Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Broncos training camp position battles: Running back

Did anyone hear about a roster change this morning?

Mike Evans said he had an update on a very important roster change or move this morning on 1043 the fan.

However I had to sit through what seemed like a fiveminute commercial break and then when they finally came back on air to talk about this roster change, mark schlereth Took up all the time plugging his stupid ridiculous chili.

Man that guy can be annoying but anyway I had to return to work and didn't get to hear what the update was about, does anybody know what they're talking about or did anybody hear anything about a roster move this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Saw on reddit, cutting OG Sam Brenner, signning OL Mathu Gibson. Per Mike Klis twitter feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    An article was put out today by MHR. It's speculative and it's TC fluff, but I noticed one tweet in the article that caught my eye:

@IanStClair
    Not a good sign: Hillman keeps getting tackled in non tackling drills at #BroncosCamp.

https://twitter.com/IanStClair/statu...22033096617984

Here's the article.
    Last edited by Peanut; 04-01-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

There's nothing posted on the website or on their FB page yet.

I haven't seen anything. A very important roster change could be a variety of things. For instance, they could be just putting Booker at #2. Or they could be cutting Hillman to give him a chance to catch on with another team and going CJ/Booker/Bibbs at RB with Janovich/Thompson at FB.

Saw on reddit, cutting OG Sam Brenner, signning OL Mathu Gibson. Per Mike Klis twitter feed.

An article was put out today by MHR. It's speculative and it's TC fluff, but I noticed one tweet in the article that caught my eye:

@IanStClair
    Not a good sign: Hillman keeps getting tackled in non tackling drills at #BroncosCamp.

Here's the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Odd. Is that a very important roster change?

@IanStClair

Here's the article.
    Wow..........!

@IanStClair

Here's the article.
    From the article,

"Hes also dealt with a back injury after he got slammed by Zaire Anderson on Sunday."

It goes on to state that Anderson, Booker and Bibbs will be our RBs.

I was really hoping R. Hillman would find his groove since I viewed him as a home run threat.
    It looks like he's on his way out. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    From the article,

"Hes also dealt with a back injury after he got slammed by Zaire Anderson on Sunday."

It goes on to state that Anderson, Booker and Bibbs will be our RBs.

I was really hoping R. Hillman would find his groove since I viewed him as a home run threat.
    It looks like he's on his way out. Sigh.
    Speed is not everything like so many think.

In order to use speed you have to be smart enough to get open. After how many years just how many long runs has he had.

not enough to make a difference.

I'd guess if fox would have been here last year here he would have been gone then.

I would actually be relieved to see Hillman cut, the guy is our new Lance Ball. Not completely terrible but consistently average or below average, yet the coaches seen to see something I dont. He isn't very shifty, straight line speed is his only true weapon, which doesn't get it done in the NFL.

Ronnie Hillman led the Broncos in Rushing, last season, with 863 yards. He was 14th in the league in Rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Ronnie Hillman led the Broncos in Rushing, last season, with 863 yards. He was 14th in the league in Rushing.
    So? How many TDs? How many big runs?

Better yet how many TFL? Or NO GAIN?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    Speed is not everything like so many think.

In order to use speed you have to be smart enough to get open. After how many years just how many long runs has he had.

not enough to make a difference.

I'd guess if fox would have been here last year here he would have been gone then.
    Good point, plus there's a difference between speed and game speed. Lots of players time great in the 40 and play slow. Lots of HOF calibre players time slow but play fast. TD timed slow and played fast, as an RB example.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Good point, plus there's a difference between speed and game speed. Lots of players time great in the 40 and play slow. Lots of HOF calibre players time slow but play fast. TD timed slow and played fast, as an RB example.
    CJ Anderson clocked some pretty pedestrian times. But can run hard.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    How much of that is Kubiak, for some reason, firmly implanting him in the "starter" role?