Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting QB

Sanchez is way overpaid at $4M a year. He needs to be cut

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Not so sure about that. Trevor had 0 throws over 10 yards today. Captain check down coupled with falling apart after his INT makes me believe he is not ready.
    He's done a complete 180 from last preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Not so sure about that. Trevor had 0 throws over 10 yards today. Captain check down coupled with falling apart after his INT makes me believe he is not ready.
    Honestly, none of these guys look ready, the QB situation looks kinda dire at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don't see how that changes anything, both of those coverages have the safety dropping deep. Siemian came out throwing short, Eric Reid keyed in on it when he came back out. Without that hitch, that ball gets by Reid and there's no safety there to stop him from taking it to the house. But that's a young QB mistake, he still wants to see them open instead of anticipating it. It's something that is correctable though. Would like to see him incorporate some pump fakes if he's going to be hesitant like that.
    No, cover 4 has some leniency.

When you have a two receiver set on your side, as the safety, you're reading 2 to 1. So when the number 2 receiver crosses the formation, you lock your eyes onto the number 1 receiver. Since the receiver ran some type of dig/stop (can't remember the exact route he ran off the top of my head) about 10 yards deep in front of the safety, it was very easy for that safety to jump the route in cover 4. In cover 2, there is a chance that the safety would have taken himself farther to the sideline to begin the play, so he may not have been able to get there. But the linebacker may have. So I wonder if he read cover 2 and thought the LB didn't make it there.

I do agree that it is very fixable though. But I disagree that it was automatically a touchdown if he doesn't hitch. You don't know how Reid would have played it if the ball was out sooner.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 08-20-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    Sanchez is way overpaid at $4M a year. He needs to be cut
    At this moment I don't see the point of keeping him on the roster, because keeping him means another talented player may get cut.

Seimian has had one poor throw so far. Sanchez has had three turnovers, two in the span of less than a minute. Lynch looks good, but he doesn't know the playbook well enough to start the season. We need to go with Seimian.

Quote Originally Posted by 80stheman View Post
    Seimian has had one poor throw so far. Sanchez has had three turnovers, two in the span of less than a minute. Lynch looks good, but he doesn't know the playbook well enough to start the season. We need to go with Seimian.
    I am Team whoeverkubiakdecides. But, Trevor seemed to lose that composed look to him after the int. That's worrisome.

And remember, this will be a run first team. Kubiak is having them sling the ball around in the preseason to see what they can do, but in the regular season, the RBs will be the focus of the game plan. The QB who makes the fewest mistakes will start. Right now, that's Seimian.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    That was a bad throw by Siemian but it's the same mistake Sanchez made last week. He waited too long, if he doesn't have that hitch and throws at the top of his drop, that's a TD for DT.

All in all were about to see what Lynch can do. Down 7 at halftime, let's see if he can put some drives together and win this one. If he does then I think he puts himself squarely into the QB convo
    Those two plays weren't similar. The Sanchez pick in week 1 was an open receiver, corner came off his man to make a play because Sanchez held it too long. The Siemian pick was a safety because Siemian locked in on Thomas and stared him down. But just like I was willing to give Sanchez the benefit last week, I think Siemian will learn from that, and it's not something that should derail his starting chances. However the way he responded afterwards worries me. I want to see a guy come out with confidence and slinging it again, shake it off, Siemian didn't do that.

I'm only half way through the second quarter, don't know how Sanchez's time will unfold, so far nothing remarkable either way. Actually the play to Taylor was nice.

This is what will likely happen, Siemian has been the most consistent at moving the ball overall. Though I think his leash will be fairly short.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I am Team whoeverkubiakdecides. But, Trevor seemed to lose that composed look to him after the int. That's worrisome.
    That's true, he did seem to get rattled. I'm betting that was an anomaly.

And remember, this will be a run first team. Kubiak is having them sling the ball around in the preseason to see what they can do, but in the regular season, the RBs will be the focus of the game plan. The QB who makes the fewest mistakes will start. Right now, that's Seimian.
    Does quality of mistake count? jk lol

It was a bad throw because he failed to recognize the coverage. It wasn't like they even attempted to disguise it. It was either going to be cover 2 or cover 4 most likely there based on the way they were set up.
    Looked like cover 2, and the Broncos were running a double in concept against it. The first in should clear things for the second in, Siemian locked on to Thomas, nothing to push the safety deep, he made the read and it was over.

That's true, he did seem to get rattled. I'm betting that was an anomaly.
    As of now, it's our first look at that with him having a chance to start. So, it's too early to call it an anomaly.

Does quality of mistake count? jk lol
    Well, a pick 6 is bad....