Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting QB

Starting QB

This is still muddy water . The defense tried to save Sanchez as they did PM many times last year . This could go all the way thru preseason until we find out who's gonna start . To me Sanchez plays better then TS until the pressure boils over then he chokes . Heck if Lynch can play as good as the other guys let him start the next 2 preseason games and see what he can do. When Carr came in he wasn't supposed to be the starter but in camp shaub couldn't separate himself then got dinged up and Carr never looked back.

Put me in coach!

But on a real note, it worries me with how Trevor responded AFTER the pick six.

That was a bad throw by Siemian but it's the same mistake Sanchez made last week. He waited too long, if he doesn't have that hitch and throws at the top of his drop, that's a TD for DT.

All in all were about to see what Lynch can do. Down 7 at halftime, let's see if he can put some drives together and win this one. If he does then I think he puts himself squarely into the QB convo

Need to go sign Ingles Martin

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    That was a bad throw by Siemian but it's the same mistake Sanchez made last week. He waited too long, if he doesn't have that hitch and throws at the top of his drop, that's a TD for DT.

All in all were about to see what Lynch can do. Down 7 at halftime, let's see if he can put some drives together and win this one. If he does then I think he puts himself squarely into the QB convo
    It was a bad throw because he failed to recognize the coverage. It wasn't like they even attempted to disguise it. It was either going to be cover 2 or cover 4 most likely there based on the way they were set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Need to go sign Ingles Martin

Can we give Favre a call??

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It was a bad throw because he failed to recognize the coverage. It wasn't like they even attempted to disguise it. It was either going to be cover 2 or cover 4 most likely there based on the way they were set up.
    That can be coached and corrected though, Sanchez's fumbles can't, it is what it is he's a fumble machine.

Paxton Lynch played really well. But he did not play with the first team however. But I think Trevor S will be the starter in week 1 unless Mark keeps it or Lynch does really well.
    Ready for Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    That can be coached and corrected though, Sanchez's fumbles can't, it is what it is he's a fumble machine.
    I wasn't debating for mark over Trevor or anything. I have no idea at all who I want lol. I'm pretty much 100% on the side of whoever Kubiak goes with.

I had been on the Mark Sanchez experience train, but you just can't justify 3 turnovers in less than 4 quarters of total game action. Especially when the mindset going into this season for the QB is manage the game and eliminate turnovers.

I wasn't debating for mark over Trevor or anything. I have no idea at all who I want lol. I'm pretty much 100% on the side of whoever Kubiak goes with.
    Everybody here will hate me for saying this, but let's give Peyton a call.

I don't see how that changes anything, both of those coverages have the safety dropping deep. Siemian came out throwing short, Eric Reid keyed in on it when he came back out. Without that hitch, that ball gets by Reid and there's no safety there to stop him from taking it to the house. But that's a young QB mistake, he still wants to see them open instead of anticipating it. It's something that is correctable though. Would like to see him incorporate some pump fakes if he's going to be hesitant like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
    I had been on the Mark Sanchez experience train, but you just can't justify 3 turnovers in less than 4 quarters of total game action. Especially when the mindset going into this season for the QB is manage the game and eliminate turnovers.
    No sugar coating it, outside a couple good throws Sanchez has been awful so far.

I really don't see how he can be named the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Paxton Lynch played really well. But he did not play with the first team however. But I think Trevor S will be the starter in week 1 unless Mark keeps it or Lynch does really well.
    Not so sure about that. Trevor had 0 throws over 10 yards today. Captain check down coupled with falling apart after his INT makes me believe he is not ready.