Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I LOVE this rookie class!

I'm a big fan of Simmons, McGregor, and Parks... just watched their interviews and came away very impressed with all of them.

-McGregor definitely has an edge to him. He has a little bit of nasty and is an absolute beat. Very strong.

-Parks has a nasty swagger to him. The kid is jacked and is super hungry. TJ has definitely been rubbing off on him.

-Simmons seems so smart and is really taking everything in stride. I wouldn't be surprised if he was calling plays in the defensive huddle in a year or two.

-Booker made a statement as soon as he came in. Threatening to take jobs. He's ticked he got drafted as low as he did. If the kid can stay healthy... I think he's going to be a punishing running back.

-Gotsis almost seems like a clone of Derek Wolfe. Gym rat. Nasty. If he heals well, he should do great

-Lynch is the only one I'm not super high on to this point. I really hope he gets to that really high "ceiling" everyone keeps talking about.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 07-26-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Lynch is the one I like the most because he was the perfect pick for the situation the Broncos were facing. I had an idea that Elway would be interested in Lynch because he's an upgraded version of the 2012 Brock Osweiler.

Gotsis was an outside-the-box pick, but I'm willing to trust the group of people that selected Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson. Wolfe himself was a criticized, outside-the-box pick at the time when "hype" guys like Jerel Worthy and Devon Still were available.

I like how Simmons and Parks talk. They seem to have the necessary maturity and work ethic. I won't get too excited with speeches because Alphonso Smith also was an impressive talker but could not handle the NFL.

As someone who really wants to see the classic Broncos' I-formation/ZBS/play-action offense back at full strength, I really liked the addition of a FB and some draft guys were endorsing Andy Janovich as the #1 FB in this class.

The pick I like the least is Riley Dixon just because I was unimpressed by his leg strength when I watched his videos. I understand Colquitt may be a cap casualty, but I don't see the value in spending a draft pick on a punter with average kicking power. Just sign an UDFA if that's the case. Hopefully Dixon will be good with hang time and directional punting. I do like how athletic he is to run fake punts. This part of his game can ceetainly become a weapon for the Broncos.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

What I love about this draft is that almost any of them could end up being the best out of the class.

With Kenny Anunike starting camp on the PUP list, I hope Gotsis can develop fast enough to make an impact.

Not sure if the Broncos are being cautious with Anunike or if he had a set back. In June he said he would be ready for camp. For his sake maybe they are being cautious and he'll be ready to participate soon.

Come on Gotsis!

Quote Originally Posted by osfantaztic View Post
    With Kenny Anunike starting camp on the PUP list, I hope Gotsis can develop fast enough to make an impact.

Not sure if the Broncos are being cautious with Anunike or if he had a set back. In June he said he would be ready for camp. For his sake maybe they are being cautious and he'll be ready to participate soon.

Come on Gotsis!
    It concerns me that we haven't heard a word on Gotsis recovery from ACL surgery. I assume that we'll hear more about Gotsis AND Booker when Training Camp starts. I have a gut feeling that Gotsis may be a candidate for the IR, not only because of his injury, but because of how raw he is. I hope I'm wrong.

But, we will be getting a lot of answers about several injured players like Okung, Sambrailo, Gotsis, and Booker in the first week of Training Camp. There's no hiding at that point.

Shouldn't Gotsis be on the PUP list if he's not ready to go? I though he'd be on it, but apparently Anunike is the only name there.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

they all reported to camp yesterday so that's a good thing and the vets report the day after tomorrow it will be a great year

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    The pick I like the least is Riley Dixon just because I was unimpressed by his leg strength when I watched his videos. I understand Colquitt may be a cap casualty, but I don't see the value in spending a draft pick on a punter with average kicking power. Just sign an UDFA if that's the case. Hopefully Dixon will be good with hang time and directional punting. I do like how athletic he is to run fake punts. This part of his game can ceetainly become a weapon for the Broncos.
    He may have average leg power, but there's a couple of things to think about. He's increased his distance each year. There's no reason to think that time in the NFL won't at least see an increase for one or two seasons. Then you have to add in the altitude factor. Considering he already averaged more yards per punt than Britton did last year, that's nice.

Now, you did give him a bit of credit with his hang time, but I'm not sure you're truly giving him the full credit it warrants. He had a ridiculous 42.4 percent of his punts fair caught last year! For comparison, Pat was the top rated punter this season and had only 27% of his fair caught. Or if we want to just compare him to our own punter, he had 19% of his fair caught. And I believe the Seahawks punter has the best ratio of fair catches at 30%. Just so you know how incredible that 42.4% is. So, even though he doesn't have the strongest leg he isn't giving up as many returns which means less chances for big plays. On top of that he only had 9 punts for touchbacks in the last two seasons. He is excellent as downing punts inside the 20. What's the matter between averaging 3-4 yards less than the best power legs when his net average will be amongst the best with how little people return punts on him?

Now, maybe he won't perform well with the NFL pressure. But, I think he will. My only real point is how big of a deal hang time actually is in the NFL. As long as you're punting the average distance with that hang time. Give him 44 yards, minimal returns, and the ability to pen people inside the 10 and I'll be happy with a 7th rounder used on a punter.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 07-25-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    He may have average leg power, but there's a couple of things to think about. He's increased his distance each year. There's no reason to think that time in the NFL won't at least see an increase for one or two seasons. Then you have to add in the altitude factor. Considering he already averaged more yards per punt than Britton did last year, that's nice.

Now, you did give him a bit of credit with his hang time, but I'm not sure you're truly giving him the full credit it warrants. He had a ridiculous 42.4 percent of his punts fair caught last year! For comparison, Pat was the top rated punter this season and had only 27% of his fair caught. Or if we want to just compare him to our own punter, he had 19% of his fair caught. And I believe the Seahawks punter has the best ratio of fair catches at 30%. Just so you know how incredible that 42.4% is. So, even though he doesn't have the strongest leg he isn't giving up as many returns which means less chances for big plays. On top of that he only had 9 punts for touchbacks in the last two seasons. He is excellent as downing punts inside the 20. What's the matter between averaging 3-4 yards less than the best power legs when his net average will be amongst the best with how little people return punts on him?

Now, maybe he won't perform well with the NFL pressure. But, I think he will. My only real point is how big of a deal hang time actually is in the NFL. As long as you're punting the average distance with that hang time. Give him 44 yards, minimal returns, and the ability to pen people inside the 10 and I'll be happy with a 7th rounder used on a punter.
    Not to mention you're usually sacrificing distance for hang time.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Not to mention you're usually sacrificing distance for hang time.
    Yeah, thanks! I was trying to imply that but I should have used that actual saying.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Lynch is the one I like the most because he was the perfect pick for the situation the Broncos were facing. I had an idea that Elway would be interested in Lynch because he's an upgraded version of the 2012 Brock Osweiler.

Gotsis was an outside-the-box pick, but I'm willing to trust the group of people that selected Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson. Wolfe himself was a criticized, outside-the-box pick at the time when "hype" guys like Jerel Worthy and Devon Still were available.

I like how Simmons and Parks talk. They seem to have the necessary maturity and work ethic. I won't get too excited with speeches because Alphonso Smith also was an impressive talker but could not handle the NFL.

As someone who really wants to see the classic Broncos' I-formation/ZBS/play-action offense back at full strength, I really liked the addition of a FB and some draft guys were endorsing Andy Janovich as the #1 FB in this class.

Ill give uo a few yards per punt IF they always have to fair catch it because of hang time. Or to be able lay it up inside the ten like he is a golf pro getting back spin on the green.

It is always about flipping the field.

My dislike about colquit is his inconsistent punting. Booming one and the. When you HAVE TO have a good on shanking it for -5 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    Ill give uo a few yards per punt IF they always have to fair catch it because of hang time. Or to be able lay it up inside the ten like he is a golf pro getting back spin on the green.

It is always about flipping the field.

My dislike about colquit is his inconsistent punting. Booming one and the. When you HAVE TO have a good on shanking it for -5 yards.
    Agreed! Idk if you saw my post above. But, Dixon had a fair catch percentage of 42.4. The best in the NFL at this is the Seahawks punter at 30%! And he also only had 9 punts go for touchbacks.

Agreed! Idk if you saw my post above. But, Dixon had a fair catch percentage of 42.4. The best in the NFL at this is the Seahawks punter at 30%! And he also only had 9 punts go for touchbacks.
    Give me that guy that can hang them up Any Day let the coverage make them nervous and force some flubs. That menas turnovers. Usually deep in their territory.

Keep that team starting iside their 20 consistently and some times inside their ten and odds are they are going to nvee score from that deep.

Gives Von and Ware time to tee off and go for it.

Yea, I forgot about the Punter we drafted.

Also, the FB from Nebraska. He seems small for a FB, but 32 reps at his size is incredible. Obviously he is really strong. 6'1, 225... he almost seems like he would be a good RB. I hope he ends up working out well. He seems to run and catch pretty darn well too!

Against college players. That's not to say he won't do well pro, but bear that in mind. Your numbers are always going to be far better in college than they are once you hit the NFL.