Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    USA & Michael Phelps crushing it in the pool tonight.

USA women's gymnastics team crushing it in the gym.
    Awesome.

I was wondering why Phelps started laughing during the National Anthem. Leave it to Marylanders.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

USA & Michael Phelps crushing it in the pool tonight.

Huge respect to them!
    Those floor routines by the U.S Women were a treat.

I read an article that said that our women gymnastic team winning by 8.20 points is equivalent to winning an NFL game by 7 touchdowns.

Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I read an article that said that our women gymnastic team winning by 8.20 points is equivalent to winning an NFL game by 7 touchdowns.

I know. They were incredible last night. Before Simone Biles took to the floor and did her routine, they said she only needed a score of 7 something, which was the equivalent of her just getting out there and not getting injured. Absolutely crazy. They were flawless. Don't know where the judges kept finding all these deductions. But who cares, they bring home the gold.

What I was impressed by was their level of support for each other and their sportsmanship. Usually women's gymnastics to me comes off as phony towards their team mates, but not this group. They seems genuinely happy for each other.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

How do you put together a basketball team with that many good players and then just have them shoot threes the entire time? Coach Kruh-zoo-ski is so overrated. His Dook teams constantly rely on the three, and when that fails they lose. It appears he's decided that's how his olympic basketball team will play as well, despite the fact they should be able to completely dominating in every facet of the game. The US team took 87 shots today/night and 39 of them were from beyond the arc. At times they had all 5 players outside the arc not even trying to do anything inside.

The US should win gold because they have the most talent (by far) but just like when Dook loses to Mercer or Lehigh, if the US gets cold from 3 and they run into a team that's hot from 3, they could run into trouble.

Worst interview question ever:

NBA game between USA/AUS

First real test for USA. Kyrie Irving came up big along with Carmelo.

Question:

Kyrie- "this was the first big test for the US tonight and the team had their backs against the wall a little bit. "How did you stay so mature throughout the game?

Kyrie just looked at her like she landed on earth from another planet. "How did I stay so mature?

I don't even remember his answer because I was laughing so hard.

That basketball game was pretty close. I expect better from The US. Maybe that was the wake up call.

Kerry Walsh-Jennings/April Ross do it again in Beach volleyball. Got a great challenge from the SUI. Lost their first set in 4 Olympics, which is incredible but win the match in 3 sets.

Excellent day for team GB yesterday. A first ever gold in diving and a somewhat unexpected gold in kayaking.
    I was incredibly impressed by Max Whitlock's bronze in the individual all round gymnastics. This was the first medal since 1908 for GB in the all round. Even CanDB wasn't born then

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Excellent day for team GB yesterday. A first ever gold in diving and a somewhat unexpected gold in kayaking.
    I was incredibly impressed by Max Whitlock's bronze in the individual all round gymnastics. This was the first medal since 1908 for GB in the all round. Even CanDB wasn't born then
    I would have liked to have watched it. It seems all NBC shows is Gymnastics, Swimming and Beach Volleyball as if there are no other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I would have liked to have watched it. It seems all NBC shows is Gymnastics, Swimming and Beach Volleyball as if there are no other sports.
    Gotta say, we get quite a good range of sports from the Beeb over here to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    How do you put together a basketball team with that many good players and then just have them shoot threes the entire time? Coach Kruh-zoo-ski is so overrated. His Dook teams constantly rely on the three, and when that fails they lose. It appears he's decided that's how his olympic basketball team will play as well, despite the fact they should be able to completely dominating in every facet of the game. The US team took 87 shots today/night and 39 of them were from beyond the arc. At times they had all 5 players outside the arc not even trying to do anything inside.

The US should win gold because they have the most talent (by far) but just like when Dook loses to Mercer or Lehigh, if the US gets cold from 3 and they run into a team that's hot from 3, they could run into trouble.
    Our mens basketball team should be smoking every team just like our womens team is. No excuse to be losing at halftime to Australia. Coach K needs a better game plan than "24 feet out and chuck it".
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Our Canadian women are putting on an impressive display in the pool! And two quality 16 year olds bodes well for our future! Gals rocked in Rugby as well, and are pretty sharp so far in soccer and basketball!

Cmon boys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Jawsie how dare you make fun!!! You know I had my driver's license by then, and already had my first computer!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Jawsie how dare you make fun!!! You know I had my driver's license by then, and already had my first computer!
    : lol:
    What were the message boards like back then I wonder