• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ksubroncosfan
    Playmaker
    • Dec 2015

Question over Colorado High School State Playoffs

Hi, I'm not sure how often people look at this section of the boards. But, I was just curious on how something works in Colorado compared to other states.

I've grown up in Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and Missouri.

In Kansas (in my opinion, the worst system) they play all of their state championships at the same time, 1 p.m., at a different location throughout the state. Not even at Kansas or Kansas state. Just random small college stadiums and one or two nice high school fields.

In Missouri they all play at the Ram's Edward Jones dome. However, I'm not sure what they're doing now that the Rams moved. I'd be interested in knowing that too. It's sweet, but super big so it doesn't get filled that well.

In Nebraska they all play at memorial stadium. Also very big so it doesn't get filled. But it's still awesome for kids to experience playing at this stadium.

And then Iowa, which is my personal favorite out of the four. I may be biased because I got to play there twice in high school. But, it's played all played at the UNI dome. Very nice dome, but I loved the atmosphere because it's small enough that the entire stands were full for my games played there.

I love when they play all of the state championships at one place because you can watch a lot of great football.

So, I was curious what Colorado did for their state championships? Do they play at different stadiums or at mile high or what goes on? I tried looking it up somewhere else, but couldn't find it.
  • brianmcfarlane
    Football Immortal
    • Dec 2012

The last few years the Colorado state championships have been played at Mile High Stadium on the anonymous field.
    sigpic

Comment

• ksubroncosfan
      Playmaker
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
      The last few years the Colorado state championships have been played at Mile High Stadium on the anonymous field.
      Is that every class? And what do you mean on the anonymous field? I'm unfamiliar with this.

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
        Football Immortal
        • Dec 2012

I'm kidding about the field. Sports Authority is the current name but they have filed bankruptcy and have lost the naming rights. 4a and 5a played there on a Saturday the last 2 seasons, I'm not sure about the other classes ... It looks like 3a was not played there, it was played on the same day in Pueblo. So only the top 2 classes play at Mile High Stadium and yet to be announced field.
        sigpic

Comment

• ksubroncosfan
          Playmaker
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
          I'm kidding about the field. Sports Authority is the current name but they have filed bankruptcy and have lost the naming rights. 4a and 5a played there on a Saturday the last 2 seasons, I'm not sure about the other classes ... It looks like 3a was not played there, it was played on the same day in Pueblo. So only the top 2 classes play at Mile High Stadium and yet to be announced field.
          Oh duh! I didn't catch it, my bad lol. But thanks! That's weird that they only play the top two classes there.

Comment

Working...
          X