team to counteract the physical play. Actually, it SOUNDS pretty simple. And it starts tomorrow night in St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    All good things must come to an end. And the NHL schedulers certainly screwed us with 3 difficult games in a 4 day period. Montreal isn't a very good team, but they had a good strategy. Montreal had 43 "hits" to Colorado's 23. So the strategy was to out-muscle and intimidate the younger, smaller Avs. And it worked. I look for every team that the Avs face for the rest of the season to do exactly what Montreal did. They are going to send out their "goons" to physically attack our players.

Before, the answer was team speed and tenacity. Bednar has been a master of adapting, this season. He's going to have to get the team to counteract the physical play. Actually, it SOUNDS pretty simple. And it starts tomorrow night in St. Louis.
    That's not really any different than what's plagued this team for the past like 5 years or so since whenever we blew the 2 seed opening round. But I think the coach is better equipped now to counteract it. And not every team is capable of mustering that strategy. Montreal got the benefit of catching us on a back to back at home. I'm sure many Avs were exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    That's not really any different than what's plagued this team for the past like 5 years or so since whenever we blew the 2 seed opening round. But I think the coach is better equipped now to counteract it. And not every team is capable of mustering that strategy. Montreal got the benefit of catching us on a back to back at home. I'm sure many Avs were exhausted.
    I expect the Av's to be a little refreshed when they face St. Louis and come out with a win. We have to expect these bumps in the road; especially coming off of the nightmare season last year.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    I expect the Av's to be a little refreshed when they face St. Louis and come out with a win. We have to expect these bumps in the road; especially coming off of the nightmare season last year.
    We have seen in the past how NHL teams deal with teams like the Avs. They use every form of intimidation and literally beat on our undersized players, and they make a point to go after our best player. We all remember our 2nd Stanley Cup winning season when we won without Peter Forsberg, because Forsberg had been assaulted to the degree that he had to be taken to the hospital and have his Spleen removed.

Who do you go after if you perceive the Avs to be a threat? You go after MacKinnon. You do everything you can do to get him out of the game. MacKinnon will have a target on his back, going forward. When we won the Stanley Cup in 2001, we had enough top NHL talent (Sakic, Bourque, Foote, Tanguay, Hejduk, Roy) to deal with the loss of one of the best players to play in the entire NHL. Now, we don't.

I hope that we can bounce back against St. Louis, but we will face more and more physical pressure and physical "exhaustion.

Now might be a good time to pick up an enforcer type player.... Nashville just put Cody Mac on waivers, do we bring him back in?
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Not a good road trip pre all star break

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Not a good road trip pre all star break
    Not good outcome but I donít feel like Avs played badly tonight just didnít get the goals. Should have Barry back soon

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Not good outcome but I don’t feel like Avs played badly tonight just didn’t get the goals. Should have Barry back soon
    Hopefully they haven't peaked....

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    We have seen in the past how NHL teams deal with teams like the Avs. They use every form of intimidation and literally beat on our undersized players, and they make a point to go after our best player. We all remember our 2nd Stanley Cup winning season when we won without Peter Forsberg, because Forsberg had been assaulted to the degree that he had to be taken to the hospital and have his Spleen removed.

Who do you go after if you perceive the Avs to be a threat? You go after MacKinnon. You do everything you can do to get him out of the game. MacKinnon will have a target on his back, going forward. When we won the Stanley Cup in 2001, we had enough top NHL talent (Sakic, Bourque, Foote, Tanguay, Hejduk, Roy) to deal with the loss of one of the best players to play in the entire NHL. Now, we don't.

I hope that we can bounce back against St. Louis, but we will face more and more physical pressure and physical "exhaustion.
    That didn't take long. Hopefully the shoulder injury is nothing serious.

Guess we are going to lose 10 in a row now.

It appears as though the momentum that the Avs had has faded. I'm hoping they can regroup and not fall out of the playoff race.

Uh mackinnon out 2-4 weeks not good especially after recent losses

The "Ewing Theory" is at work for the Avs. The game was a lot closer than it should have been. And Edmonton's "Goon", Milan Lucic, did everything in his power to end the season for Compher and Lindholm. Hopefully, Karma will catch up to that little scumbag.

Nice win.

A good "semi-sarcastic" article on how Sakic is ruining the NHL because of the Duchene Trade.

https://www.milehighhockey.com/2018/...eadline-rumors

The Avs lost to the Jets, 2-0. And it probably should have been 6-0 with so many Jet shots hitting the Post. Varlamov helped keep the Avs in the game, but the Jets are simply a better team.