Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Really don't think the Rams D is the same one of the last few years. Looks like they've finally lost too much to still be nasty.
    Saw them in person tonight, that dline is still good. Donald is a terror and Easley looks good too. Their secondary is weak and aside from Ogletree they're weak at LB. But our oline will struggle big time

There are a few things we have to take into consideration from the game last night.

Okung and Weems exited early. Okung is building up and Weems was concussed. Otherwise the starting line is incrementally improving.

With Kubiak wanting to assess the QBs the offense passed 57 snaps vs. 21 run. 73% pass when taking out 4 QB runs. On one hand you give the QBs more opportunities to throw - you also increase the odds for turnovers.

Siemian's INT wasn't the issue in my opinion - it happens. Drew Brees threw an INT last night on a similar route. The concerns are two fold, the way he reacted in the next series and the constant check downs. Now maybe that's because receivers are not open - the check downs are consistent with camp.

Sanchez looks to have better command of the offense. First fumble was on him. Second one I think Roberts completely missed his block.

Siemian looked great on the first drive but not to the level that he separated himself from Sanchez. The INT seemed to rattle him - only one series to asses but he was shaken.

I would like to see Lynch with the 1s. Sure he would get the opponent's 1s. For the most part we've seen what we're going to get from Sanchez and Siemian.

Lynch has much work to do but it would be good to see what he can do.

No panic Broncos Country. The team has some things to clean up that Kubiak will address.

There were some strengths last night - Okung, Green, CJ, Booker, Gotsis, Z. Anderson and Taylor.

Last night's game was part of the process.

Mark showed us exactly why one of the other two will eventually take the job from him. But as Rod and a few others have stated. You can't put a price on experience and veteran influence in the locker room. I fully expect him to start but not finish the season.

Trevor played a little reserved. Definitely loved those check downs. However some of his throws just looked razor on the money. If it weren't for that pick, there would be more sung praises. Big downside is, the INT definitely seemed to rattle him. Big lack of energy is also noticeable.

Lynch is fun to watch. Almost in a Tebow-esque kind of way. He also really animates the team like TT did and really fires them up. I loved swing the drives, two TDs, and the ability to rally a team around him. Like others have stated, I'd like to see the kid play with the 1's. The negatives for Paxton are the glaring rookie mistakes that Kubiak should iron out come mid season. Hanging on to the ball that long Is a death sentence against modern day defenses.

Lynch played well against the 3's and a generic game plan. How well do you think that would translate when teams start giving him their best on a weekly basis and exploit his inexperience? He would also have to learn to get rid of the ball quicker asap which probably means he needs to learn to make his reads quicker ect and so on. Neither Sanchez nor simien played so bad to the point that they cant start the season out managing the games. Maybe expectations of them are too high? Expect games with only 1td from them expect games with 0 from them. Keep in mind we wont pass nearly as much in the regular season with CJ and booker pounding the rock maybe 15x a piece or more. Lynch was a seen as a mini project before we drafted him so give him time to develop and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think Sanchez will be named the starting QB by default. If you're not the coach responsible for the results, it's easy to say you go with upside if no one steps up. But when you're the coach trying to keep the team together, you probably go with the experience when no one steps up. Starting a rookie week 1 can give the veterans the impression of a rebuilding season. Siemian has no experience. Lynch is just a rookie who still takes too long to make decisions and telegraphs his throws. He needs more time.

Sanchez is the veteran who had a good game against the Panthers defense in 2014. I think Kubiak will see that both of Sanchez's fumbles happened because Kyle Roberts failed to block his man. It's a competition in preseason, Sanchez is trying to make a play and Roberts allows his man to hit Sanchez twice. Yes, there is an OT worse than Schofield on the roster and his name is Kyle Roberts. Siemian's turnover was all on him. He had a clean pocket, had time to throw but telegraphed the pass and the defender jumped the route.

That interception and the constant checkdowns will hurt Siemian in this competition because he already has the lack of experience against him. He had to impress tonight. He started strong, but then played too conservative and made a costly mistake. Lynch against the Panthers defense does not look like a good idea.
    Well.....unfortunately.......I have to agree with this post. I've been calling for Trevor to start since last year. However........it's fairly obvious.......we need to start the Veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think Sanchez will be named the starting QB by default. If you're not the coach responsible for the results, it's easy to say you go with upside if no one steps up. But when you're the coach trying to keep the team together, you probably go with the experience when no one steps up. Starting a rookie week 1 can give the veterans the impression of a rebuilding season. Siemian has no experience. Lynch is just a rookie who still takes too long to make decisions and telegraphs his throws. He needs more time.

Sanchez is the veteran who had a good game against the Panthers defense in 2014. I think Kubiak will see that both of Sanchez's fumbles happened because Kyle Roberts failed to block his man. It's a competition in preseason, Sanchez is trying to make a play and Roberts allows his man to hit Sanchez twice. Yes, there is an OT worse than Schofield on the roster and his name is Kyle Roberts. Siemian's turnover was all on him. He had a clean pocket, had time to throw but telegraphed the pass and the defender jumped the route.

That interception and the constant checkdowns will hurt Siemian in this competition because he already has the lack of experience against him. He had to impress tonight. He started strong, but then played too conservative and made a costly mistake. Lynch against the Panthers defense does not look like a good idea.
    At this point Sanchez might not even make the team, did you see the look on Kubiak's face when Sanchez was out there stinking it up

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    At this point Sanchez might not even make the team, did you see the look on Kubiak's face when Sanchez was out there stinking it up
    Kubiak had that look for a lot of the game. Highly doubt he would start the season with a 2nd year veteran in Siemian and rookie Lynch.

I'm just glad it's not my decision.
    I like going outside and walking my dog, going out to dinner etc in peace and anonymity.

I'll probably get flamed for saying this but I would've brought in Michael Vick instead of Sanchez. He would've been cheaper with a bigger arm and big play ability. But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for saying this but I would've brought in Michael Vick instead of Sanchez. He would've been cheaper with a bigger arm and big play ability. But what do I know?
    Should've just kept Ponder, he looked better than all of our QB's

Not really any good options (this year)

Do think Lynch will be good in due time but for the time being, gonna be tough.

Not even sure who i'd start week 1.

It don't matter.
    -
    The panthers are gonna chew up and spit out whoever starts.
    -
    Paxton will have a clipboard, preparing for later in the season.
    -
    Over the next several games.... we gonna see BOTH Sanchez and Siemian get mauled.
    -
    Paxton will have a clipboard, preparing for later in the season.
    -
    Come the bye week.... I pray we are at least 5-5....
    (SD 2 wins, 3 more squeaked out somewhere else.)
    -
    and Paxton better be ready, cause we will need him to make a wildcard run..
    need to win 5 of the remaining 6 games.
    -
    JMHO....
    Mark my words.
    Been saying this for months.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

I was impressed with the zip on the ball when Lynch throws it. It's noticeably faster/tighter than almost every other qb in the NFL. But he also puts touch on the ball when throwing it short or on fade routes, he doesn't try to throw it 100 mph on every pass like Osweiler always did.

Doesn't look ready to start, but definitely seems to be a possibility that he could take over late in the season if he continues to develop well. So he seems to be right on track with my expectations
    Last edited by DrunkPanda; 08-21-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

While I don't want to over-react and hit the panic button just yet, I think Broncos fans should at least be prepared and strap on those seat belts folks, I think we are in for some severe turbulence on the horizon. I just hope Kubiak has his health issues under control, as these two cats (Siemian & Sanchez) just might be the end of him.

Still think people need to have more realistic expectations of what either siemian or Sanchez will give us. We wont see many if any 300+ yard 2+ TD performances. Expect bad games from whoever starts and don't panic after the first bad game with a loss. I think only a small handful of QBs didn't have a bad game last year. It happens. One int on a bad throw and a couple fumbles on blown pass protection and everybody is ready to throw the rookie to the wolves.