Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Who couldn't see this coming. The Avs beaten by a lowly expansion team. An expansion team that's already light-years ahead of the Avs in skilled players, team play, and coaching.

Calvin Pickard, our starting Goalie who the Avs Front Office decided not to protect, must be the happiest goalie on the face of this planet.

Time for the NHL to step in and force the kroenke's to either sell the Franchise, or force them to find some level of responsible management in a complete Front Office house-cleaning.

Seriously. Can't believe the over reactions to a pointless preseason game.

I don't expect much this year. But good grief the game doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Seriously. Can't believe the over reactions to a pointless preseason game.

I don't expect much this year. But good grief the game doesn't matter.
    Not really an over reaction at least from me, they did pick up where they left off lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Not really an over reaction at least from me, they did pick up where they left off lol
    Well ok forgive me. Technically you are not wrong.

But for Gtown to go on his rant I feel is an over reaction.

The Avs announcers reminded me of Bob Uecker in the beginning of the movie, "Major League". Their rationalizing comments throughout the game, and their pathetic "softball" questions to Joe Sakic, were absolutely hilarious.

Frankly, I can hardly wait for the Avs to meet the Las Vegas team in the regular season. You see, "Expansion Teams" are SUPPOSED to be worse than established teams. It will be a good indication of where the Avs are.

For Denver Blood's benefit, I'll try to hold back a little bit until that day comes ............................... in about a month!
    Last edited by gtown53; 09-20-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Good win on road to open season

Great start to the season

The Avs finished last season 20 Points behind the 2nd worse team in the NHL. 20 POINTS!!! And because of the NHL's "fixed" Draft Lottery, the worst team in the NHL got the 4th Pick in the Draft instead of the 1st Pick. And the 1st Pick, Nico Hischier, who should be playing on the Avs team, helped New Jersey beat the Avs, yesterday. That's along with New Jersey Defenseman Will Butcher who, according to the Avs Front Office, isn't good enough to play for the Avs. The idea behind the lottery was to prevent teams from "tanking", on purpose. Anyone who saw the Avs play last year knows that the University of Denver has a better team than the Avalanche.

I think it's time for the NHL to intervene and make certain that Joe Sakic doesn't "give away" Duchene, like Sakic gave away Ryan Oreilly (for next to nothing) and Paul Stastny. for absolutely nothing. And if nobody want to make a legitimate offer for Duchene, then the Avalanche should be forced by the NHL to keep him. The Avs biggest problem is that they have a lack of talent on the team. I don't see how trading your best player, just for the sake of trading him, helps a team with very little talent.

With that being said, the Avs did look a little better than I expected in the 1st game. Not so much in Game 2.

Avs just won in Boston.

2-1 start to the season and all on the east coast.

Good road trip to start season!

Man the Avs look different this year (I kno itís early) but they look fast and strong showing good hustle to puck, something I thought they lacked last year, they donít look lethargic

Smoking Boston again!!

Yikes come on Avs

Last year we would have given up that 4th goal

Good show for Pepsi center for home opener

Last year we would have given up that 4th goal

Good show for Pepsi center for home opener
    I was thinking this myself. The D and goaltending was very atrocious third period last year. Seems for at least one game theyíve improved that. Letís hope they can keep that up this year.

They didnít blow so many games last year that we could claim playoffs without them. But they maybe donít finish worst in the league by 20 points with better third period showings.

I hope this isnít a false hope start to the year and this offense is for real.