Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

Avs win again. Two in a row
    sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2005

Maybe Roy wasn't such a bad coach after all.
      sigpic

Comment

• Bronco51
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Maybe Roy wasn't such a bad coach after all.
        Yeah, he definitely knew something.

Comment

• gtown53
          All-Pro
          • Apr 2008

Great article on how the Avs didn't want to sign Will Butcher, the Hobey-Baker award winner for the National Championship Pioneers, last year, and now Butcher doesn't want to sign with the Avs, this year. LOL And Butcher must be signed by August 15, or he becomes a Free Agent. If Butcher has a brain in his head, and he wouldn't be going to DU if he didn't, he will be waving "buh-bye" in his rear-view mirror to this trainwreck of a Franchise.

Ain't karma a ..................., well, you know.

And now, the Dallas Stars signed Ken Hitchcock. Next up for the Avs? Screwing up the 1st Pick in the upcoming NHL Draft.

Comment

• DenverBlood
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
            Great article on how the Avs didn't want to sign Will Butcher, the Hobey-Baker award winner for the National Championship Pioneers, last year, and now Butcher doesn't want to sign with the Avs, this year. LOL And Butcher must be signed by August 15, or he becomes a Free Agent. If Butcher has a brain in his head, and he wouldn't be going to DU if he didn't, he will be waving "buh-bye" in his rear-view mirror to this trainwreck of a Franchise.

Ain't karma a ..................., well, you know.

And now, the Dallas Stars signed Ken Hitchcock. Next up for the Avs? Screwing up the 1st Pick in the upcoming NHL Draft.
            Don't have to worry about that cuz the NHL lottery is as rigged as the NBA lottery

#1 pick went to the Devils. Avs got screwed all the way down to 4.
            sigpic

Comment

• gtown53
              All-Pro
              • Apr 2008

Yep, the Avs "hit the post" with the Lottery draw.

And they were 22 Points below the 2nd worst team in the NHL. 22 POINTS!!! And 3 teams are Drafting ahead of the Avs? Are you freakin' kidding me? How about this. How about Kroenke moves the Avs to another city, and let's get a "homegrown" Owner, who doesn't have the bad Karma, and get us a new franchise, a la the Las Vegas Golden Knights.

As stated above, the Avs front office insulted Butcher, the Hobey-Baker award winner from the Univ. of Denver, and he's telling the Avs to go pound sand. We had a shot at a "REAL" NHL coach in Ken Hitchcock, and he is now signed as the Dallas Stars Head Coach. And what do the Avs want to do this off-season? They want to trade our best players (Landeskog and Duchene) for some 3rd rate prospects. Just like they did with Stastny and Oreilly.

Just freakin' amazing.

Comment

• gtown53
                All-Pro
                • Apr 2008

Article on how the NHL and their Lottery just screwed the Avalanche.

Does the Colorado Avalanche, finishing 20 points below anybody else in the standings, dropping out of the top 3 in the NHL Entry Draft spell the end of the NHL Draft Lottery?The Colorado Avalanche finished the 2016-17 NHL season with 48 points in the standings. That's 21 points below the seco...

Comment

• Houshmazode
                  The Mountaineer
                  • Sep 2006

The Avalanche protected 11 players, including goalie Semyon Varlamov, and left the likes of goalie Calvin Pickard, forward Mikhail Grigorenko and defenseman Mark Barbario available to the Vegas Gol…

In advance of Wednesday’s NHL expansion draft in Las Vegas, the league announced each team’s protected list Sunday morning. The Avalanche protected 11 players, including goalie Semyon Varlamov, and left the likes of goalie Calvin Pickard, forward Mikhail Grigorenko and defenseman Mark Barbario available to the Vegas Golden Knights.

Each team will lose one player to the Knights.

In alphabetical order according to position, the Avs protected forwards Sven Andrighetto, Blake Comeau, Matt Duchene, Rocco Grimaldi, Gabe Landeskog, Nathan MacKinnon and Matt Nieto; defensemen Tyson Barrie, Erik Johnson and Nikita Zadorov; and Varlamov in net.
                  This is why I don't give a crap about the Avs any more. I can see 5 or 6 players on that list (at least) that I would rather send to the Knights than Pickard, Barberio or even Grigorenko. We should be trying to give Varlamov away. Guy's done now.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

• underrated29
                    Why did the fans get Dumb
                    • Feb 2006

Varly is not done but Comeau sucks
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• gtown53
                      All-Pro
                      • Apr 2008

We are paying Varlamov $6 million/year to be injured. How many surgeries has he had? I know he's had a hip surgery, which might be considered problematic for goalie. But hasn't he had a sports hernia surgery? And we protect him over our young, healthy $1 million dollar a year starting goalie?

So, not only do we not get the Top Pick in the Draft, we lose our starting Goalie, Pickard. SMH

You could get chimpanzees with a dart board who could do a better job than what I see out of the avs front office.

Frankly, I can hardly wait to see the Vegas team completely outclass the Avs next season. Now maybe Sakic can trade Landeskog or Duchene, as he did with Oreilly and Stastny, for some cheap "prospects".
                      Last edited by gtown53; 06-21-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• underrated29
                        Why did the fans get Dumb
                        • Feb 2006

I do not disagree about the FO

BUt we did not trade Stats. We lost him via FA. We thought we were going to get him and we didnt. As for RoR- we had no choice but to trade him. We got some good players from it too. JT is going to be a boss for us and Zadorov already was making huge strides in a position we needed it the worst. He is our best defenceman right now imo. I forgot who we took with the pick we got. Griggy sucks. He could be all world but he is afraid of contact and is lazy. He was a toss in. We made out pretty well in the ror trade, especially since we were going to lose him.
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• gtown53
                          All-Pro
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                          I do not disagree about the FO

BUt we did not trade Stats. We lost him via FA. We thought we were going to get him and we didnt. As for RoR- we had no choice but to trade him. We got some good players from it too. JT is going to be a boss for us and Zadorov already was making huge strides in a position we needed it the worst. He is our best defenceman right now imo. I forgot who we took with the pick we got. Griggy sucks. He could be all world but he is afraid of contact and is lazy. He was a toss in. We made out pretty well in the ror trade, especially since we were going to lose him.
                          I don't totally disagree with all your points.

I can't count the number of times I saw Zadorov literally score goals for the opposing team, last season, through an errant pass to an opposing player in front of the net, or by losing the puck through a loss of concentration. He single-handedly lost the Avs several games. Will he grow out of that and be a Defenseman that the Avs can count on? Maybe. But, not so far.

Stastny is gone, for nothing, because we didn't want to pay him. We didn't' want to pay a team leader. St. Louis did pay Stastny, and how has it worked out for their team and their Cap situation? St. Louis finished with 51 Points ahead of the Avs. The Avs didn't even finish the season with 51 total Points.

And we were going to lose Oreilly? Why? Because we couldn't afford him? Because we didn't have the Cap space? Because we didn't want to pay him? Because he wanted the hell off of this team, and told the team as much?

If you can't find a way to keep your best players, then any NHL team is going to find themselves 20 Points behind the 2nd worst team in the league. And now, we are trying to dump Duchene. SMH

Comment

• Blondie79
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2007

Avs picking up where they left off I see ...

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                              Avs picking up where they left off I see ...
                              It's only preseason.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Blondie79
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                It's only preseason.
                                I get that but I don't have any optimism going into this season ..

Comment

Working...
                                X