Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    That's what I thought just from memory. But, Jeff wasn't in the middle was he? Lol because if so, I'd say that's strange.
    Yeah that is kind of strange. I'll have to rewatch the game when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Looks like Heuerman missed his block on the FG however, looks like he was going to block on the inside then missed the player coming from the outside. It is hard to say as I could not see the block with the camera angle.

On that late drive Heuerman caught a pass from Siemian. Then Siemian missed Heuerman wide outside on the next play.

Watching the game again, Heuerman had a potential touchdown on that endzone throw to Jordan Taylor. All four receivers ran vertical routes and Heuerman was wide open:

I'm sure it will show up when they watch the film and Siemian will see there was an opportunity there.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Watching the game again, Heuerman had a potential touchdown on that endzone throw to Jordan Taylor. All four receivers ran vertical routes and Heuerman was wide open:

I'm sure it will show up when they watch the film and Siemian will see there was an opportunity there.
    Was there a safety overtop of him though? Not implying you're wrong. Just noticed that there's only 9 defenders in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Was there a safety overtop of him though? Not implying you're wrong. Just noticed that there's only 9 defenders in the picture.
    Yes, but too deep in the endzone, nowhere near Heuerman to make a stop before he's in the endzone:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Yes, but too deep in the endzone, nowhere near Heuerman to make a stop before he's in the endzone:

Yeah Heuerman was wide open on that play. But hey that's what preseason is for, learning strengths and weaknesses of each player. Thank you so much for the play stills Rod. They're really helpful in breaking down each play. Are you using a program for these?

Rod thanks for posting the photos. Is that the same route Daniels ran for the 1st TD in the AFCCG?

I finally found the play. It was in fact Jeff's fault. The guy came right inside of him because Jeff looked unsure if he was supposed to block him or the outside guy. However, it's his first game ever. It wasn't as if he was just physically beat on the play. It's something that's easily fixed. I can almost guarantee he won't make the same mistake again. Almost.

Yeah that was on Jeff. I mean, he had 2 guys to deal with and I don't know what the general rule is, but I do know he's got to at least block one of them. He ended up whiffing on both.

It seems to me, if you're on the edge in FG play like that and have to choose between 2 rushers to block you gotta take the inside guy. The outside guy is at least further away and has to travel further to get to the kicking area.

Why Jeff had to deal with 2 guys might have been a mistake on the lineman to his right - that I dunno either. But Jeff's got to at least block someone.

I hope you're right though. Hopefully he learns and it doesn't happen again. Believe me I want the guy to succeed. I just was put off by a lot of what I saw last night and that included some body language. Hope he just gets to working hard and letting his talent show through.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Yeah that was on Jeff. I mean, he had 2 guys to deal with and I don't know what the general rule is, but I do know he's got to at least block one of them. He ended up whiffing on both.

It seems to me, if you're on the edge in FG play like that and have to choose between 2 rushers to block you gotta take the inside guy. The outside guy is at least further away and has to travel further to get to the kicking area.

Why Jeff had to deal with 2 guys might have been a mistake on the lineman to his right - that I dunno either. But Jeff's got to at least block someone.

I hope you're right though. Hopefully he learns and it doesn't happen again. Believe me I want the guy to succeed. I just was put off by a lot of what I saw last night and that included some body language. Hope he just gets to working hard and letting his talent show through.
    Yes, the rule on kicking is that the inside guy is more important. But, yes. I wouldn't worry too much based on two plays. Now, the body language thing can be worrisome. I didn't have a great feed while watching and just generally didn't notice his body language, so I'll have to take your word for something being up with that.

Well, a whole forum page on the subject feels like more attention than it deserves maybe. There was so much good and great in that game we all gotta feel pretty darn good about it. Like I said, that was about the only thing I could even pick out that was not positive.

I'm already looking forward to the next game . I'm gonna leave this in holding pattern till we see what's done this week.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Are you using a program for these?
    I'm using Game Pass, 7-day free trial.

Quote Originally Posted by osfantaztic View Post
    Rod thanks for posting the photos. Is that the same route Daniels ran for the 1st TD in the AFCCG?
    Similar, but Daniels ran a quick fake to the inside before going deep. Heuerman just went vertical from the start.

I'm using Game Pass, 7-day free trial.

Similar, but Daniels ran a quick fake to the inside before going deep. Heuerman just went vertical from the start.
    Thanks. That was a great fake!

Here are some nice pics from the game:

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/12...nfl-preseason/

Bennie Fowler...fractured elbow and will be out for a few weeks.